Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11449
Doctor Punches Heart Surgery Patient In Chest

Quote:
Video shows the top anaesthesiologist - who says he "got carried away" - hitting the man while he was strapped to a hospital bed.

Footage has emerged of a doctor punching a patient in the chest just after a heart bypass operation.

Highly-regarded Russian anaesthesiologist Dr Andrey Votyakov told investigators he was extremely tired after a 36-hour shift and grew angry when the patient started abusing him.

He is seen hitting the man in the face and striking his fist at his chest while he is strapped on to a bed.

The patient reportedly died later at the Federal Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery in Perm, a city in the Urals, although his death is not believed to be linked to the attack.

Dr Votyakov said: "As soon as I came into the room with my team he started to call me various derogative names. And I just got blown away by it.

"We had spent so much time with his very complicated case to help him recover and he said not a single word of gratitude.

"And then the chronic tiredness added to it. I got carried away, and I punched him several times."

Dr Votyakov said he was "very sorry" and has reportedly apologised to the patient's parents.

It happened in February and at the time the doctor was head of anaesthesiology and intensive care at the hospital.

He was sacked after the incident became public and it is being investigated by police.
Source

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Russian Doctor Beating Defenceless Heart Patient Who Died Soon After In Intensive Care.mp4(2.09 MB, 178 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GODREKR For This Useful Post:
blancadon, Darkest Angel, Faline, gatagato, Hobbslefthand, invertigo, Kanda444, Megamel29
Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Doctor Punches Heart Surgery Patient In Chest

Old 07-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20133 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373

fuckin asshole...

Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss914

Hypocritic Oaf!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Punching that guy in the chest was WAY over the line, but I can sympathize with him for the angry outburst. 36 hours is a long time to go without sleep

I had a Hospice patient for 4 months who required 24/7 care. My shift was 24 hours a day, 6 days a week for a crazy, paranoid Alzheimer's sufferer always trying to escape. By the end of that summer I was frazzled enough to punch a nun in the face for looking at me the wrong way.

blancadon, Darkest Angel, dcaccount22, gatagato, TwistedSisterr
Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5488

Dear "Highly-regarded" Russian anaesthesiologist Dr Andrey Votyakov, who told investigators you were extremely tired after a 36-hour shift and grew angry when the patient started abusing him, first of all, can you show me in the video where the FUCK started abusing you?
He was handcuffed&tied to the bed, same goes for his ankles, he barely could move the fingers and YOU are trying to say that HE abused YOU, (which was a good reason to try to kill HIM, according to you)?
Or just because of what he said? Seriously?
Andrey Votyakov, you dishonored this oath
Click image for larger version

Name:	HippocraticOath.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	586.8 KB
ID:	463513
and the punishment for it is to suffer the pain of hell.
This, by default.

But, BEFORE of it, according to russian penal code, you may face charges for Intentional Infliction of a Grave Injury, Article 111 of russian penal code. Plus, a temporary ban from public office, but since you did it in Perm, it will be a Perm-ban for sure. From 5 to 15 years in prison.
BUT if by disgrace, the on-going investigations will nail you with attempted murder, then everything is possible, even life imprisonment. You would have 1805 (and counting) inmates. One more, one less... The problem is not your mistake per se, it's the fact that it has gone viral, russians (and not only) dislike negative advertising so hardly your "Highly-regarded" ass can be saved (i mean, litterally).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Sturrminator, TwistedSisterr
Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 PM
McLovin510
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:789
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss627

Ah Russia!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Why was the patient strapped to the bed? Is that normal procedure?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:38 AM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:876
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531

"We had spent so much time with his very complicated case to help him recover and he said not a single word of gratitude."

Gratitude is irrelevant. As a Doctor, he should realize that it's not to be expected. I'm rarely if ever thanked, but the absence of praise never clouds my judgement. Although I admit times in which I could have reacted negatively, I never have because I'm a professional working with people in need, who may not always be in full control of their mental faculties.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, gatagato, Megamel29, TwistedSisterr
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5488

According to the last updated news, a causal link between the actions of the doctor and the death of the man has yet to be proved/disproved: the assessment will be more difficult as te patient died months ago and his body must be exhumated for the forensic analisys. The criminal investigation started according to the article that i mentioned yesterday, (111 of the criminal code) but refers to its part 4:
Quote:
4. Acts stipulated in the first, second, or third part of this Article, which have involved the death of the victim by negligence,
shall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of five to 15 years.
IF the causal link between the actions of the doctor and the death of the man will be disproved, then they would downgrade it according to the part 2/b:

Quote:
Intentional Infliction of a Grave Injury
b) with especial cruelty, mockery, or torture for the victim, and also in respect of a person who is known to the offender to be helpless;
which shall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of five to 12 years. So, not much difference between the two.
Yesterday, investigators seized the patient's history and other medical record at the center, the man will soon be questioned as a suspect.

Law enforcement officials say the official cause of death of the patient was "congestive heart failure", but it's still unclear whether forensic post-morten was carried out or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Megamel29