Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27
Disabled Girl Accused Of Blasphemy

No pics with this story but still

Quote:
Pakistan police have arrested a young girl with Down's Syndrome accused by a mob of burning pages of the Koran.

Police said the girl, Rimsha, is a Christian and is in her teens, but activists say she is just 11 years old.

She was arrested on Thursday after hundreds of neighbours gathered outside her house in a poor outlying district of the capital, Islamabad.

She has been remanded in custody for 14 days while police investigate.

Some reports suggested the girl had been burning papers collected from the rubbish for cooking when someone entered her house and accused the family of burning pages inscribed with verses from the Koran.

A Pakistani police officer, Zabi Ullah, said: "About 500 to 600 people had gathered outside her house in Islamabad, and they were very emotional, angry and they might have harmed her if we had not quickly reacted.

"Some Muslims from the area claim the girl had burned pages of the Koran, and we are investigating. We have not reached any conclusion."

The country’s president Asif Ali Zardari has called on officials to explain the arrest.

There is a growing debate about religious intolerance in Pakistan, where strict anti-blasphemy laws make defaming Islam or desecrating the Koran punishable by death.

Zardari's government has been heavily criticised in the West for refusing to reform the anti-blasphemy law, despite the assassinations of a leading politician and a Christian cabinet minister in 2011.

Punjab governor Salman Taseer was assassinated in January 2011 and minorities minister Shahbaz Bhatti two months later for their opposition to the blasphemy law.

They had taken up the plight of a Christian mother sentenced to death for blasphemy in late 2010. She remains in prison.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:172
Male
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5672
Re: Disabled Girl Accused Of Blasphemy

What i want to know is did she in fact burn the koran???? That was never told to us in that article.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM
BryanXavier
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4792 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12961

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromancer555 View Post
What i want to know is did she in fact burn the koran???? That was never told to us in that article.
Think about that question. Who gives a fuck if she did. Let me rephrase that: Who with even an elementary-school education gives a fuck.

To answer your question - they don't know. Either it was trash or the Koran (trash of another sort)

johnleeknoefler, k_dub, luciddrmr, r0tten, slash4321, woodsetton
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 AM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1444
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Disgraceful, but can anyone say they'd expect anything less than a violent reaction?

Reminiscent (albeit on much smaller scale) of the violence that erupted after the Danish Cartoon fiasco, all because of the hurt feelings of Muslims.

Reminiscent of the Ayatollah Khomeini publically offering money, in his own name, for the murder of Salman Rushdie on account of the publication of the Satanic Verses.

It's an all too common occurrence of Muslims to respond with violence to such trivial matters, who take their divine authority from the rubbishy text in question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slash4321 For This Useful Post:
fletch, k_dub
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3653

I dont think you'll find a smart person amongst most people who believe in Islam.

Its is the un-educated and poor who believe in violence. Those who are smart and/or rich and believe in Islam either shy away from such things or fund terrorism and shia/sunni armies to create fear.

Islam is a mere tool for murder, like every religion has been throughout the ages.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 PM
King Herald
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:391
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1845

What a fucked up country, bunch of fuckin' savages!

The sort of shit them savages do is order gang rape to punish women for being seen in the wrong place, or showing too much ankle.

The Following User Says Thank You to King Herald For This Useful Post:
k_dub
Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

I'll burn a STACK of bibles... if they'll keep me warm for five minutes in january.

fletch, NeckKnifeWarrior
Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss61129

Quote:
Pakistan police have arrested a young girl with Down's Syndrome accused by a mob of burning pages of the Koran.

About 500 to 600 people had gathered outside her house in Islamabad, and they were very emotional, angry
that shows who the real mongs are.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:172
Male
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5672

It doesnt matter to me. I was just curious if she did or not. Regardless if she did or not its fucking stupid!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM
jmc015
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:18184
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Its funny that you mention that it is the uneducated and the poor that embrace Islam. Funny in the fact that you seem just as misguided. Islam doesn't teach violence. Its the same argument that guns kill people. Its the person behind it. Are there people who take what is taught in the religion and use it to kill or hurt others? Sure. Do humans have a tendency to do this with all sorts of other motivators i.e. political, familial, monetary, or psychotic? Sure. So why attack a religion that teaches peace? Concentrate your malice on the person, not the religion. Its the person who has made the decision to hurt or kill another.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmc015 For This Useful Post:
k_dub, Megamel29