Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545
Re: Exotic Animals Escape Ohio Farm; Owner Found Dead

Thats gonna be some fucking Animal Rites activist who did it..and in trying to help the animals gets them all killed.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Caged and alone, the sad survivors of the exotic animal bloodbath are now in the care of the Columbus Zoo.
Six animals - three leopards, a grizzly bear and two monkeys - were captured and taken to the Zoo after they were freed by their owner before he killed himself.
'We are happy to report they all seem to be doing very well," zoo spokeswoman Patti Peters said in a statement Thursday.

Meanwhile the man who released the 'Noah's Ark' of deadly animals into his Ohio town before killing himself has been described by neighbours as a gun-crazed animal lover who was having a tough year.
Vietnam veteran Terry Thompson had reportedly separated from his wife, who was not at the ranch when he released the animals.
The sheriff said he spoke with Thompson's wife and that she was distraught over the loss of her husband and the animals.
'You have to understand these animals were like kids to her,' Lutz said.
'She probably spent more time with these animals than some parents do spend with their kids.'
He was released from prison on September 30 after serving a year in jail on charges stemming from an arsenal of weapons he had in his home - which included machine guns and a sniper rifle.
Mr Thompson was also convicted of animal cruelty in 2005 after three animals at his farm died.
Thompson died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and also had a bite wound on the head that appeared to have come from a large cat, such as a Bengal tiger, county Sheriff Matt Lutz said Thursday morning.
It appeared the bite occurred quickly after Thompson shot himself and that his body had been dragged a short distance, Lutz said.
Neighbours described Thompson as having a passion for exotic creatures, which led to tension in the area.
Mr Thompson, 62, had had repeated run-ins with the law and his neighbours. Lutz said that the sheriff's office had received numerous complaints since 2004 about animals escaping onto neighbours' property.

John Ellenberger, a neighbor, speculated that Thompson freed the animals to get back at neighbours and police. 'Nobody much cared for him,' Mr Ellenberger said.
Fred Polk, who lived near Thompson's ranch, told the Great Falls Tribune that his neighbour's assortment of wildlife was a 'time bomb waiting to happen.'
Angie McElfresh, who lives in an apartment near the farm and hunkered down with her family in fear, said 'it could have been an "f-you" to everybody around him.'
Sheriff's deputies shot nearly 50 wild animals - including 18 rare Bengal tigers and 17 lions - in a big-game hunt across the state's countryside on Wednesday after the owner of an exotic-animal park threw their cages open and committed suicide in what may have been one last act of spite against his neighbours and police.

Terry Thompson:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Illusion, michmi, rabenson
Old 10-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

I came across some saddening pictures of the animals shot dead

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
michmi
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Phobophile
Offline:
Ien twa trije!
Poster Rank:409
Male

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1744

<****** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MooEnYSFLZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltcaster_44 View Post
Fuck Humans.
Lol, weren't exactly top of your class were you? It sux that these animals had to be killed, but it was necessary. The idiots online and in the media who talk about tranquilizing them are talking out their asses.

This wasn't a video game where you hit pause, get a sandwich, take a piss and then come back and try to figure out things. Tranquilizing wasn't possible for the legitimate reasons they have already provided and the local law enforcement had to act quickly.

When you have several dozen man eaters on the loose, there is only one option. That is to keep ourselves at the top of the food chain as the gods intend (for now at least).

No humans were killed, the animals were all accounted for except for a monkey so far. So if I were in command of the day, I would mark it down as a victory.

Sure peta will piss and moan like the bitches they are, but fuck em! If they don't like it, we can throw them in the cage with a lion and provide them with a gun. Let nature take it's course from there, they can make their own choice. (I'm hoping in their case that they decide NOT to use a gun).

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
BigFoot
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
silvrrsnow
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
Thats gonna be some fucking Animal Rites activist who did it..and in trying to help the animals gets them all killed.
Well, you can't count on the animals rights people for brilliance. Anyone that isn't intelligent enough to know that we need to get human rights straight before we worry about bugs, guinea pigs and cows, can't be too bright. Human rights is decades away from being where it needs to be.

When we get there, we can figure out what we should do about animals rights after that.

Animals shouldn't be killed for trophies or needlessly, however we have to live and we are meat eaters.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 PM
silvrrsnow
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:15512

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

What a tremendous waste of life. :(

The Following User Says Thank You to silvrrsnow For This Useful Post:
michmi
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Agapeti
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:687
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss776

When I first read the story and listened to some of the people in town, including the police department, talk about this man like he was human waste. Reports of abuse and neglect? Those animals that survived and the ones that lay in a pile didn't look abused and neglected to me. Reports that some of the animals were allowed to roam loose on this man's property? It's a wonder they didn't "kill" anyone then. This man had been harassed for several years by the police department and people in town. Even to the point where he was imprisoned for a year. For years they didn't let up on him. They badgered and harassed every time they could. What's amazing to me is that he let all these animals loose, cut their cages so they couldn't be re-caged and then managed to kill himself without one of the animals killing him. I don't believe that they had to kill the animals. Seeing those piles of dead exotic animals made my heart bleed. The town wanted those animals dead or gone for a long time. Looks like they got their wish.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Russian
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2467
male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss107