Activity Longevity
4/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: Fort Hood Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
The 2014 shooting season has begun.
I wonder how it will compare to last season, tough to beat but I think it will be done.

#murica

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, winvens
Old 04-03-2014, 01:06 AM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:656

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

Some girl on Twitter or whatever this Social Media app is, claimed to be the Fort Hood shooter and is now getting one hell of an ass-whooping from society about it.

Some people found out where she lives, where she goes to school, and all her personal information out there. There's one thing you don't do when it comes to shit like this; act extremely insensitive and especially don't try to take credit for it for attention sake.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigFoot For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Sporky
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3209
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
The shooter was currently under diagnosis for PTSD, not yet officially diagnosed.
Shooter killed himself.
Watching a live press conference now.
PTSD is not a flucking excuse for criminal behavior, PTSD doesn't cause you to go and become a mass murderer, there were obviously other underlining issues with these individuals. No self respecting and mentally competent veteran, reservist, guard, or active duty soldier would commit such haneous acts against another brother in uniform. PTSD doesn't mean that person is going to go apeshit and kill someone, the media loves to twist things and blow them out of preportion

tl;dr: PTSD is not a cop out for violent or criminal behavior, the media twists people's belief about what ptsd is

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sporky For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, winvens
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

But he was being evaluated for PTSD and other mental health issues...You're not a psychiatrist and you do not know how these illnesses can manifest themselves in different people....Settle down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Sporky
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
But he was being evaluated for PTSD and other mental health issues...You're not a psychiatrist and you do not know how these illnesses can manifest themselves in different people....Settle down.
sorry for seeming harsh, but i become irritated when the media tries to portray PTSD as something that turns you into a homicidial manic, when its not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sporky For This Useful Post:
gibeog, Kelseecat65, winvens
Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Why does it seem like whenever there is a mass shooting, there is always a second unconfirmed shooter? And then they find out it was just the one shooter?

Also, aren't the soldiers at Fort Hood trained to use guns? So why don't we let them arm themselves so they can defend themselves from situations like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Sporky
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss69

Edit: Accidental duplicate post

Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 AM
Sporky
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Why does it seem like whenever there is a mass shooting, there is always a second unconfirmed shooter? And then they find out it was just the one shooter?

Also, aren't the soldiers at Fort Hood trained to use guns? So why don't we let them arm themselves so they can defend themselves from situations like this?
Not every soldier is as effecient with a firearm, not every soldier is infantry either, not to mention the fact that there ARE non-military personnel on base, such as dependants (spouses and kids)

And last, you run the risk of accidental discharges, and friendly fire incidents, which happen WAY more often than the public believes, its a subject the military tries to sweep under the rug.

Tl;dr the risk of arming soldiers on base and having friendly fire or accidental discharges is too high, and military police (who are armed) do exsist on almost every major Army base.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sporky For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
Not every soldier is as effecient with a firearm, not every soldier is infantry either, not to mention the fact that there ARE non-military personnel on base, such as dependants (spouses and kids)

And last, you run the risk of accidental discharges, and friendly fire incidents, which happen WAY more often than the public believes, its a subject the military tries to sweep under the rug.

Tl;dr the risk of arming soldiers on base and having friendly fire or accidental discharges is too high, and military police (who are armed) do exsist on almost every major Army base.
I see. I guess accidents will unfortunately always happen. It's just so crazy that this base has been attacked twice now. I read the last time that they are not allowed to have guns on the base which just seemed odd to me.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Sporky
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post

I forgot to mention, that in the chaos of an active shooting event, information is lost or misunderstood, which can lead to reports of multiple shooters, when in fact there could only be 1. Its hard to communicate and give detailed reports (as a witness or bystander) 100% accurately admist such clusterfuck of activity during a shooting, (i.e people running left and right, running away from the shooter, being shot at, worrying about friends or co workers, etc)

The Following User Says Thank You to Sporky For This Useful Post:
Megamel29