Go Back  

Dirtbag Who Posted Video of Gay Roommate Gets Slap on Wrist! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 PM
alpha.first.one
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:670
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss808
Re: Dirtbag Who Posted Video of Gay Roommate Gets Slap on Wrist!

The mother is fucked in the head. Taylor's suicide had more to do with the 20 years he lived then with a moments kiss being embarasing. The mother had more to do with it than his roomate.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 AM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4794 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12964

I think it was a wise decision on the courts part. The boy killed himself from embarrassment. I am thinking of the the ramifications if it were a harsh sentence. It could be used as a precedent for other cases where people could be jailed for embarrassing others, even if they did not kill themselves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BryanXavier For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 AM
dean mclean
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:350
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115

I think what these students did is fucked up and cruel, but if they had done this to a straight kid and he had committed suicide, it would have been considered some kids pulling a stupid prank and suicidal kid overreacting to it. It seems like there was malicious intent based on the fact that he was gay, so its obviously not that innocent, but still...the fault is just as much with society for making this kid feel like being outed as gay was the worst thing in the world as it was with these kids for doing this. Yes they invaded his privacy and pulled an assholish prank, but if it was a straight kid he would probably be expecting to get "congrats on getting laid" from people instead of feeling embarassed and ashame.

tl:dr this wouldn't be considered anything more than a prank gone awry if homophobia wasn't so ingrained in society. its everyone's fault, not just these kids.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 AM
k_dub
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:285

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2893

What fucking creeper eww

The Following User Says Thank You to k_dub For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
Seriously, 10 years was too harsh. He didnt lay a hand on the kid, he killed himself. This whole case had me wondering what this nation was coming to. If someone kill themselves because you embarrassed them, you serve 10 years in prison? It seems people are scared to stand up for the heterosexual these days and this case seemed to make Ravi a huge example against gay bashing--even if there wasnt blatant evidence he was committing a "hate" crime.
Ok if I were to film you and send the footage around the place of you enjoying strap-on sex with a butch black woman, you'd be ok with it?

Not saying thats how you swing but its an example of sexual preference and it can be used against you via other people.

You lose jobs, your career can be ruined, you lose friends and you can embarass your entire family.

Thats the LEAST that cna happen, physical and verbal abuse can happen.

SO tell me son, do you really think it isn't a crime to do this to someone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
I think what these students did is fucked up and cruel, but if they had done this to a straight kid and he had committed suicide, it would have been considered some kids pulling a stupid prank and suicidal kid overreacting to it. It seems like there was malicious intent based on the fact that he was gay, so its obviously not that innocent, but still...the fault is just as much with society for making this kid feel like being outed as gay was the worst thing in the world as it was with these kids for doing this. Yes they invaded his privacy and pulled an assholish prank, but if it was a straight kid he would probably be expecting to get "congrats on getting laid" from people instead of feeling embarassed and ashame.

tl:dr this wouldn't be considered anything more than a prank gone awry if homophobia wasn't so ingrained in society. its everyone's fault, not just these kids.
I get what you're saying, but you can't hold society, as a whole, responsible in this case. They should have nailed the fucktard to the wall and made an example out of him.

Sometimes you have to just say fuck it and set a precedent.

Here was the perfect opportunity to do just that, and they pissed it away.

DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
I think it was a wise decision on the courts part. The boy killed himself from embarrassment. I am thinking of the the ramifications if it were a harsh sentence. It could be used as a precedent for other cases where people could be jailed for embarrassing others, even if they did not kill themselves.
I see what you are saying.
BUT, these schmucks deliberately filmed him and streamed it... it was still a Hate Crime to me.
Their futures should be destroyed. Sorry....the forfeited their rights as decent human beings after this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 04:29 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
I get what you're saying, but you can't hold society, as a whole, responsible in this case. They should have nailed the fucktard to the wall and made an example out of him.

Sometimes you have to just say fuck it and set a precedent.

Here was the perfect opportunity to do just that, and they pissed it away.
Yes! Make an example out of them. BOTH of them!

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:

One doesn't have to follow what everyone else does! It's like asking a kid who says someone told him to do something, "Would you jump off of a bridge if someone told you do?"

They know better! It would have made a great statement to the gay community to make this prick a poster boy for hate and homophilia!

What happened to, "If you don't like someone, don't talk to them." Lately, it's become, "Kill them, if they're different from you!" It's a sexual preference! I still say all the haters have gay people and pedophiles confused!

We don't like pedophiles!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:

Not true! Charges would have been severe for the killer is he was straight!

This piece of shit has his mind made up before he started! Ship him back to India!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK