Go Back  

Dirtbag Who Posted Video of Gay Roommate Gets Slap on Wrist! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 05-21-2012, 05:38 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Dirtbag Who Posted Video of Gay Roommate Gets Slap on Wrist!

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc1961e5" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=47505280&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc1961e5" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=47505280&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

This pisses me off BIG time! Ship him back to India in a crate with the animals in the baggage area. Maybe his family will get lucky and he'll get run over and left to rot by the side of rode! One can only hope! Smug piece of shit! The judge is wrong! This was a hate crime! Tyler wouldn't have liked his ugly smirk or face anyway! My heart goes out to Tyler's family.

A New Jersey judge on Monday sentenced a former Rutgers University student accused of using a webcam to spy on his gay roommate's love life to a 30-day probationary jail term.

Indian-born Dharun Ravi, 20, was facing up to 10 years in prison after being found guilty of bias intimidation and invasion of privacy in a case that exploded into the headlines when Ravi's roommate committed suicide. Ravi also was facing the possibility of deportation, but the judge recommended Monday that he be allowed to stay in the country.

Tyler Clementi, 18, jumped off the George Washington Bridge on Sept. 22, 2010, after finding out that Ravi saw him kissing another man and appeared to encourage others to watch his romantic encounters through a camera on his computer.

Parents of Indian-born Dharun Ravi, 20, react to his sentencing for charges of bias intimidation and invasion of privacy in a case that exploded into the headlines when Ravi's roommate committed suicide.

"This individual was not convicted of a hate crime, he was convicted of a bias crime, and there's a difference," Superior Court Judge Glenn Berman said.

"I say that because I do not believe he hated Tyler Clementi. He had no reason to," Berman said, adding that Ravi's crimes were committed out of "colossal insensitivity.”

"I heard this jury say, 'guilty' 288 times -- 24 questions, 12 jurors. That's the multiplication," Berman said. "I haven’t heard you apologize once."

Ravi's sentence also includes three years of probation, 300 hours of community service and a $10,000 fine. Prosecutors said they plan to appeal the sentence.

As Clementi's father, brother, and mother addressed the court, holding back tears at times, the image that emerged was of a "vulnerable" Tyler "shaken by the cold, criminal actions of his roommate.”

"Nobody other than Tyler understood how vulnerable he was," Tyler's father Joseph Clementi said. "We are seeking justice and accountability, not revenge."

The family spoke about their long-running ordeal as the media and several court hearings picked apart every detail of Tyler's last days.

"My world came crumbling apart in September 2010,” Tyler's mother Jane Clementi said, adding that Ravi had come to Rutgers with preconceived notions about her son.

Jane Clementi, the mother of the late Tyler Clementi, tears up at the sentencing of Dharun Ravi as she speaks of the "pain" and "anguish" she felt after her son committed suicide following the realization that Ravi, his roommate at the time, had spied on his romantic encounter with another man.

"He never really knew Tyler," she said, describing the day she helped her son move into his new room at Rutgers, when Ravi ignored Tyler.

"He could never have known the viper’s nest he was walking into,” Tyler's brother James Clementi told the court, adding that an apology from Ravi would now be empty and spoken without empathy.

"I love my brother and I will mourn for him every day for the rest of my life,” he said.

The court also heard a statement from "MB," the man who was watched via webcam as he kissed Clementi. MB described his emotional pain and a combination of embarrassment, emptiness and fear in the wake of Clementi's death and subsequent court proceedings.

"I do wonder if it has ever entered [Ravi's] mind that he has caused me a great deal of pain, and yet he knows nothing about me," MB's statement read.

Ravi did not wish to address the court, but both of his parents spoke, expressing their belief in the American justice system.

In her grief-stricken statement, which was often interrupted by tears and sobs, Dharun's mother Sabitha Ravi told the court his son's life and health have been devastated by the events that occurred over the past 20 months.

She said her son now only eats one meal a day, and has lost more than 25 pounds.

"He was absolutely devastated and broken into pieces,” Sabitha Ravi told the court, as she wiped away tears.

