Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Re: Egypt: Internet Down

Of course the internet is not all I am concerned with. My friend lives in Cairo for gods sake. But as for the bigger picture the ability of the government to just snag away the civilians ability to acquire info and communicate is HUGE. And I hope people take notice. I haven't heard from my friend in 2 days now, Im nervous as fuck.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 AM
mwt77932
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:532
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
Is the internet all you guys are worried about?
Not at all. It would be the first step in a much larger plan. That is why it scares me.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwt77932 View Post
It is really frightening how easily they were able to kill the internet in Egypt. You know that they already have a plan ready to do the same thing here in the US. It's all about controlling the flow of information and silencing all dissenting voices.
The Government already controls the flow of information, it has for quite a while.
Its up to the individual to interpret the truth.
They don't have to shut down the internet to silence dissent.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:16 AM
RDdamien
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4128
male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
The Obama Regime has passed internet laws that also allow the government to shut down the internet in times of national crisis. Now why would he want to do such a thing?
you will see soon enough

Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

My friend called last night, everything still down and he sounded exhausted from guarding his house but he is ok.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
I am wondering... how do you turn off the Internet for a whole country?.
It's very simple. Servers go down just like half the country lost power back in "05" and all they can say is "It's an accident or it's for our protection". Call me a nut but "05" was no accident as Katrina wasn't either. These are dry runs or mock drills in order to see just what the people will and won't object to and it's not much we won't object on unless it's about taking our guns...I think.

Are you aware that non-military forces (Black Water) were deployed and weapons were also confiscated during Katrina?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
Because he is a fucking cunt just like the rest, where are USA's health reforms, lying fuck.
First of all, there are some reforms IN PLACE, and there are entire groups of people and physicians that refuse to follow any of the new guidelines. There are doctors in my state that told patients that if they follow the Obama plan, then get a new doctor.

This is a political hot potato. Many who NEED it will deny it because of the administration that passed part or all of the related legislation.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
It's very simple. Servers go down just like half the country lost power back in "05" and all they can say is "It's an accident or it's for our protection". Call me a nut but "05" was no accident as Katrina wasn't either. These are dry runs or mock drills in order to see just what the people will and won't object to and it's not much we won't object on unless it's about taking our guns...I think.

Are you aware that non-military forces (Black Water) were deployed and weapons were also confiscated during Katrina?
I realize LOTS about Katrina since I was THERE and on duty....as was my husband (different agency).

The MAN-MADE Katrina was the complete failure of our levee and canal systems as well as the failure of the pumps. even by design, there is no way those pumps could have kept up add to that, the gaping holes in the levees, in RANDOM....not predetermined places, and you're bound to get this level of disaster.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 AM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
I realize LOTS about Katrina since I was THERE and on duty....as was my husband (different agency).

The MAN-MADE Katrina was the complete failure of our levee and canal systems as well as the failure of the pumps. even by design, there is no way those pumps could have kept up add to that, the gaping holes in the levees, in RANDOM....not predetermined places, and you're bound to get this level of disaster.

Even if that is true (which I doubt), a whole lotta of nasty shit went on that was not televised but I'm sure they made sure to portray the people as if they were animals. Everything else I said is fact. Our guns UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should ever be taken and by doing so you are putting yourself at the mercy of those that resolve to uphold our rights. I'd liked to see them try that shit in Texas

Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Even if that is true (which I doubt), a whole lotta of nasty shit went on that was not televised but I'm sure they made sure to portray the people as if they were animals. Everything else I said is fact. Our guns UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should ever be taken and by doing so you are putting yourself at the mercy of those that resolve to uphold our rights. I'd liked to see them try that shit in Texas
Usually I agree with you, but there are many examples of unarmed people overthrowing tyranny.