Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Ding Dong the Bitch is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
No I wish I did, it's a Attila the stockbroker song, check it out so happy at the min, been waiting for this day for a long time. I don't think my celebration has gone down too well at work
Lot of people on about it on FB, saying they think those who are glad she's dead are dickheads etc etc.
People are entitled to their own opinions i say and i for one say it's no bloody loss!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, icheerthebull
Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM
richy_dong
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:318
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2432

What would we give for a Lady Thatcher today She had more guts and spine than all the so called Politicians of today who I am sure are Politicians for two things only one the money and two they would be useless at anything else
She will always stand high in my opinion for smashing Scargill who thought he was so good he could beat anyone including his own union She proved him wrong

RIP

The Following User Says Thank You to richy_dong For This Useful Post:
FredFlintstone
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
PTSD Is My Life
Offline:
Your Mothers Nightmare...
Poster Rank:302
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2617

She destroyed the whole coal industry and now we ship millions of tons of poor grade coal from China to run our Electrickery generating behemoths.... Why? because she refused to back down to the working man...she may have kept the Falklands but by christ she destroyed the whole of the NorthEast and vast swathes of the Valleys with her stubborn "Iron Lady" shite.
If those Pits had been in private (and therefore rich tories hands) and not owned by the goverment they would still be open. If not kept open they would never have been allowed to flood and make them too insecure for any future reopening.
She destroyed whole towns, caused poverty on an unprecedented scale and banned any reporting on it by the BBC and any TV reporter needing a pay packet (back then if you had one you sure as hell held onto it) was too fearful of the blacklisting the tory voting bosses would impose on them. Then there is the family break-ops whole towns without a single employer which was followed by unprecidented numbers of male adult suicides of men who had grafted all their lives and didnt know how to sit idle and their sons facing a lifetime of unemployment as they Conservatives continued to punish the area;s for being defient by not giving grants to new businesses wanting to open in these areas to take full advantage of the massive pool of fit healthy working class men.
It took a Japanese car maker to demand it be allowed to build their new factory there or they would take it to France or Belgium before the government caved in under international pressure (thats one thing the EU did help the area with.
The cruelest aspect of it all? It was predominately the Northern Regiments that fought the Japanese and as a result suffered in their concentration (death) camps and the ex-soldiers had to watch their children 25,000 strong stand in line and hope that the people they fought so hard to defeat would hand them a job at far less than their true worth and with no union at all allowed to protect them.
One of the top men from the company was eventually convinced not to carry out his plans of driving through the town in an open topped car to what he thought would be crowds of thankful men and women. WHY? Because he was still on the war crimes list and to parade so publicly in an area where the men of his age where his former victors and saw what had happened under his command would rather die 20 men deep to get to him than let him drive like the victor in their own town. It also went against the unofficial *cough* stay out of Europe Mr Rich Japanese Industrial families son and we will not arrest you for the war crimes you committed......sad, bad, times in deed I grew up in the North West and to travel across just 50 miles of country from what we thought where difficult economic times showed you what true horror the Blue Banner had done to this country.

Ironic thing was...there where (still are I hope) a small number of privately owned mines in the area and they had always struggled to survive within 4-5 years they where still small but doing good business a few where even bought up by miners conglomerates and they found there biggest customers where the railway preservation groups as good auld British coal was what they needed for their engines as the foreign shit was burning out the fire boxes... (hence why a lot of other countries used wood to fire their old choo choo twains... I hope one day to meet the old girl so I can have pleasent conversation with her whilst I piss on her feet.

Siegfried Sassoon

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PTSD Is My Life For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Faline, icheerthebull, max_spencer, rob666, Vera Wang, ZXY
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
mengala
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:382

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1893

The bitch basically collected a free paycheck all this time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mengala For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, max_spencer
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
PTSD Is My Life
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_dong View Post
What would we give for a Lady Thatcher today She had more guts and spine than all the so called Politicians of today who I am sure are Politicians for two things only one the money and two they would be useless at anything else
She will always stand high in my opinion for smashing Scargill who thought he was so good he could beat anyone including his own union She proved him wrong

RIP

Siegfried Sassoon

Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
PTSD Is My Life
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_dong View Post

RIP

You obviously never witnessed any of the above.......

There are other things that where done to keep the former miners out of work but I care not to debate it.

She was strong willed, had some good idea's but was so blinded by her stubbornness that she could never say OK I will agree to meet you in the middle that's all the miners ever wanted. To keep the mines open (we exported Millions of £'s of coal a year back then) and a 5-8% pay rise....

Siegfried Sassoon

The Following User Says Thank You to PTSD Is My Life For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

<****** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1bJbeeKBPCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
max_spencer
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
max_spencer
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:147
subduedrodomontade

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6572

Apparently the first thing Thatcher did when she got to Hell was close down 3 of the furnaces . . .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max_spencer For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Vera Wang
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Margaret Thatcher; born Grantham 13th October 1925, died London 8th April 2013.

Sadly missed Brighton 12th October 1984.