Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13787
Foreclosure From Hell

Patsy Campbell could tell you a thing or two about fighting foreclosure. She's been fighting hers for 25 years.

The 71-year-old retired insurance saleswoman has been living in her house, a two-story on a half-acre in a tidy middle-class neighborhood here in central Florida, since 1978. The last time she made a mortgage payment was October 1985.

And yet Campbell has been able to keep her house, protected by a 105-pound pit bull named Dodger and a locked, rusty gate advising visitors to beware of the dog.

"They're not going to take this house," says Campbell. "I intend to stay in this house and maintain it as my residence until I die."

Campbell's foreclosure case has outlasted two marriages, three recessions and four presidents. She has seen seven great-grandchildren born, plum real-estate markets come and go and the ownership of her mortgage change six times. Many Florida real-estate lawyers say it is the longest-lasting foreclosure case they have ever heard of.

The story of how Campbell has managed to avoid both paying her mortgage and losing her home, which is assessed at more than $203,000, is a cautionary tale for lenders that cut corners and followed sloppy practices when originating, processing and servicing mortgages. Lenders are especially vulnerable in the 23 states, including
Florida, that require foreclosures to be approved by a judge.

Campbell has challenged her foreclosure on the grounds that her mortgage was improperly transferred between banks and federal agencies, that lawyers for the bank had waited too long to prosecute the case, that a Florida law shields her from all her creditors and for dozens of other reasons. Once, she questioned whether there really was a debt at all, saying the lender improperly separated the note from the mortgage contract.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
98aa59b2bef64757a2a4ebdbd9615c31.jpg  

9836f88c9b2a4564aa82f1243f5b3980.jpg  

Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
souris
Offline:
SpanMan!
Poster Rank:105
guy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9517
Re: Foreclosure From Hell

all the best to her!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Still, it doesn't make it right. If everyone followed her lead, the lenders would go broke, and, hence, the average 9-5 worker isn't gonna be able to procure a home with reasonable interest rates, regardless of their credit scores, all thanks to people like this lady who feels she should get a freebie in life. She owes the money, therefore, why the fuck doesn't she just do like everyone else and PAY OFF THE FUCKING MORTGAGE!!!

Oh, and by the way, she doesn't have a deed in her name, nor does she have equity in the house.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
St. Geno
Offline:
I don't fuck with anyone
Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13787

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
Still, it doesn't make it right. If everyone followed her lead, the lenders would go broke, and, hence, the average 9-5 worker isn't gonna be able to procure a home with reasonable interest rates, regardless of their credit scores, all thanks to people like this lady who feels she should get a freebie in life. She owes the money, therefore, why the fuck doesn't she just do like everyone else and PAY OFF THE FUCKING MORTGAGE!!!

Oh, and by the way, she doesn't have a deed in her name, nor does she have equity in the house.
It its a whole lot of bullshit. I'm sure in the long run they will make her children responsible for the debt once she is deceased

Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

I'd dispute the mortgage too if I thought that the bank had handled it wrong...but I'd still pay on the fucker while I was disputing it.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Australia Mate!
Poster Rank:238
I have a map of Tasmania

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3686

Crafty old bitch!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

More power to her I say, go on ya crazy women, fuck the banks....what have they done for us recently?.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
carkees
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:177
definately female
Contributions: 6

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5517

If she's fighting it since 1985 and is protected by her dog, how old is the dog then?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
slimjim77
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1342
Animal

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post

What does a piece of paper do for you when you die? She has a house and that is all that counts really. I'm pretty sure that the bank or mortgage company that has not recovered the monies owed to them could afford it, if they couldn't then they shouldn't be in business. One of the first rules of business is to not invest anything you can't afford to loose.

"Oh " I hear you say "But they might not lend anymore to all of us hard working people or they will make it more difficult." NEWSFLASH. They do that already. Debt is slavery simple as that. Financial collapse is what this world needs, sure lots will die and people will suffer, but that happens anyway. A level playing field is what this world needs. Anarchy, total fucking Anarchy, think of how much new fodder we could have on DR if that broke out. Good on her the crafty old goat, trying to bring on world wide revolution through her actions, you should all do it if you live in the US. bring it down, all of it

Old 01-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:211
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

I'm with dooshman. I would just go there with police and secure any and every asset she has and throw her ass in jail. What does Florida think will happen. Anyone having trouble or with some legal knowledge will simply stop paying their mortgages.