Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520
Flip Flops For Work?

Sadly, people have no common sense. It depends where you work. My former boss used to wear sandals and love beads. He was an old Dead Head, but, we were casual, unless anyone from the home office was visiting.

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Daisy dukes and tube tops! We're trying to find out what's hot or not to wear to the office in this summer heat.

Lisa Fried with OfficeTeam says it's tough to go through the closet in the morning. "It is more challenging when it does heat up outside because you've got to think about the outside where it is really hot and then the office where it is really cold."

What about those oh-so-easy-to-slip-on flip-flops?

"I think the immediate reaction is to say, 'No, they're not okay.' But I think it also depends on the organization and industry," explains Fried.

She thinks things have changed in terms of office wear over the years. "You can still be in casual apparel and still be polished."

That means a crocheted bra top is still not appropriate, but more casual wear can make it into your work wardrobe.

She just warns you to think about how much skin you're showing. "You know, the length of the dress and how low-cut [it is]. Be aware that [you] aren't revealing cleavage, that it is still appropriate for a work environment."

Fried says if you're not sure what to wear, ask management. Companies should also consider putting some guidelines in writing.

Attached Images

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Flip Flops For Work?

you know whats fucked up.. theres this new girl at work.. about 21 yrs old. very pretty. everyone wants her--im guilty as charged(but that changed when i saw how stupid she was and an attention whore). Annyways. I work in armored trucking and you know how those guys dress, buttoned up shirt, navy blue cargos or khakis. BOOTS or sturdy shoes. Apparently these rules dont apply to that girl. She goes on the trucks with leopard print pants and flip flops.. she only wears the company shirt. looks like a shirt she got from her boss in his size.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
you know whats fucked up.. theres this new girl at work.. about 21 yrs old. very pretty. everyone wants her--im guilty as charged(but that changed when i saw how stupid she was and an attention whore). Annyways. I work in armored trucking and you know how those guys dress, buttoned up shirt, navy blue cargos or khakis. BOOTS or sturdy shoes. Apparently these rules dont apply to that girl. She goes on the trucks with leopard print pants and flip flops.. she only wears the company shirt. looks like a shirt she got from her boss in his size.
When she breaks a foot, she'll get some steel tip boots! Or not!

We had a temp receptionist at a law firm for which I worked and she came in showing too much cleavage. I took her aside and gave her a pin. I drove her home and told her in a setting such as that, we don't want to be showing off too much. She said her boyfriend told her it would get her the job! That was her first and last day.

I was shocked at how people came in there for interviews. One woman had knee high stockings showing the tops and looking like what I might wear to clean the bathroom!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 PM
bluepinktriangle
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1435

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss246

I never wore shoes at work lol. used to take them off in the office and wonder about in socks.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
lroy10
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1103

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss356

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepinktriangle View Post
I never wore shoes at work lol. used to take them off in the office and wonder about in socks.
When I worked nights people did this a lot, not my thing but it's whatever, your feet not mine. But then there a couple of folks who would get up and go into the bathroom and do their business without putting their shoes on. There were close 50 people at night and I wouldn't trust half of these fuckers to shoot straight so there was no way in hell I would've walked around the bathroom without shoes. None.

The Following User Says Thank You to lroy10 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepinktriangle View Post

That's one way to find out how clean the rugs or floor are :)

I did kick mine off under my desk and rest my feet on top of my shoes, but, put them on when I walked around.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroy10 View Post
When I worked nights people did this a lot, not my thing but it's whatever, your feet not mine. But then there a couple of folks who would get up and go into the bathroom and do their business without putting their shoes on. There were close 50 people at night and I wouldn't trust half of these fuckers to shoot straight so there was no way in hell I would've walked around the bathroom without shoes. None.

I would never walk in a public restroom with no shoes!

After all the tv shows about hotel rooms, I don't even walk from the bed to the bathroom in socks anymore!

Even when I was in a hospital with pneumonia, I put slippers or those socky things with the anti-skid strips on the bottom on.

I also had to bring my own pillowcase because of the solution they used for the laundry made my face break out. (Sensitive skin)

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
lroy10
Old 08-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I would never walk in a public restroom with no shoes!
Reminds me of a time i went to this beach i'd never been before and needing the toilet. I strolled off the beach and was queuing and was utterly shocked when i finally got in the toilet to find some toilets had overflown onto the floor. Piss all over plus water from some leaking pipes
There were people actually walking bare foot in this, now i had flip flops on and still wouldn't enter. Ugh just the thought makes my skin crawl.
I went and found a bush to piss behind and never went back to that beach ever again, stick to the regular places i go to which are lovely and clean.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, pyromancer555
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 AM
bluepinktriangle
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1435

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss246

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroy10 View Post
Oh god no, I wasn't that brave.

My worst nightmare is walking into a bathroom and suddenly feeling cold wet liquid of some kind on my feet.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluepinktriangle For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 08-18-2012, 04:41 AM
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:172
Male
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Activity Longevity