Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11718
Re: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Supporting Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I really don't know the history at all, other than it appears that they have shifted completely in the last 75 years or so.

It appears that today's Republican party represents what the Southern democrats used to be. The electorate lines haven't really changed that much, its still north & south, its just that the Democrats used to represent the south.
Yeah, just to give summary to that, around that era, both parties were still somewhat the same, the northern democrats had a split themselves, and then one merged into the republican.

Is was an easy transition, since like I said, they were very closely related in ideology.

Pink., rob666
Old 09-15-2015, 03:14 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
For both parties, they are the wild card. They have to be swayed en-mass one way or the other. Rhere will be some "moderate" libertarians, but their "bloc vote" will be of little consequence in a national election.
Here they had less than 1% of the vote last time..... They have some crazy ideas though, such as open borders with no restriction on immigration along with no minimum wage...... As if that wouldn't knock the shit out of the economy

I thought it was mainly just about individual rights, but there are some massive holes in it and a lot iof variations too.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:16 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Many party labels have been hijacked, over the years. So really, it is hard to get a indefinite answer to understand their platforms.
This guy is apparently following the Canadian version, the platform is outlined on their website.

To me its pretty out there.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

This country will never get past the root north/south split.

Its too bad we can not just divide the country geographically and forget about it! Its quite embarrasing when you look at it.

rob666
Old 09-15-2015, 08:56 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Oh ya, religious guy, and white.

Fuck him.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
The problem with Donald Trump is that he will never be president. His nomination as the Republican candidate would gift the White House to Hillary Clinton. He would self-destruct in a general election. In fact, he may be Clinton's only hope. And even if he were somehow to win, we have no idea how he would govern.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a Donald Trump. I love the idea of an outsider who doesn't care about political correctness and who says things you're not supposed to. Unfortunately, Donald Trump is the wrong messenger. From the moment he announced his candidacy, everybody knew that, but nobody had the backbone to say it.

Gov. Jindal: Trump is 'egomaniac,' 'narcissist' 07:52
Well, I do.

Last week, I said on national television that Donald Trump is a shallow, unserious, substance-free, narcissistic egomaniac.
It's pointless arguing policy with someone not intellectually curious enough to care and who makes it up on the fly. According to him, his plans will be "fabulous" and "something terrific."
His problem with Washington isn't big government, it's that he's not running it. He's not liberal, moderate or conservative. He's not Republican or Democrat. Donald Trump is for Donald Trump. He believes only in himself.
What's at stake in Wednesday's debate
Like all narcissists, Trump is insecure, weak and afraid of being exposed. That's why he's constantly telling us how big and rich and great he is, and how insignificant everyone else is.
Like a kid in a superhero costume, Trump compares himself to Ronald Reagan, wearing the Gipper's slogan on his forehead as if he just thought of it. But whereas Reagan was a terrible entertainer and a great statesman, Trump is a great entertainer who would be a terrible statesman.
Sane conservatives need to stop enabling him. They need to stop praising him, stop being afraid of him and stop treating him rationally.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/15/opinio...ump/index.html