formerly male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613
Driver Wearing Cast Hits Restaurant

ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A car drove through the wall of a Robinson Township restaurant on Wednesday night, but there were no serious injuries.

"It could have been a lot worse," Police Chief Dale Vietmeier said. "I think time was on their side. If it had been 9:15 instead of 11:15, it may have been more serious."

Emergency crews were called to Steak 'n Shake on Park Manor Boulevard and found that the restaurant's front window was smashed. The building was closed at the time.

Vietmeier said the driver "recently had surgery on his right foot, and it was in a cast, and probably shouldn't have been operating a motor vehicle at that time with a cast on, but he was."

Police told Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo that 19-year-old Jordan Menni, of McKees Rocks, was working the vehicle's pedals with his left foot and accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake pedal.

There was also a 17-year-old girl in the car at the time of the crash. Police said she bumped her head but refused treatment at the scene.

The restaurant was closed Thursday while repairs were made, Mayo reported.

So far, there's no word on whether any charges will be filed.

"I don't think the law really addresses that, per se," Vietmeier said, when asked about driving with a cast. "But I mean, obviously, you have to be in actual physical control of your vehicle. And, obviously, there was some interference there."