Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186
Escaped Giraffe Runs Through Streets of Imola Before Dying of Heart Failure

Quote:
Italy, A giraffe has escaped from an Italian circus in the northern town of Imola, spending several hours on the run.

The five-metre high animal, weighing almost 900kg (2,000lb), caused damage to some vehicles along the roads by catching them with its hooves.

It shocked residents as it made its way down the town's main street.

Eventually, after four hours, it was shot with a tranquiliser by police. It died shortly afterwards, apparently of a cardiac arrest.

The animal, part of the Rinaldo Orfei circus, was on the run for around four hours and video footage showed it moving at speed across a forecourt as people looked on, amazed.

At one point the giraffe was pictured in a full gallop, with a police squad car in pursuit.

Another image, however, shows the giraffe examining some flowers as an elderly lady tends her garden, completely unaware of the giraffe's presence metres above her head.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
imol1.jpg  

imol2.jpg  

imol3.jpg  

imol4.jpg  

imol5.jpg  

imol6.jpg  

imol7.jpg  

imol8.jpg  

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 escaped gira.mp4(9.08 MB, 146 views)
File Type: mp4 escaped gira2.mp4(832.9 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 PM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942
Re: Escaped Giraffe Runs Through Streets of Imola Before Dying of Heart Failure

heart attack cause it wasnt used to running around anymore?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, diamondsmiles, gatagato, kellyhound, mmodisett
Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss51379

Some cracking photos there Poor giraffe!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Flaka, gatagato
Old 09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5488

Sad story, the major of Imola decided to kick the circus out within 2 days. Many other majors in Italy may decide to ban the circus with animals from their cities.

P.S.:
THAT must be the ugliest italian police woman i've ever seen in my life, usually they are hot or at least passable, but hey! That's a disgrace, something must have gone very wrong during pregnancy, Jesus Christ!

THESE are legit ITA policewomen:
Name:  pol.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  19.9 KB

If the autopsy will estabilish that the poor giraffe died of heart attack right after such sight, everything would make a lot more sense, in this extremely sad story

Old 09-23-2012, 02:50 PM
foldingstars
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1876
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss166
Those are some amazing photos.love the one where he is popping his head round the corner.

That is probably the most freedom the poor thing has ever had.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foldingstars For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Dynamo47
Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Old 09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
wujuan
Offline:
i am that which is
Poster Rank:311
girlie girl

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2494

poor baby. animal circuses are evil.

Azimuth, gatagato
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5488

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujuan View Post
poor baby. animal circuses are evil.
They simply should NOT be allowed to exist, i hope this will change things forever at least in Italy (it's a major news here right now). In sardinia, circuses are already having HARD TIMES, we have already expressed our disagreement the most convincing way (i won't share too many details, but we are VERY convincing, when needed).
Btw, one month ago my nephew asked me to go take him to the circus, and i refused to. He just wanted to see tigers, elephants, giraffes and so on. Nothing wrong with it, but i didn't want him to see some TORTURED tigers, elephants, giraffes and so on. I promised him that i'll show him the tigers in India in their natural habitat, one day, and i'll keep my word, i swear. He was mad at me, but when he'll grow, he'll understand the why. Flashing lights, noises, hand claps, people all over, which is a scenario that has nothing to do with their natural environment, is just the tip of the iceberg. What's worse is the way they are trained: take a look at this training session of a little elephant, and think that it's just a baby, more here (and that is just an example, i hate animal cruelty so much that i don't want to google for it).
God made the cat in order that humankind might have the pleasure of caressing the tiger, but that's wasn't enough. It seems that we MUST close, beat, electric-shok, tie them, just for the sake of the show and for the money coming from the ticket. Look: I believe in extraterrestrial intelligent life forms: many wonder why UFOs are so difficult to be caught on camera: my humble possible explanation is simple: they take a quick look to our planet and flee away @ extremely hight speed, DISGUSTED after seeing what we are doing to our planet: not even Einstein would disagree:
Quote:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
We are the only ones who torture living beings for money and/or sadism, we kill for jealousy, envy, money (again), fun, some human females trash their newborns despite laws would protect their identities: so, who actually would deserve to be electric-shocked in order to learn the lesson, us or them?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Karma
The Following Users Disliked This Post By gatagato:
dcaccount22
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 AM
dcaccount22
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1474

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss236

Not all animals in human captivity are suffering, and if you think the wild is better, you are ignoring all of the videos of torture and death that exist of creatures existing as nature decrees. From birth wild animals live in pain, fear, thirst, hunger, and often die young, eaten alive or killed by rivals just after their primes. Humans like to say "wild is better, because cages etc are cruel" but ignore evidence that suggests that because most animals are not as intelligent as humans, captivity is not nearly as objectionable. It is easy to find examples of cruelty towards animals in human care, the media and animal advocates like to propagate such an image perhaps because it is easier to prevent people from owing wild animals than it is to make sure they take proper care of them, however studies and animal experts can be found to agree that given proper exercise, care and intellectual enrichment animals in captivity who are given a job such as performing tricks are extremely happy and live much longer than those in the wild. I do not object to circuses, zoos, animal parks etc so long as the animals are given compassionate care. In most cases they are, the good places just arnt the ones receiving the attention and gathering outrage. Check dates and sources on circus cruelty videos etc before using them to formulate your opinion on what to support and what not to. Chances are if you take little Jr. on an african safari there is a good chance hell get to see animals eating one another alive, killing each other slowly in power struggles, or dying of starvation or disease.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldingstars View Post
Those are some amazing photos.love the one where he is popping his head round the corner.

That is probably the most freedom the poor thing has ever had.
That was my fav as well. Can you imagine if that woman had sensed someone watching here and saw that? She would have had a heart attack!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, gatagato