male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886
Re: Dog Savages Champion Horse

how the fuck would you expect somebody on a forum with no relation to the case to prove anything?
Since you guess it was a pit bull maybe you should back up your assupmtion with relevant facts.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
Pit Bull
Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:228
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Exactly. Actually, the ones that attacked me were only hybrids but the owner said it was my fault because I went to close to his truck. I was 100 feet from his truck. And true enough, though I have been attacked by a pitbull I have been bit more often by other dogs. Not that the pitbull wasn't dangerous.. I just am more careful now that I have been bitten a few times. And the pitbulls I have seen have been way more ferocious and muscular. Any dog can do damage. So every dog should be under the control of it's owner at all times.
So tired of all the lame defenses: "It's not the dog's fault". "The dog was provoked". And this said about a dog that killed an infant. I guess the baby was deserving to die since it knew better.
Or "It wasn't really a pit bull". Like it matters. Pit bulls are just as dangerous as any dog and more so because they are naturally more aggressive and often refuse to be distracted from a fight and are more powerful with a disproportionately large and powerful bite. The mechanics of the jaw and size make it's bite much more dangerous than most other dogs.
Ummmm yeah it does matter when somone says "its a pit bull. must ban all pit bulls" if the offending dog isnt a fucking pit bull.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:230
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNosePit View Post
Ummmm yeah it does matter when somone says "its a pit bull. must ban all pit bulls" if the offending dog isnt a fucking pit bull.
I have nothing against mandatory kills for any dog that attacks a human.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
EPIC_FAIL, Pit Bull
Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
how the fuck would you expect somebody on a forum with no relation to the case to prove anything?
Since you guess it was a pit bull maybe you should back up your assupmtion with relevant facts.
Synonyms: assume, conjecture, daresay, imagine, presume, speculate, suppose, surmise, suspect, suspicion

Second or third usage was my actual intent and I was thinking a reasonable person could get that by my usage:

2: believe, suppose <I guess you're right>

3: to arrive at a correct conclusion about by conjecture, chance, or intuition <guess the answer>
You need to get over it. I am thinking you have more dog issues than I do.

I did write:I can't wait for someone to prove me wrong... Still waiting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
EPIC_FAIL, kayo brizzle
The Following 2 Users Disliked johnleeknoefler For This Post:
Pit Bull, uswdkb42
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

I already gave you a grammar lesson.

my only issue with dogs is I love and respect all breeds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
Pit Bull, uswdkb42
The Following Users Disliked This Post By BlueNosePit:
kayo brizzle
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
kayo brizzle
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:452
Female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1437

Haha! A grammar lesson from an idiot with spell check! He must be so proud to think he's schooled you, John! Fucking idiot...

The Following 2 Users Disliked kayo brizzle For This Post:
Pit Bull, uswdkb42
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
I already gave you a grammar lesson.

my only issue with dogs is I love and respect all breeds.
Quote:
Since you guess it was a pit bull maybe you should back up your assupmtion()assumption?with relevant facts.
Quote:
Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year. In 2010 there were 34 fatal dog attacks in the USA. More than 350,000 dog bite victims are seen in emergency rooms every year. Approximately 800,000 victims receive some form of medical attention annually. Based on data collected in the USA between 2001 and 2003, the CDC concluded that there were 4.5 million dog bite victims per year.

Nevertheless, only 16,000 victims per year receive money from homeowners insurance companies and renters insurance companies. This equals 0.004% of the victims - just 4 out of every 1,000. Although these insurers pay over $350 million to all victims, the average insurance payment for a dog bite case is only $18,750.
Quote:
In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R.
http://dogbitelaw.com/images/pdf/bre...sing-DBRFs.pdf

Quote:
The Clifton study of attacks from 1982 through 2006 produced similar results. According to Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes were responsible for 65% of the canine homicides that occurred during a period of 24 years in the USA
http://dogbitelaw.com/images/pdf/Dog...06_Clifton.pdf
Quote:
Other breeds were also responsible for homicides, but to a much lesser extent
Some more facts:
Quote:
Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite.

There are approximately 800,000 bites per year in the United States that require medical treatment.
Most of the victims are children, and most of them are bitten on the face.

Almost $165 million is spent treating dog bites and 70% of dog bites occur on the owner's property.

Dog bites result in approximately 44,000 facial injuries each year. This represents between 0.5% and 1.5% of all hospital emergency room visits. Male patients slightly outnumber females. Unfortunately children comprise 60% of the dog bite victims. Severe injuries occur almost exclusively in children less than 10 years of age. The face is the most frequent target (77% of all injures). Mail carriers are an exception where 97% involve the lower extremities. We see an unusual number of dreadful injuries each spring. Severely injured patients stay an average of 4.2 days in the hospital. Dog bites cause an average of 18 deaths a year.

