Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Doctors Now ‘Firing’ Patients Who Reject Vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoney View Post
My girlfriend received the standard rubella vaccination as a kid. When she was 3 month pregnant she got infected with rubella giving her a miscarriage.. It's not as rare as you would think. If everyone stopped getting vaccinations the effort to eradicate these diseases in this country would be pointless.
This is exactly the point...... Diseases like this are rare because of people getting immunized.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_fucker View Post
No one should be forced! And yeah I do agree with some of what you say. At least you understand they are going to far with vaccines. Take care friend.
we quite agree on this one, vaccinations should always be a choice. so far they are. i recommend that ALL parents become informed before they give birth.

remember when Governor Perry and the state of Texas tried to make Gardasil a mandatory vaccination for all girls as young as nine years old? Thank God they failed! but not before many girls became ill, and some permanently injured, and one reported death.

The Following User Says Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
Pig_fucker
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
guess

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Pertusis is on the rise where I live. We have a high number of illegal aliens living in our city and state. Not all will seek the free vaccinations that their children can receive. Measles was a problem for a few years, I won't know if it is again until spring. These are vaccinations that I chose to stay on top of for my kids.

But it's not just about immigration, the fact is, the world has been made a smaller place by airline transportation. No disease can be eradicated in one country, or even five countries, it must be eradicated world wide.

You can be exposed to something in Africa or China on Tuesday, fly home on Friday sharing it with the passengers of an entire 747, get home on Saturday, and not have symptoms until Tuesday. Meanwhile you have reunited with all of your family, friends and coworkers with handshakes, big hugs, and kisses. So did everyone else on that airplane. Possible epidemic. Depending on the disease, pandemic.

Most vaccinations generally last about 10 years, (with boosters), they were designed to get a child through childhood. Before vaccinations, most mothers expected to lose some of their children. The child mortality rate was high. Like it or not, vaccinations, for the most part, have proved to be a blessing.

There is only one known eradication of a disease, smallpox. During my life I had five smallpox vaccinations; two during childhood, and three boosters while in the military. I'd love to think I'll never get it, but who knows. Pardon the pun. The World Health Organization stocks an unknown quantity of smallpox in two laboratories. One in the United States, and one in Russia.

Routine childhood smallpox vaccinations were discontinued in the U.S. 1972, worldwide by 1986. The military continued receiving them until 1990, and those deploying to the middle east and Korea still receive them.

Polio is reported to be eradicated in the United States, but children here are still routinely vaccinated with a killed virus form that comes in drops. The world is just too small to do otherwise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daughterofthenight For This Useful Post:
Softballmama13, Talysan
Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
guess

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
This is exactly the point...... Diseases like this are rare because of people getting immunized.
true, but as you can see, it's not impossible for someone who HAS been vaccinated to still acquire rubella, (German Measles).

this is true of ALL vaccinations. they are not perfect, and human bodies are capable of responding in different ways to the exact same batch of medication.

i think that all doctors would be wise to test young women of childbearing age routinely for rubella immunity. whether or not they are planning to conceive in the near future, the information is useful.