Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
DO NOT TEXT AND WALK INTO A MALL FOUNTAIN

ARTICLE I:

We've all been warned about the dangers of texting and driving, but for one woman, it turned out that texting while walking wasn’t a good idea.

Cathy Cruz Marrero was doing just that in the Berkshire Mall in Reading, Pa. when she suddenly tumbled headfirst into a water fountain, getting completely drenched.

It was caught by the mall's surveillance video system, then posted on YouTube, where it's been viewed almost 2 million times.

Cruz Marrero, 49, who works in the mall, has hired an attorney.

She wasn't hurt, "at least not physically," remarked "Early Show" co-anchor Chris Wragge.

But Cruz Marrero says what does hurt is "the humiliation (from the video having been put online). The humiliation. Ask my husband: I cried for days. … You don't know how many people are laughing at me."

Texting while walking, Cruz says, is "dangerous. … I could have been walking into a bus, a car, a ditch, anything. Texting and walking, take it from me, is dangerous. It really is."
She told the Reading Eagle, "I don't think security was professional because they didn't send anyone to check on me until 20 minutes later and I had already left."

On "The Early Show," Wragge and fellow co-anchors Erica Hill, Jeff Glor and Marysol Castro weighed in on the incident, which was shown repeatedly as they spoke:
<****** title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hPpzj4PjNjU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></******>

II. Cathy Cruz Marrero is now well-known for falling into a mall water fountain while walking and texting.
Since footage of her fall into the fountain in Reading, Pa. went viral, there have been indications Marrero might pursue legal action against the mall for leaking the surveillance footage.

But "The Early Show" has learned Marrero has recently been in court for a completely different reason: a status hearing on five felony charges -- including theft by deception and receiving stolen property.

In October 2009, the 49-year-old allegedly used a co-worker's credit card to buy $5,000 worth of merchandise. One of the stores cited in court documents, "Early Show" co-anchor Jeff Glor noted, is the one in which Marrero and the co-worker are both employed -- in the mall where Marrero fell in the fountain.

According to The Reading Eagle, in previous proceedings, $1,055 of those purchases was dismissed from the case.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098
Re: DO NOT TEXT AND WALK INTO A MALL FOUNTAIN

Years ago, I remember I was walking from the store, and noticed this attractive woman crossing in the street. She was wearing shorts, and seemingly doing all she could to show those splendid legs of hers. I kept my eyes on her right until the moment my noggin went smack into a utility pole.

I wonder if I should've sued her or the electric company?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Re: DO NOT TEXT AND WALK INTO A MALL FOUNTAIN

the municipality, becuase without the street, the pole would not have been there and she would not have been walking in said location.