Go Back  

Fed. Orders SWAT Team to Serve Warrant For Student Loan Default. You Better Pay Up! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Fed. Orders SWAT Team to Serve Warrant For Student Loan Default. You Better Pay Up!

You may want to go make sure your federal government student loans are in good order right now. That’s because, as a Stockton, CA man just learned, the federal government will bust down your door to get its money. Or even the door of your estranged spouse.

Kenneth Wright was home with his three children early Tuesday morning. He hadn’t even gotten dressed for the day yet, and was still in his boxers. That’s when he looked outside and got a surprise.

“I look out of my window and I see 15 police officers,” Wright told News10.

As Wright came downstairs in his boxer shorts, he said the officers barged through his front door. Wright said an officer grabbed him by the neck and led him outside on his front lawn.

"He had his knee on my back and I had no idea why they were there," Wright said.

"They put me in handcuffs in that hot patrol car for six hours, traumatizing my kids," Wright said.

But there’s just one problem. The police weren’t after Wright. They were after his estranged wife. Not surprisingly, they didn’t find her.

To add insult to injury, officers put a large, clunky board over the hole they created in the door and said it was fixed.

“The hole is the least of my worries,” Wright said.

Wright said he later went to the mayor and Stockton Police Department, but the City of Stockton had nothing to do with Wright’s search warrant.

The U.S. Department of Education issued the search and called in the S.W.A.T for his wife’s defaulted student loans.

“They busted down my door for this,” Wright said. “It wasn’t even me.”

According to the Department of Education’s Office of the Inspector General, the case can’t be discussed publicly until it is closed, but a spokesperson did confirm that the department did issue the search warrant at Wright’s home.

The Office of the Inspector General has a law enforcement branch of federal agents that carry out search warrants and investigations.

Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

Stockton police did not participate in breaking Wright’s door, handcuffing him, or searching his home.

"All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.

Search Warrant

<****** width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AKn5B3HEEqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

TL;DR: Stop resisting citizen. Only guilty people question what we do.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Fed. Orders SWAT Team to Serve Warrant For Student Loan Default. You Better Pay U

I'll sum it up since you didn't read. They kicked his door in looking for his ex wife so they could take her to jail for defaulting a student loan. He wants an apology

Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Fed. Orders SWAT Team to Serve Warrant For Student Loan Default. You Better Pay U

^ I did read and see it has bullshit how he and his children were treated.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Oh...your bottom post said TLDR.