Go Back  

FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 08-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Of course the federal government is not going to publicly say a attack is imminent. As of right now this administration is trying to downplay every threat.
I know America is the best in the world at smoking these attacks out. But our enemies have learned much about how we gather information. And they have learned they cannot trust anyone. So a imminent attack on America may very well be.
But because of the midterm elections, and our President downsizing our military. A long with him pulling out of Iraq against the advisement of many. He is very reluctant to admit he was wrong. During his campaign he boosted about how he ended the Iraq war. And how terrorists were on the run. That we destroyed so much of their infrastructure and command and control.
Weather you agree with the Iraq war or not. It was Obama's job to finish the mission. When all he cared about was ending it before his reelection campaign. And now he is in a very difficult position having pulled out of Iraq. And now facing going right back.
So I don't put much faith in our government giving us a warning. That would be like Obama admitting he is a failure. He sold himself as the man who was going to stop America's provocative policies that make us enemies. Remember all the apologies for America's arrogance, and exceptionalism. The fact that America is being threatened to be attacked because of Obama's policies is a slap to his face.
i just dont think a judicial watch article is justification to sound the alarm when, honestly, there is no credible evidence to support their claim. none.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
GG57, winvens
  #22  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i just dont think a judicial watch article is justification to sound the alarm when, honestly, there is no credible evidence to support their claim. none.
That us usually the case anyway, we are so downplayed by all sides of the playing field, we don't believe the ball has been hit, till it hits us square between the eyes.


I'm guilty of it too. I won't believe even local news, could care less what side they lean on.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Memos, bulletins, and articles don't really mean much when you consider the fact that a fanatical group of bloodthirsty religious zealots who welcome violent death will stop at nothing to attack us here. The largest and most spectacular terrorist attack not just here but in the history of modern radical Islam ended approximately 3,000 lives within the heart of one of our most populous cities and major economic centers. They've been emboldened ever since, and it doesn't require much coordination or materiel for them to start boarding our buses or wandering into our marketplaces and detonating their suicide vests.

One of the main reasons behind organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah refraining from applying to the U.S. such tactics as have been applied to Israel in the past is the fact that the U.S. is always at the forefront of peace and cease-fire negotiations between Israel and Palestine. An organization such as ISIS has no use for such negotiations, and thus are not so restrained. Even if we re-deploy to Iraq or bomb the shit out of their Syrian elements, it will be like hitting an anthill with a lawnmower. They will disperse, and they will eventually converge here.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
  #24  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Oh, and let's not forget that the Muslim prayer that Bowe Bergdahl's father uttered on the front steps of the White House essentially, according to some sources, amounts to that which a Muslim would recite were he to claim a piece of land in the name of Islam.

The shit may very well be about to hit the fan, regardless of how firmly our "elected leaders" may have affixed the blinders to their own heads.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, niknik
  #25  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:23 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Well, logic would suggest keeping any real threat on the downlow, in a "gun crazed" society...

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Well, logic would suggest keeping any real threat on the downlow, in a "gun crazed" society...
I don't really consider us to be all that "gun-crazed." As usual, we're misrepresented even to ourselves by a very small and often vocal minority of troublemakers. Most of the people I know either outright don't like guns, just find target shooting to be fun, or appreciate the home security aspect of gun ownership; and none of them would actually "look forward" to shooting someone.

Hell, my pop -- a PTSD diagnosee and Vietnam veteran -- was the only person I knew who carried on a regular basis, and that was just to and from his car.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
adhartz, invertigo, Kelseecat65
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Metal Mike:
winvens
  #27  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

In other words: if we were truly as "gun-crazed" as the rest of the world thinks we are, there would be none of us left.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
adhartz, Kelseecat65
  #28  
Old 08-30-2014, 06:35 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
I don't really consider us to be all that "gun-crazed." As usual, we're misrepresented even to ourselves by a very small and often vocal minority of troublemakers. Most of the people I know either outright don't like guns, just find target shooting to be fun, or appreciate the home security aspect of gun ownership; and none of them would actually "look forward" to shooting someone.

Hell, my pop -- a PTSD diagnosee and Vietnam veteran -- was the only person I knew who carried on a regular basis, and that was just to and from his car.
You have to consider the administration that is in office, and their judgment.

And I even disagree to some level, even as a gun owning, and gun rights believer. You start tossing the idea that we are about to be invaded around, true or not. You will see a total different light even in some of the most passive gun owners.


Other than 9/11 the us, has never really had to endure the ideas of a real invasive threat from outsiders. We have become so lax on it, we don't even have drills like we did when we were kids to know what to do if such a threat became reality.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
adhartz
  #29  
Old 08-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

So, its a legitimate threat because.....isis exists? Not only is that silly but still, remember, no evidence or compelling reason to be alarmed has yet been presented.

I'm not arguing that the US government should or would tell us if they thought an attack was imminent....just that the claim that 'the feds claim there is a threat' has no evidence to support it. I'm not saying that complacency is a good thing, however, panicking because of a nonexistent threat is just as ridiculous.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
winvens
  #30  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:46 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: FEDS Issue Warning About “imminent Terrorist Attack” on United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i just dont think a judicial watch article is justificatio to sound the alarm when, honestly, there is no credible evidence to support their claim. none.
No credible threat we're aware of. I don't think we should be sounding a alarm as you say. But shouldn't we take measures to secure our country? The world right now is a very dangerous place. With this ruthless terrorist group threatening us. China spying on our every move. Russia sending bomber and surveillance planes just miles from our coast. The ticking time bomb in Iran and in Israel. There's literally no reason to believe we won't be a target.
A terrorist attack is as simple as 5 people making it through our border. Getting hand guns or worse assault rifles, showing up in 5 different nfl parking lots or school parking lots and shooting until they're killed. Just one person could cause panic. Imagine if they got 20.
I think that is a highly likely scenario. People who are willing to die and have the numbers and money are extremely dangerous. To think a ocean is going to protect us is silly.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Metal Mike

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO