Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Duck Dynasty - Phil Supporting Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
It's the emotional attachment behind the injustice of the act, and the persecution severity out-weighting the damage done.

While on the other end of the pendulum, we pass laws that supports death, destruction, and wars while supporters rage on that it is a "Godly" purpose.

Catch the drift
I'd say that an elected official attempting to override the law based on religious views is pretty damaging.

I think what you're getting at is that she picked out something convenient to protest, while ignoring bigger issues that also should go against the same religious views.

I would agree with that completely.

Although I'm agnostic right now, I was forced into the religious bullshit for a while as a child. It gave me some insight into how these people think, but it also gives me insight into what the New Testament was actually all about.

Jesus was not a fucking capitalist. It's all about helping others, being considerate and being good to others. It's not about accumulating wealth at the expense of others, fucking people over to get ahead or have the nicest car on the street.
I look at how these people act as compared to what Jesus taught, and I can't comprehend it.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:25 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728
Re: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Supporting Israel

I guess i shouldn't have used that current event as an example, since it appears there is just too much emotional attachment to it from media hype.

My over all point is the level of damage... did she bomb the gay guy's house afterwards? Did she put them in concentration camps? Is she deporting them to some other country to deal with them? All in the name of JEBUS!!

No, but America is ready to hang her, as if she did.

On the other-hand, Republicans rant all day long how we must protect "God's" country, that would rather cut your balls off before allowing same sex marriage, has policies closer to Jim crow laws, murders innocent people, is committing cultural genocide, and even enslavement with govt. knowledge, has a history of eugenics on other races...all in the name of God, and the left never says anything to a Republican, on a national media level of course.

I guess no one sees the double standard.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I guess i shouldn't have used that current event as an example, since it appears there is just too much emotional attachment to it from media hype.

My over all point is the level of damage... did she bomb the gay guy's house afterwards? Did she put them in concentration camps? Is she deporting them to some other country to deal with them? All in the name of JEBUS!!

On the other-hand, Republicans rant all day long how we must protect "God's" country, that would rather cut your balls off before allowing same sex marriage, has policies closer to Jim crow laws, murders innocent people, is committing cultural genocide, and even enslavement with govt. knowledge, has a history of eugenics on other races...all in the name of God, and the left never says anything to a Republican, on a national media level of course.

The left values the religious vote too, IMHO that's why they don't get as involved as maybe they should. Maybe because it was Jimmy Carter that started all this shit, who knows?

I don't really see it as a double standard, its more like a selective intervention. Its OK for Phil Robertson to say that we need to protect Israel for religious reasons, because its generally accepted for most people that is the correct answer, especially his audience.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:

Everybody plays the GOD CARD to get the votes.

The same can be said for radical Democrats as well. I have had the experience of being a guest at a Historically black church in inner city New Orleans, and the same sermon gets preached as in all White Pentecostal churches, and these Black church members are *by definition* democrats.

Again, everybody plays the GOD CARD to get the votes.

rob666
Old 09-15-2015, 02:22 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Everybody plays the GOD CARD to get the votes.

The same can be said for radical Democrats as well. I have had the experience of being a guest at a Historically black church in inner city New Orleans, and the same sermon gets preached as in all White Pentecostal churches, and these Black church members are *by definition* democrats.

Again, everybody plays the GOD CARD to get the votes.
Could a devout atheist get elected president?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:26 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Could a devout atheist get elected president?
In this country at this time, I don't think so. There are too many "closet religious radicals"?? on both ends of the Politispectrum.

In the US, I have observed that during major elections, people with no knowledge of the countrys issues come out to vote for the outwardly extreme candidates.

rob666
Old 09-15-2015, 02:38 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
In this country at this time, I don't think so. There are too many "closet religious radicals"?? on both ends of the Politispectrum.

In the US, I have observed that during major elections, people with no knowledge of the countrys issues come out to vote for the outwardly extreme candidates.
I had the most interesting discussion with a libertarian the other day now that you mention that....... I thought libertarians tended to be right-far right, but that isn't so cut & dried....... Some of them have a very contradictory belief system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Pink., winvens
Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I just think those on the right are sold, because of religious beliefs, and the left lets it be a free pass.

Well most of the left allows it. Media never covers the far leftist anti-zionist groups, not at extreme levels of re-running the scripts for weeks, anyway.
And today, the left is heavily over represented with dual loyalty Jewish politicians.

Israel has, however, shown great concerns that they are losing the left, and the left has become divided in regards to support for Israel. Now with muslims coming in to the U.S, they automatically jump on the democratic ticket, simply because the left obviously supports open borders, but they will not support Israel.

I wonder how it will play out, and how the left got to this point. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the history of the democratic party, but for most part, what the democratic party (u.s. version) is today, can be accredited to Jewish ideology which, of course is heavily communistic. Many Jewish poles/Russians emigrated here (my grandmother included) and they attached themselves to the Democratic party, and it was around a time that the platform was undergoing a dramatic evolving process.

This is where the democratic party picked up the labor force, union, minority empowerment reform, egalitarian type ideology. This is where it can truly be defined that the democrat/republican parties became total opposites. (this is why many people, can rightly say the democratic party is a lighter version of communism)

For quite some time before, they were splitting by only marginal differences in platforms. They originally were one, in the same, even called Republican Democrat, of course that was long time before the late 1800s and early 1900s, but still, you can see the dramatic difference. now.

Part of the ideology is to break down a ruling class, or faith based ruling sector even. America having deep roots in Christian leadership, the only way to break that grip is to tare down the christian image. So I wonder if it has backfired on them, because now the left is gaining a more predominate anti-religion platform, who is now ready to shut-down ties with Israel, because it is too faith based.

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/44...RLGrDGIxFh6.97

I really don't know the history at all, other than it appears that they have shifted completely in the last 75 years or so.

It appears that today's Republican party represents what the Southern democrats used to be. The electorate lines haven't really changed that much, its still north & south, its just that the Democrats used to represent the south.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:49 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

Quote:
I had the most interesting discussion with a libertarian the other day now that you mention that....... I thought libertarians tended to be right-far right, but that isn't so cut & dried....... Some of them have a very contradictory belief system.
Many party labels have been hijacked, over the years. So really, it is hard to get a indefinite answer to understand their platforms.

rob666
Old 09-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
For both parties, they are the wild card. They have to be swayed en-mass one way or the other. Rhere will be some "moderate" libertarians, but their "bloc vote" will be of little consequence in a national election.

rob666