"Dharun’s dreams are shattered and he has been living in hell for the past 20 months," she added, hugging her son after finishing her statement.

Dharun Ravi also cried.

"Contrary to the false propaganda, we are not a homophobic family," Dharun's father Ravi Pazhani told the court. "Dharun was not raised to hate gays."

As the hearing began, the judge noted the court had received letters and petitions asking that Ravi be pardoned. Gay activists also made public pleas for leniency in recent days.

Ravi must report to Middlesex Adult Correctional Center on May 31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Dirtbag Who Posted Video of Gay Roommate Gets Slap on Wrist!

Seriously, 10 years was too harsh. He didnt lay a hand on the kid, he killed himself. This whole case had me wondering what this nation was coming to. If someone kill themselves because you embarrassed them, you serve 10 years in prison? It seems people are scared to stand up for the heterosexual these days and this case seemed to make Ravi a huge example against gay bashing--even if there wasnt blatant evidence he was committing a "hate" crime.

The Following 6 Users Disliked Brometheus For This Post:
banana dick, diamondsmiles, ebneter, Pyramid_Head, SeaGrave, Shelbeano ^-^
Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss37570

Send that filthy bastard back to india

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Parannoyed, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Ballerina
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:79
girl

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 7090 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12579

Send him back to India!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballerina For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles
Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 AM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

this pathetic "sentence" is an abomination.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, Pyramid_Head, SeaGrave
Old 05-22-2012, 03:03 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
Seriously, 10 years was too harsh. He didnt lay a hand on the kid, he killed himself. This whole case had me wondering what this nation was coming to. If someone kill themselves because you embarrassed them, you serve 10 years in prison? It seems people are scared to stand up for the heterosexual these days and this case seemed to make Ravi a huge example against gay bashing--even if there wasnt blatant evidence he was committing a "hate" crime.

This dirtbag had his mind made up when he met Tyler and his parents. He was very rude to them. I don't know why the school didn't move one of them out, so they were of no help either.

Gay bashing is a very real thing! If the guy had just come out, which I don't know that he did or didn't, there is alot of emotional and mental issues to deal with! Most gay people I've met are very kind and caring people.

The piece of shit targeted Tyler because of his own sexual insecurites. I hope he becomes somebody's bitch in jail and they put him in general population.

Did you hear the judge!? NOT once did he apologize or feel remorse? He only cried when his parents said what a good boy he was! Bullshit! He was a mean, self-centered person, nothing more than an animal trying to make fun of someone else to make himself feel better.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
banana dick, DeeMarieGK, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, Shelbeano ^-^, whoreofbabalon
The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
alpha.first.one
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

I was pretty shocked when I heard of this sentence. The motherfucker should be deported, at least.

rip Tyler,

diamondsmiles, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Azimuth:
alpha.first.one
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM
SeaGrave
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss953

Fucking cunt. No one is standing up for the hetero guy because he's a fucking prick!

The Following User Says Thank You to SeaGrave For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

30 fucking days.
Fucking disgusting. And the little bitch turned states evidence and is sitting like a fat rat. I hope they both rot. And get thrown out of school? That should happen too.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By DeeMarieGK:
alpha.first.one
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
This dirtbag had his mind made up when he met Tyler and his parents. He was very rude to them. I don't know why the school didn't move one of them out, so they were of no help either.

Gay bashing is a very real thing! If the guy had just come out, which I don't know that he did or didn't, there is alot of emotional and mental issues to deal with! Most gay people I've met are very kind and caring people.

The piece of shit targeted Tyler because of his own sexual insecurites. I hope he becomes somebody's bitch in jail and they put him in general population.

Did you hear the judge!? NOT once did he apologize or feel remorse? He only cried when his parents said what a good boy he was! Bullshit! He was a mean, self-centered person, nothing more than an animal trying to make fun of someone else to make himself feel better.
I almost threw up when I heard that judge explaining himself.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By DeeMarieGK:
alpha.first.one