Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss953
Re: Dog May Be Put Down After Biting News Anchor On The Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
If I didn't like it I would not hurt the person. I would just hold still and grin and bear it or try to get away. I wouldn't tear a womans face off for being out of line. I've been in countries where no one spoke my language and even assaulted. I just got out of the way and let it go. I'm basically a non violent person. And as far as possible I try to refrain from violence. As far as possible... But there are limits. Someone getting too close to me is not considered a reason to tear their face off.
But you're a human, not a dog. The dog gave the anchor plenty of body language to let her know he was uncomfortable, but she didn't heed any of it. Dogs can't use facial expressions to let us know what they're feeling, they have body language all their own. If the bitch didn't know how to read/behave around a dog, she shouldn't have been put near one under stressful conditions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaGrave For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, kayo brizzle
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
That counts for all dogs as well right? Stupid dog that gets too close to people should be put down right? I'll keep this in mind.
What a dumb retort.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Actually Sharon, here in USA a dog pound is legally responsible for ALL dogs it gives out for adoption. They perform tests on the dog. If the dog bites a human who takes it's food away or pushes against it then it fails the test. They perform this test with food and other ways. If the dog fails in the least bit by growling or making other threat displays the dog is gassed. Killed. Just thought you might like to know that. The only dogs released to the public have been neutered, vaccinated and tested for aggression. They got sued too many times after giving up aggressive dogs.
Not saying every dog control center here in the USA does that... But it is more and more becoming standard practice.
The woman obviously made a mistake. She was lead to believe the dog was gentle and friendly and non aggressive. Obviously that's not the case. Should she deserve to get her face ripped off for making a mistake? Did the dogs owner warn her at any time? NO!. It's the owners responsibility. Owners of dangerous dogs make too big a deal of how THEIR dog would NEVER hurt a person. Then after their dog does hurt a person they start back tracking and adding disclaimers about how a person got too close or moved too fast and on and on. Why not just say ...My dog might bite you if you get too close... My dog shouldn't be touched unless she knows you very well..... Dont get too close to my dog.... Watch out... the dog bites... and stop with the lies about how the dog has never bit anyone and is not dangerous. ALL dogs are potentially dangerous and can and do bite. Warnings should always be given and understood. Not everyone is aware of the danger and the dog loving population is just as guilty for making all sorts of dishonest claims about their dogs. And even a little dog can cause great harm even if it's less common.
When I was a kid we had a dog that bit my cousin for no reason. My cousin was just walking up to our house in the country and for whatever unknown reason our dog just ran out and singled him out and bit his ankle. We were horrified as the dog had NEVER EVER bit a single person before. She got the crap kicked out of her and then paddled and she hid under our porch the rest of the day. We apologized to my cousin and his dad profusely. And we didn't tell him he must be an evil person as she LOVES all good people. I have heard people talk that crap too many times. "My dog just knows when someone is evil". Ya right. Seen too many news articles where some innocent person was savaged by an animal. At the end of the day dogs are wild animals and you never know when they will lash out unexpectedly. Just because they have been good all their lives is never an assurance that they will never hurt someone. Sure there are dogs that never have and never will. But you can't really be sure what's going on in a dogs' mind. And older dogs can change.
Another fucking sermon BORING.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
johnleeknoefler
Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:228
male

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

Quote:
If I didn't like it I would not hurt the person. I would just hold still and grin and bear it or try to get away. I wouldn't tear a womans face off for being out of line. I've been in countries where no one spoke my language and even assaulted. I just got out of the way and let it go. I'm basically a non violent person. And as far as possible I try to refrain from violence. As far as possible... But there are limits. Someone getting too close to me is not considered a reason to tear their face off.

