Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: Facility Found for Braindead Calif. Teen on Ventilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycatcreations View Post
Heres an article i just found about jahi written by terri schiavos brother. Hes comparing them, actually the title is " my sister terri schiavo was alive like jahi mcmath"
How can he even compare them?? The comments are interesting.
Its broken up in 2 different pages, i have problems copying so heres the link
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-alive-like-j/
The comments on this article are great!! Good read, thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, shinycatcreations
Old 01-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
Have they said anything about how long they're going to "wait" for her to come back to life?
I have an amazing amount of respect for the mother who's little daughter was brain dead after the dentist using too much anesthetic during surgery. She was a nurse (of what level, I don't know) and seemed to understand that a so called life on ventilators and injectable hormones was not a life.
When the Terri Shaivo (yes I know the difference in her brain damage compared to Jahi's brain death) story was in the news I kept thinking, if her parents are ok with taking on this task for the rest of theirs/her life, then why not let them? But, Terri wasn't living and I don't know anyone who would want to exist the way she was. I'm sure that watching her die was horrific, but I'm glad her husband did what he did. What's the point of being on the earth if you don't even know you're on it?
I have wondered a lot recently, if that were my son lying there, how long it would take me to accept what the situation was, and let him go. I would imagine I would want a day or two with him, to just be, but there would come that point of accepting he was gone.

After my dad was removed from life support, we spent several hours with him in the room, and leaving his body in that room, was gut wrenching. However, leaving your baby, whom you gave birth to, would be devastating on a different level.

I understand the mother's grief, but this is just beyond normal. It's just odd that there is nothing, no leaks of information, nothing. In this day and age, that is just about unheard of.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Firegirl1, K9Grip, shinycatcreations
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
I saw this on the Allnurses forum....Jahi's uncle at the game this weekend with their Attorney. Everyone was questioning where he got the money to attend this particular game.

Link to page:
http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/6371459...9288_44927213/
Tickets to games like that are almost unreal. Either you've been saving for a year(s), someone you know got lucky and won them, someone you know got lucky and a family member had an extra or you found nosebleed seats on CL or Ebay at the last minute for a months pay. You don't just "go" to those kinds of games. Let's also not forget the game was in Washington, not California.
He really needs to make sure he says "thanks" to those on gofundme for his little vacation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Pigeon
Old 01-23-2014, 04:43 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
I have wondered a lot recently, if that were my son lying there, how long it would take me to accept what the situation was, and let him go. I would imagine I would want a day or two with him, to just be, but there would come that point of accepting he was gone.

After my dad was removed from life support, we spent several hours with him in the room, and leaving his body in that room, was gut wrenching. However, leaving your baby, whom you gave birth to, would be devastating on a different level.

I understand the mother's grief, but this is just beyond normal. It's just odd that there is nothing, no leaks of information, nothing. In this day and age, that is just about unheard of.
I've thought about that, too. My daughter is 11 and it would gut me to lose her. But, I know my family would never let me behave the way the mother here has been behaving. They would also keep my delusion of some kind of re-awakening as just a delusion. It would never make it's way to being factual.
Which brings me to think that this really is about $$ now.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell that my entire family would stand behind me in a decision like this. In all likelihood if I had continued on like Jahi's mother, my family would probably have had me committed. I know that might sound rough or mean, but in a horrible situation the last thing you need is someone lying to you about what's really happening or what the outcome is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Kelseecat65, Pigeon
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Mine would too...which makes me wonder if all the $$$ is making them think differently. As for the money, I was reading on one of the nurses forum comments that it's around $10,000 a day to keep a body going...so technically they should be out of money by now. I wonder if the facility has decided to not charge them? I can't imagine insurance paying for a dead body? All these questions, but no answers!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 01-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
Tickets to games like that are almost unreal. Either you've been saving for a year(s), someone you know got lucky and won them, someone you know got lucky and a family member had an extra or you found nosebleed seats on CL or Ebay at the last minute for a months pay. You don't just "go" to those kinds of games. Let's also not forget the game was in Washington, not California.
He really needs to make sure he says "thanks" to those on gofundme for his little vacation.
EXACTLY!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Mine would too...which makes me wonder if all the $$$ is making them think differently. As for the money, I was reading on one of the nurses forum comments that it's around $10,000 a day to keep a body going...so technically they should be out of money by now. I wonder if the facility has decided to not charge them? I can't imagine insurance paying for a dead body? All these questions, but no answers!!
From what I understand, they got private donations, too. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to think that a celebrity or someone who is decently wealthy donating $50K or more.
I'm also thinking the "facility" has decided to work with them on the money aspect. From what I understand and what my SIL (ER doc) understands is that ass soon as the death certificate (regardless of if it has a cause of death on it) was issued, no more insurance.

I'm really disappointed with the jude in this case, too. How many educated people have to tell you what's going on for you to believe the most uneducated person on the subject?

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3103

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

What kind of game was he at?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Firegirl1
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:888
I'm no boy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss522

Quote:
The other day a moderator shut the thread down to review some bickering people were doing & I was hoping they would open it back up!! I need to go check!!
I started from the beginning finally done now, it's a long read.

The Following User Says Thank You to Firegirl1 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Firegirl1
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:888
I'm no boy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss522

Quote:
The Terry S foundation has also been helping them with money, they are actually the ones that found the place that took her.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firegirl1 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Kelseecat65