Types of injuries

Dog bites can inflict Cuts and lacerations, abrasions, crushing wounds, punctures and fractured bones. These wounds can often result in disfiguring scars. The central target area for the face includes the lips, nose, and cheeks.

Dog bites are becoming more common because of the increase in dog ownership and interaction of people and dogs. Many owners are ignorant of proper care and training of dogs.

The vast majority of bites are by pet dogs and happen when people are engaged in social behavior in appropriate places. They generally (61%) occur close to dog's home or home of the bitten person. Typically (77%) injuries are by friendly dogs known to the bitten person. It is impossible to predict what might provoke a friendly dog to bite. They may be in pain, become panic stricken, feel threatened, or any number of factors. Children aged 5 or younger are more likely to provoke animals. Dog should never be left unattended with small children.

Hounds are less likely to injure than working or sporting breeds. Puppies are also more likely to injure than an adult dog.

There are social trends towards training and keeping dangerous animals by inexperienced owners. Aggressive guard dogs are trained for self protection. While any dog can bite, the top biting breeds include:

* Pit Bulls (originally bred to fight these are particularly deadly) and widely kept as "pets." Read More on these Deadly Dogs >>

Among the deadliest and most vicious of all dog breeds with killer instincts, originally bred to fight and kill other dogs, Pit Bulls are now widely popular as companion dogs, especially in American cities. Their popularly is strange given their homicidal history and aggressive in-bred traits, but that is seemingly part of the appeal. With its powerful jaws, thick skull and muscular legs the American Pit Bull Terrier (and related breeds) makes short work of children and adults it attacks often maiming them for life. The very name "pit bull" is used in our language to signify a singularly tenacious state of being.

This breed is variously cited as being responsible for nearly a third of all fatal dog attacks in the United States, in part due to its tenacity in a fight. Pit bulls cause one-third of dog-bite related fatalities while only make up less than 2% of the dog population. Because of the deaths, maulings and serious injuries inflicted by Pit Bulls, many countries worldwide ban these dogs altogether or require licenses for ownership of them. In response to many high profile maulings and fatal attacks by Pit Bulls, many US cities and towns have specifically targeted the breed with legislation restricting ownership and increasing penalties on owners for attacks made by their Pit Bulls. Pit Bulls are often responsible for attacking and killing other dog breeds as well as cats and small pets. Police officers often need to shoot and kill this breed in order to subdue it after attacks on humans or other animals in US cities. In recent years several owners of these dogs in the United States have been criminally prosecuted in homicide cases. Sadly, many of the owners of these deadly dogs do not possess insurance and the maimed victims go uncompensated. Apologists for these vicious dogs abound online, but facts are facts. These dogs have little or no business being pets in anyone's household they are simply too aggressive and dangerous.
Quote:
The increase in population of large dogs has resulted in an increased severity of bites. German shepherds were identified as the breed involved in 44% of all bite cases but accounted for only 22% of license registrations. Small purebred dogs accounted for less than 20% of bites but more than 40% of registrations. The pit bull terrier is a common cause of urban dog bite injuries in children. The major problem is that they are frequently (94%) unprovoked.
Quote:
Pit Bull Dog Attacks

Brief Facts about these Dangerous and Widely Banned Animals

In one study sponsored by the US Governement Centers For Disease Control it was reported that 32% of all dog related killings of human beings in the United States are caused by Pit Bulls attacks, yet Pit Bulls constitute only 2% of all dogs. 70% of those mauling deaths were of children.

According this large federal government study conducted over a 20 year period the Centers for Disease Control concluded that Attacks by pit bulls accounted for one third of the fatal dog attacks in the United States. This study also cited the disproportionate threat these dogs pose to children. Children, according to the study, are the most vulnerable victims in dog attacks, with those under the age of 14 accounting for 42 percent of all dog bite injuries. Most of the mauled victims are between the ages of five and nine.

The ownership of pit bulls should be opposed. This breed of dog is dangerous to children, adults, police and erodes community safety and order. These dogs should be banned and the public educated about the dangers these dogs pose. We can work to end the pit bull threat only by speaking out against them and their fanatical owners. Become active in your community and work on laws to ban pit bulls to protect our children and to promote a safe community for all.

