Go Back  

Did I Make It to the Liquor Store? Driver Asks After Plowing into Bus Stop@100 MPH. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Zaychik
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:9585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9
Did I Make It to the Liquor Store? Driver Asks After Plowing into Bus Stop@100 MPH.

Four people were killed and eight were injured Thursday morning after a speeding car plowed through a city bus stop.

The accident happened just before 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Decatur Boulevard and Spring Mountain Road.

The driver was among the injured and likely drunk, Las Vegas police Sgt. Richard Strader said.

"First responders said they smelled alcohol and he even said something to the effect that he had been drinking," he said.

The driver was hospitalized with severe injuries, including a collapsed lung and a broken back, Strader said. His blood will be tested to determine alcohol content and whether he'll face charges.

The other injured were taken to University Medical Center and Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, some with life-threatening injuries, Clark County spokesman Dan Kulin said.

A source familiar with the accident said that two of the dead were passengers in the car and that the vehicle was speeding more than 100 mph at the time of the crash.

Strader said that was the information from early in the investigation, but police now believe all of the dead were waiting at the bus stop.

Police spokeswoman officer Laura Meltzer said the information was fluid and could change as detectives investigate. Many victims were dismembered, and police were having difficulty determining the identities of victims, she said.

The car was traveling east on Spring Mountain at a very high rate of speed, he said. When the car hit a dip in the road, it bottomed out and went airborne, he said. The car then spun into the bus stop, striking an unknown number of people.

The intersection was shut down after the crash and will remain closed for several hours, he said.

"I don't want to be morbid, but there's a lot to clean up out here," he said.

Strader encouraged any witnesses to call the Fatal Detail at 828-3535.

Source- LVRJ
Las Vegas Sun

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
DSC_0086_t653.jpg  

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:356
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaychik View Post
"I don't want to be morbid, but there's a lot to clean up out here," he said.
Got that damn right.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834
Re: Did I Make It to the Liquor Store? Driver Asks After Plowing into Bus Stop@100 MP

After that statement, I want to see the pictures of the rest of the scene.