Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss61221
Eagles Feasting on Garbage Bags of Fish Product in the Bed of a Pickup Truck

Quote:
A flock of eagles descended on the Safeway parking lot last week, prompting police intervention.

Public Safety Director Jamie Sunderland says several people called in short succession on Thursday afternoon to report the melee.

Sunderland: “One of our officers went over there and there were 40 eagles sitting on, in and around several vehicles in the area.”

Sunderland says the eagles were feasting on garbage bags of fish product in the bed of a pickup truck. Public Safety contacted the truck owner:

Sunderland: “Who confirmed they did have a bunch of fillets in the car, and they were trying to get rid of it, but there were so many eagles that they were, I think, somewhat alarmed to go near the vehicle, because it was just being swarmed by eagles.”

Jessica Earnshaw’s car was parked next to the truck, and she says she was afraid of getting attacked if she got too close.

Earnshaw: “I put my car alarm on so maybe that would let the eagles go away, but they still didn’t.”
When Officer Bill Simms arrived, Earnshaw says he put on his sirens, which scared off some of the eagles, and then he went into the fray.

Earnshaw: “He’s like, ‘okay, you two, just get your keys ready and then when I shoo them away, run into your cars.’ And we did.”

No one got hurt, and Sunderland says the truck owner wasn’t cited for the incident because the fish didn’t make a mess in the parking lot:

Sunderland: “It was just making a giant gathering of eagles, so the answer was to get the waste out of there, and that’s what they did.”

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 eagles feasting on garbage bags of fish product in the bed of a pickup truck.mp4(2.49 MB, 68 views)
Old 05-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899
Re: Eagles Feasting on Garbage Bags of Fish Product in the Bed of a Pickup Truck

That is amazing! Paint damage tho I'm sure. I've had the same reaction feeding bread to the seagulls when they come in the winter. Not nearly as exciting or dangerous as eagles tho.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376
Re: Eagles Feasting on Garbage Bags of Fish Product in the Bed of a Pickup Truck

What were they freaking out about? ? They wanted to dispose of the fish and the eagles were obviously hungry.

Problem solved, no?

Eagles are a protected species; they should have let them eat and made sure no one bothered them. Stupid.

Faline
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 AM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

poor hungry eagles!!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399

Darwin's probably use to seeing this... i went up to alaska for just two weeks and saw more eagles then i ever needed too

Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
What were they freaking out about? ? They wanted to dispose of the fish and the eagles were obviously hungry.

Problem solved, no?

Eagles are a protected species; they should have let them eat and made sure no one bothered them. Stupid.
True