Pit Bull, uswdkb42
Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 AM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo brizzle View Post
Haha! A grammar lesson from an idiot with spell check! He must be so proud to think he's schooled you, John! Fucking idiot...
spell check on a message board? is that what you do.
how about you go find a man and stop stalking me. you nasty tranny looking bitch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
Pit Bull, uswdkb42, yomoma50
Old 02-28-2012, 02:07 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Pit Bulls: Deadly Breed Most Responsible for Death and Maimings of Humans and Other Animals

On average about 27 people will be killed by a dog each year in the US, 19 of the homicide victims will be children under the age of 15. The dog that causes 3 out of 4 attacks on kids will be the "loving" family dog, such as the "friendly companion" pit bull with the wonderful disposition. Children attacked by these breeds are literally torn apart with horrifying injuries that are almost beyond words. Those that survive are often maimed for life.

Quote:
What accounts for the popularity of pit bulls?

The dogs fearsome image and reputation certainly seems to have a great deal to do with it. These dogs are particularly popular in the inner cities have become part of hip hop culture and style, leading many opponents of pit bull bans to cite racism as a possible motive for the proposed bans. But the dogs have made life for residents in these places more difficult, as the owners use them as tools of intimidation, or wield totally inadequate or no control over them, leading to bites, maulings and deaths in areas with enough social ills. Additionally a large subculture (recently exposured when NFL star quarterback Michael Vick was indicted for promoting dog fighting operations) has grown up around these dogs that enjoys the spectacle of dogs ripping each other apart. Fighting skill, power, cool, hipness of "Pits" are concepts that have engaged the popular imagination and led to the proliferation of Pit Bulls as pets in otherwise sane and healthy America. Many of these owners are unaware of the origins of their desire to own a pit bull, but the taste for such animals has its roots in the cultural debris of American Hip Hop.
Quote:
Owners are the Problem: True- They Are Crazy (Most of them)
Unfortunately pit bulls and related breeds have spread to middle class America where they are revered as family "pets," it seems that many of the owners are as tenacious as the dogs themselves as they enjoy defending their cherished animal against the vituperations in the press and the (until recently) mild ones such as those found on this web site. Indeed over the past five years we have received more ill will and hate filled emails from pit bull owners than we have actual dog bite victims (most emails to this site are from irate pit bull owners!). Although one case we received on this web site was a child mauled to death---by a pit bull. So the raving emails of the pit bull owners of these supposedly loving dogs reaches to a truly tragic level. I will say that a fair number of the less aggressive people sending email may be owners with a geniune affection for a pet- however the taste for such pets and violent defense of them is misplaced affection. These dogs are bred killers and have no place in a family home no matter how innocent or friendly a particular dog may seem. The experience of the United Kingdom mentioned below- a country of some 60 million people is instructive on this point.

That the owners of these dogs have alot of "issues" is evidenced by the volume and content of the email we get ( I have started to post a few examples at the bottom of this page). Although anecdotal we conclude from their own words to us on this site that a large number of these pit bull owners are people who have no qualifications to own any animal. In fact the majority of the hate filled email we received over the past five years was from a simple one sentence reference on this site to the fact that pit bulls are the most likely breed to bite. We have since researched the issue and expanded the commentary and information about the deadly nature of pit bulls on this site in direct response to the unremitting string of hate filled emails we get from misanthrope pit bull lovers, who we presume prefer to cuddle with butch and his spiked collar, rather than the 5 year old child in Chicago whose skull was crushed in the jaws of such a beast.

It would be merely tragic-comedy if these pit bull propagandists where ignored, but they are vocal in opposing legislation that would protect children from cruel deaths and they influence real world policy.
Ban Pit Bulls: More Laws Needed: Already Banned in England- When will US Policy Catch Up?

Quote:
More enlightened countries such as England have already acted against cultural trends that led to widespread private ownership of pit bulls, a phenomenon we now have entrenched in the US. The Dangerous Dogs Act has been law in the UK since 1991! The law was introduced in response to numerous high profile incidents of serious injury or death resulting from attacks by aggressive and uncontrolled dogs, usually on children. These incidents received heavy media attention, which resulted in widespread public outrage over the keeping of dangerous dogs such as Pit bulls and led to the legislative response through passage of the Act banning them.
Several breeds in particular were identified by the Act including those dogs identified as Pit Bull Terriers.
It is illegal to own any of these dogs in England and the UK including Pit Bulls without specific exemption from a court of law. The dogs that are privately held are required to be muzzled and kept on a leash in public, they must be registered and insured, neutered and receive microchip implants. The Act also bans the breeding and exchange of pit bulls. The numbers of dog attacks and serious incidents has dropped dramatically all across the UK. If only the US had such laws we could save countless lives of children!
Quote:
You may Contact us with your thoughts >>

We are particularly interested in hearing from Victims of pit bulls, or those in law enforcement.
Contact the Legal Service below.
http://www.dog-bite-law-center.com/pgs/form.html

Pit Bull, uswdkb42
Old 02-28-2012, 02:09 AM
kayo brizzle
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:452
Female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)