Poster Rank:52

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17038
Re: Dolphin Rescued from Rice Field 12 Days After Tsunami

<****** title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/azEOeTX1LqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Creepy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

I do understand. I've seen some really crazy "documentary" type programs about these wee intelligent mammals and being caught up in giant fishing nets and or slaughtered. I think its barbaric. So is smacking a cow in the head with a machine.

:(

Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss88597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
I do understand. I've seen some really crazy "documentary" type programs about these wee intelligent mammals and being caught up in giant fishing nets and or slaughtered. I think its barbaric. So is smacking a cow in the head with a machine.

:(
a cows main purpose in life is to be tasty
and they meet a relatively humane end but not these poor angels of the ocean
shits me to fucking tears

Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 AM
joethurr
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:179

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5502

salute the japanese and the effort they put in!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss88597

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethurr View Post
salute the japanese and the effort they put in!
they do make nice hi-fis

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
BugDude
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:64
Male

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14600

Wow actually tried to save a dolphin? Probably only so they could kill it later. Fucking pricks
<****** title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LrcIk6pkPu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

such a sweet story with the possibility of such a tragic ending. it is easy to group a nationality by the actions of some yet here you can see the reasons it is wrong. not all japanese people are advocates for the slaughter of dolphin (just like not all americans are for the slaughter of horses or other animals that are slaughtered for food).

i highly doubt the dolphin will survive being it is young and the radiation in the water. but for someone who cared, there was little else they could do. the dolphin had no chance whatsoever where it was found and they did the best they could. with so much devastation, a small act to a helpless animal is surprisingly even noticed and mentioned. what a wonderful man with a great heart!

i googled taiji and tsunami to find out if the tsunami hit the cove and unfortunately the cove remains. (the cove is where the dolphins get rounded up and caught - bugdude posted a clip on that in the previous post.)
this is what i did find out. appears the tsunami saved some dolphins and killed others depending whether they were in a net or in a sea pen. also on one of the pages i looked at there was another video of the tsunami that i had not yet seen so i will add it here. if it was already posted, my apologies. the following is what i found on the internet...
======================

*March 11/11:This update on the dolphins in the Habour pens of Taiji came through from Mark Bramberry on Facebook:
Taiji: 6 surges in the harbour which caused damage dolphin pens - pens got washed across rocks, cries of dolphins were audible. Details sketchy

* March 11/11: This updated report by Steven Thompson on the dolphins:
:" Screams were from dolphins from an Aussie near the area. He went safely up Tsunami Hill. Sorry to report that none of the dolphins were seen to have escaped. Boats did get out to ride out the waves."

* March 12/11: In Taiji, 24 captured dolphins were killed in the pens run by the FU. The sea water surged six times smashing the pens into the rocks. The hunters took their boats to safety in the bay. No FU staff stayed behind. The pens were not secured. Nobody checked on them. no news from the dolphin base for now...via Thomas Gainard

*March 12/11: In Taiji, 24 captured dolphins were killed in the pens run by the FU. The sea water surged six times smashing the pens into the rocks. The hunters took their boats to safety in the bay. No FU staff stayed behind. The pens were not secured. Nobody checked on them. The dolphins were heard to cry for hours....via Mark Bramberry (TDAG)

*March 13/11: Somewhere between 13 and 24 dolphins were killed either through drowning or injury on the rocks and it appears that they were processed as meat in the slaughterhouse this morning....via Michael Dalton (Eyes On Taiji

http://leslieanngervais.blogspot.com/
===========================================

Did the huge earthquake and tsunami take out the cove/ taiji??

Ive done a bit of digging, and from what I can find they werent hit strong by the earthquake, but the tsunami was pretty bad in taiji, breaking buildings and washing boats ashore. The cove guardians and sea Shepard volunteers are all okay, and in the cove the nets have broken free, allowing the escape of the days dolphins, but the cove itself unfortunately is still intact, if temporarily stopped. In other news Some friends going over in april tell me that we have stopped a few weeks of killing this year!

http://www.91pan.com/post/did-japan-...troy-the-cove/

==================
Ric O'Barry posted word at SaveJapanDolphins.org over the weekend that all of the organization's volunteers are safe, but that the tsunami claimed several dolphins in Taiji.

Ric writes:

Sadly, the news out of Taiji is no better. Although it is located well away from the epicenter of the earthquake, they did experience swells from the tsunami. Sadly, we heard that all 24 dolphins being kept in sea pens in the harbor died as they were thrashed against the rocky coastline. During such a difficult time, it's hard to say what I'm feeling about the fisherman who left them there. So I won't.

A team of volunteers from SaveJapanDolphins.org had been about 700 miles north of Taiji in Iwate Prefecture, near the epicenter of the temblor, when the quake struck last week. The volunteers had been monitoring Dall's Porpoise hunts, and had to scramble to higher ground overlooking the city of Otsuchi.

Volunteer Brian Barnes posted this video of the final moments of the quake, the tsunami sirens, and a wall of water that submerges the town below them.

http://www.takepart.com/news/tag/taiji-tsunami

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Taiji Tsunami TakePart - Inspiration to Action.mp4(55.53 MB, 63 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts