Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577
Dogs Kill 2 Year Old Child, Sweet Farms, Cape Town Afrique Du Sud

A 2-year-old boy was mauled to death by dogs in Sweet Farm, Nyanga, on Tuesday, Cape Town police said.

Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut said the child was playing outside his home when he was attacked by the dogs.

More info

Eighteen dogs were put down by the Cape of Good Hope SPCA on Tuesday, following the death on a 3-year-old boy in Sweet Home Farm informal settlement near Nyanga.

The SPCA managed to persuade angry residents to surrender their dogs to the organisation instead of killing the animals themselves.

So far 57 dogs have been admitted to the group’s mobile units.

Unfortunately, it was too late for three little puppies, whose owners put them on a railway line. The SPCA managed to save two others.

“Those dogs that were put down yesterday [on Tuesday] were not the ones involved in the attack, these are dogs that were surrendered by their owners who requested that they be put down,” said Lamees Martin from the SPCA.

“The community is outraged by what happened and many people have come forward to give up their dogs.”

“The residents were all shouting ‘no dogs’ and some [were] holding up placards that read ‘no more dogs in Sweet Home Farm’,” said Martin.

It is alleged that seven dogs killed the little boy. The dogs all belonged to one man, who was not present at the time of the incident. The dogs were apparently chased out of the area by angry residents.

The SPCA has reportedly been scouring the area since the incident occurred and is trying to locate the dogs. They have only managed to capture one of the dogs involved.

Allan Perrins, CEO of the SPCA in Cape Town, said that dogs in informal settlements lack love and affection from humans around them.

“Many township dogs lack affection and often there is no mutual respect, forcing them to lead a feral existence. This is when their instincts as a predator manifest itself. Unsupervised children are most vulnerable and prone to being attacked due to their naivety and inquisitiveness,”

So who would you blame, the parent of the child not looking after it properly or do you blame the owners of the dogs or the dogs themselves

The Following User Says Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
Kensomniac
Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Dogs Kill 2 Year Old Child, Sweet Farms, Cape Town Afrique Du Sud

So people are just going to stop owning dogs in that neighborhood because of 7 vicious mutts? Why would they put puppies on the train tracks?

I don't quite understand ya'lls culture out that way but you post some very interesting articles.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

dude i am not being racist but africans(the black ones,report me for bing racist for saying that ) yes i consider myself an african, they have no value or consideration for life,a culture of violence has been part of black africans lives since the dawn of time and it will never change, life is cheap and it comes across in the way they treat women, animals and children, its not all of them but a good lot, they still want to live and hunt off the land with twenty wives but they wanna do it while driving the latest sports cars etc. Its all about self enrichment, its sad cos this is one of the most beautiful countries in the world,its just run buy aggresive and violent people

The Following User Says Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
candymosh
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10961

I guess the 2-year-old boy was alone outside

Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

its a combination of fault.

if a gang of 7 people kill a child would it be justifiable to kill every person in the town? same difference IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedPrincess For This Useful Post:
Kensomniac
Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Hate to think what that poor boy went through, horrible death

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Kensomniac
Old 07-03-2011, 10:51 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
I guess the 2-year-old boy was alone outside
maybe not.....I've read articles from around the US where the parents are with their children and then dogs attack them and end up killing the kids while the parents are trying to fight them off.

Didn't see any mention of parents doing that though so your probably right.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

I recently gave up my pooch to the "Dogs trust" because I knew I was being selfish by keeping him, it broke my heart to do it but he will be bedder off, but how the fuck do you kill your own dog?, "Train tracks" I would like to fucking put the owners on the fucking tracks, seriously I would.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Karma, Kensomniac
Old 07-03-2011, 01:10 PM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:163
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6033

Awful death for that poor little boy, but I can't help feeling bad for those poor puppies who were put on train lines to be killed. It just shows what sort of people these must be. And those puppies weren't even involved in the killing.
The owners of the dogs who killed are ultimately responsible. If the dogs are wild enough to attack and kill like that then surely they shouldn't have been allowed to roam free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
Kensomniac, Stevee
Old 07-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Kensomniac
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:484
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1322

It just makes no sense to me.. killing and giving up every dog in town because a pack of dogs that belonged to one man were running about unsupervised.. then again, it was also the second attack, so who knows really.. it's just extreme and more than a little ignorant to kill all dogs in the town.

Still, I can't imagine what the reaction would be like if a pack of dogs killed a child here.. you hear of individual animals most, but not usually of roaming packs.

I wish the article gave more information about the situation, if the child was unsupervised or not would be a great bit to have.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kensomniac For This Useful Post:
Karma, Stevee, Xfactor