bc youre a human being, not an animal w/ animal instincts.
for any animal its fight or flight if they feel threatened and obviously in this case the dog couldnt flee.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 02-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGrave View Post
But you're a human, not a dog. The dog gave the anchor plenty of body language to let her know he was uncomfortable, but she didn't heed any of it. Dogs can't use facial expressions to let us know what they're feeling, they have body language all their own. If the bitch didn't know how to read/behave around a dog, she shouldn't have been put near one under stressful conditions.
If you put any part of your body over a dogs neck you are being dominate, 99% of dogs accept this from there owners because they are obedient and know they are not in charge, now put a dog in a strange environment with a clapping audience and you decide you are going to dominate said dog then you deserve what you get for being fucking stupid, case closed I win.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGrave View Post
Did you hear anyone warn her? Who is responsible for a dog? The owner? The producer? Not everyone is aware of dangers. And humans are often not even good at reading HUMAN body langauge and even less of a dogs body langauge. She may not even be a dog owner. This guy just got this dog so even he did not know the dog. I never wanted to even have a dog if I didn't raise it from being a puppy. Taking on a full grown dog is a huge risk proportionate to the size and power of the dog. It's an unknown risk as well.
My Grandfather went to town one day a few months after his little dog was killed by a pit bull. He came back with some mixed breed dog that was full grown. The dog pound was very familiar with the dog since it was a frequent runaway and often in the pound. The previous owner just got tired of bailing his mutt out of hock and getting warnings about not keeping his dog in. So Grandpa takes on the mutt who the pound called Harley. (That was his actual name. So we stuck with it.) Should of been named Houdini cause it could get out of anything. It had a neck with loose flabby skin and could back right out of a collar. Grandma bought him a harness and he couldn't back out of it so one day when he was out of his harness he took it down from where Grandma kept it and chewed through the main strap. $50.00 bucks wasted for harness. As a guard dog he sucked a bit because he would bark at everything that moved as he was a city dog. At first he barked at me constantly until I finally got smart and fed him. In the end he cost over 11,000 in damages around the place. And he was constantly harrassing the neighbors. After Grandpa died Grandma moved to a small town to be near my aunt. Harley went with her and hated being indoors. He stole things from the neighbors and harrassed their dogs. Finally he got run over after escaping for the hundredth time. At least he never bit anyone but that was because we warned people to be careful not to mess with him. He got agitated if anyone tried to discipline him or scold him. It was a waste of effort to even yell at him for tearing stuff up. Not all dogs are trainable even.
Still, I can't see calling some woman a bitch for not knowing about dogs.
If I took you on my job and didn't tell you of all the dangers you most likely would be dead inside a week if we put you in the wrong place or if you got stupid and wandered into an automated area. Not all places have signes and you just know not to be where you are not assigned. That's why we have training. So who trained this woman? Who told her of the dangers? Where did she get her animal training? No one trained her? No one told her? There is no way a person can learn something or know something without either training or experience. She now has some experience. The hard way. And it didn't have to be that way. To castigate her and not the owner is just irrational and ignorant.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:228
male

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

the anchorwoman does a weekly feature on dogs and also on animals at the zoo. she is no animal novice. she she have known how to interact with strange animals since she has done it for years. thats why people are saying she is at fault.

btw...your grandpas little dog prolly derserved to be eaten for lunch by the other dog.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNosePit For This Useful Post:
johnleeknoefler
Old 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:89
Male.

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Hey John, the dog warned her, she just did not listen. Others have seen it as well as me, those that do not don't need this breed of dog, or any other dog for that matter.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
If you put any part of your body over a dogs neck you are being dominate, 99% of dogs accept this from there owners because they are obedient and know they are not in charge, now put a dog in a strange environment with a clapping audience and you decide you are going to dominate said dog then you deserve what you get for being fucking stupid, case closed I win.
Of course the anchor lady was told all this right? She was warned right? She had experience, right? No? No? and No?. And the owner warned her right? The owner and the producer are criminally negligent. It's even actionable if she chose to sue. Betting she won't try to sue. She has insurance and her lip has now been reattached. And she does want to keep her job. Hey you know what... instead of arguing with me over who was at fault why don't you email her and call her a stupid cunt, a bitch and any other hateful derogatory terms...? Maybe you can educate her.
Quote:
Robinson was cited with failure to have his dog on a leash – Max was off-leash when he fell into the pond – allowing his dog to bite, and failure to have a vaccinated dog. Robinson insisted that Max's vaccinations are up to date.

"Max is a gentle, loving, family dog," Robinson said. "This incident truly is unfortunate and does not reflect Max's disposition towards people."
Robinson doesn't seem to be living in reality either. And I do take it back that the dog is a stray. Apparently Robinson is the actual owner who let his dog off the leash.
Kyle's facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyle-D...wall&filter=12