Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Dog Savages Champion Horse

Quote:
A £20,000 champion show pony has died after being savaged by a blood-thirsty dog that broke into her field.
Prized mare Nikita was left with her back left leg stripped to the bone in places and so badly injured that she was put down by a vet minutes after she was found.
The New Forest Thoroughbred had been chased round her eight-acre field before being dragged down by her ankle.

The 19-year-old veteran champion was discovered by her horrified owner Angie Cox, 51, around an hour later, covered in blood.
It is believed that the savage canine entered Nikita’s field in Tollard Royal, Wiltshire, after breaking loose from its owner on a nearby footpath.
Police have launched an investigation into the unusual attack and are calling for the dog’s owner, or any witnesses, to come forward.
Mrs Cox, a mother-of-two and an experienced horsewoman who runs riding holidays from her 30-acre farm, was almost physically sick when she found her mare.
‘We are absolutely devastated. She was a perfect pony, she behaved impeccably,’ she said.
‘Nikita is incredibly well known in the horse world - as soon as we turned up at a competition, you could see everyone go ‘wow’.
‘She absolutely loved it when the spotlight was on her at shows and she played to the crowd. She had been to hundreds of shows and always wiped the floor.
‘There was no way she could have survived her injuries - her leg was just hanging off and all the bone was showing.’
Ms Cox said she believes that Nikita was attacked by a large hunting dog on a mission.
She added that the hoof and paw prints in the mud show where the dog chased Nikita and finally brought her down.
Nikita won hundreds of red rosettes across the country and was ridden in Olympia, Horse of the Year show and the Royal International Show.
She was a ‘winning team’ with Mrs Cox’s daughter Clare, now 23, until the rider suffered a serious riding accident two years ago, shattering her pelvis and leg. The prized pony was put out to graze.
She was checked at 2pm on Saturday, but when Mrs Cox returned just one and a half hours later she found the horse in agony.
A neighbour heard deep dog barking and paw prints could be clearly made out around the field, which backs on to a 50ft wooded area next to a footpath.
The breed of dog, however, is still unknown.
Mrs Cox added: ‘I think the dog that has done this has done it before. It is clear it was a targeted attack to bring her down to the ground.
‘It breaks my heart to think how frightened she was, in full gallop, tearing around the field fighting for her life.
‘Somebody must know something about how this happened, she would have been clearly visible from the road.
‘It makes me sick to think someone left her in that state and pain to die.’
Nikita, described as ‘impeccably behaved’ and used to dogs has since been cremated.
Wiltshire police are now investigating the incident and are appealing for any witnesses to call officers on 101.
PC Martyn Day, Tisbury Community Beat Manager, said: ‘To find Nikita in such a state was extremely distressing for her owner and I would like to appeal for anyone who was in the area that day and saw anyone walking dogs or who witnessed the incident to contact me.’

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Brainplague, Cancun78, Dragonlady66, kayo brizzle, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head, SeaBolt, Sharon
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Re: Dog Savages Champion Horse

I notice the owner was more than happy to just disappear with his dog. I am guessing it was a pit bull type dog. Can't wait for someone to prove me wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
The Following 15 Users Disliked johnleeknoefler For This Post:
Billthegravedigger, BlueNosePit, booyah, dankboosh, DannyDrama, ebneter, grimekeepa, IC10021, Pit Bull, SeaGrave, Temptation, Trekka, uswdkb42, xstunt1ngx, yomoma50
Old 02-25-2012, 04:22 PM
kayo brizzle
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:451
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1437

Shit, that sucks. I think this was an extraordinary incident, regardless of the breed of dog. Some people treat dogs REALLY BAD.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61174

Normally back kicks of horses are sufficient enough for any attacking animal to lose the battle.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:228
male

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

yea like a german sheperd, rottie, dobie, or another breed of hunting dog couldnt do this.
@ john to assume a pit bull shows how ignorant you are. ppl like you are reasons why certain breeds get bad names and why the media plays to ppl like you.
bend over and slowly remove your head from your ass. thanks.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, IC10021, jordanalter95, Pit Bull, SeaGrave, uswdkb42, Vera Wang
Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 PM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
I notice the owner was more than happy to just disappear with his dog. I am guessing it was a pit bull type dog. Can't wait for someone to prove me wrong.
Quote:
Ms Cox said she believes that Nikita was attacked by a large hunting dog on a mission.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, IC10021, uswdkb42
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNosePit View Post
yea like a german sheperd, rottie, dobie, or another breed of hunting dog couldnt do this.
@ john to assume a pit bull shows how ignorant you are. ppl like you are reasons why certain breeds get bad names and why the media plays to ppl like you.
I was waiting for someone to prove me wrong. Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong point? I never assumed. I said I was guessing. That's not an assumption, if I say it's a guess. Remove your head from your own ass. Pit bulls have proved over and over that they will not stop once they want to make a kill.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
DonB, Flaka, Oswald2001
The Following 6 Users Disliked johnleeknoefler For This Post:
booyah, dankboosh, grimekeepa, Pit Bull, Temptation, uswdkb42
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Miss Cox saying that she believes it was a hunting dog does not prove it was a hunting dog. That is merely an opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Billthegravedigger, dankboosh, IC10021, Pit Bull, Temptation, uswdkb42
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 AM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:228
male

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

guess: to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully
2. to think, believe, or suppose

assume:to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate;

sine you seem to be a little slow let me help you. holy fuck youre stupid.
to guess and to assume are pretty much the same fuckin thing. i see you havent removed your head from your ass.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, dankboosh, Pit Bull, Temptation, uswdkb42
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNosePit View Post
I will tackle these one at a time:
German Shepherd:

Not a hunting dog. Notice the name? It's really easy. German: It's from Germany. Shepherd? It's for Sheep Herding. Shep-herd? .. Get it? Sheep Herd? I thought that should be easy but then... for the simple minded I suppose I should break it down for you. I'm already four sheets to the wind and I can see that.
I have owned a German Shepard, and they are great dogs. Loyal and great guardians. Not as easy to train as a Doberman but still very intelligent and have a good fur coat that makes them comfortable in cold weather.

Rottweiler:

Fail again. Rottweiler are not a hunting dog. They were also developed in Germany as HERDING dogs. They have been used as hunting dogs but are not so good and rate low as a hunting dog. Also they were used to pull carts for the butchers. That's why they are nicknamed the Butcher's dog. For a supposed dog lover you struck out twice on your first two tries.
I have trained a Rotteiler and they are not hard to train. The one I had was a bit slow in some ways but cooperative and would do her best to learn. (Not my dog but I was training for someone else. He didn't listen to my warnings and let her get loose and eventually she got in trouble and had to be put down. (long story)

Doberman Pinscher:

Fail again. Dobermans are not a hunting dog. They were bred for guarding instincts and make great guard dogs. They were originally more aggressive but this has been bred out for a more family oriented dog. This breed was also developed in Germany.
I once owned a very lovely Doberman female that trained very easily. Unfortunately she was stolen. Really loved that dog and I hope they at least gave her a good home.

So my question is: Since you know so little about dogs... should you even own one? Please follow your own advice.
Quote:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
kayo brizzle, Sharon, Zambini
booyah, dankboosh, IC10021, Temptation, uswdkb42, yomoma50