Poster Rank:402

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769
Re: Desperate Jobseeker Sets Himself Alight Outside Jobcentre in England

i know how he feels, i can barely get a job because of my disabilities, i have worked, tried holding them down. the hard thing here is studying to support yourself and knowing you'd be better of studying in prison - financially.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss51377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsedestroyer View Post
i'm so far right
Me and you both mate

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer
Old 07-01-2012, 01:15 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Smart move! Now he's burnt and cannot work!

He probably got a call the next day. You know how that goes.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Smart move! Now he's burnt and cannot work!

He probably got a call the next day. You know how that goes.
Like that dude that jumped off the Golden Gate bridge...if he stuck it out just a little longer, he would have gotten the job he wanted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Seven Of Nine
Old 07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss61145

wonder if someone taped all that

Old 07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Vera Wang
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1006
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss425

An ex colleague of mine was suddenly struck down with severe fatigue following caring for his mother who had dementia type conditions.

He's fucked after getting dressed, can't walk his dog, can't repair everyone's car like he used to, could only stay a couple of hours at his own son's wedding,can no longer read a book without falling asleep within minutes, and has lost his major love of outdoor pursuits (kayaking etc)

So he puts in a claim for Employment Support Allowance, but is declared fit for work by one of the Atos bonus chasers that fill out the faulty computerised health assessments . They inform him they are going to end his benefits or he can appeal and his benefits dropped by a third until the tribunal. So he has to wait 8 months for this appeal to be heard by a judge and doctor (tribunal panel). He also had to travel to another city to attend it, so his wife had to take time off work to get him there.

He wins the appeal, very easily. The tribunal panel accepted his evidence and submissions and apologised for making him wait so long.

The very next day a brown envelope drops through the door. It's a new claim form, which must be returned within the next 4 weeks. His wife fills it out and sends it off. 5 weeks later he gets another Atos medical to attend, same questions, same answers as before. He soon receives notice that he is fit for work and his benefits will end or reduced by a third until his new appeal date.

So he has to wait 5 months and finally gets back to tribunal, who promptly overrule DWP and Atos. This was 2 months ago.

A month later he receives a notice telling him that his entitlement to ESA has now run out after he received 365 days of support.... Yes, after paying in his taxes for over 40 years, his grand return was £67 per week for a year.

So he applies to get some pension credits, and sent it off.

Last friday he got another letter informing him he needs to attend yet another Atos medical... You can guess what's going to happen next.

Yup, everyone thinks the Tories are making headway into tackling scroungers, but this is pure propaganda. Actual benefit fraud equates to 0.3% of the benefits bill. Another 70% goes on OAPs, but as yet we can't bump off the retired.

This is spin, in its most evil form. Anyone who says their neighbours are on benefits and have Sky tv, foreign holidays etc, really needs to realise that they probably live next door to a criminal, because the reality is far different, and people are in severe hardship through genuine illness.

The kicker here is, because he's married, his wife must now support him totally, financially, pay the mortgage, buy his clothes, take time off to attend his many appointments with consultants, everything!

Can you imagine not even having a bit of money in your pocket to buy even a newspaper?

So they're now at such a point where the financial pressure is pushing them apart, and he's now starting to get very depressed, and this guy was the happiest fellow I ever met. He was a joker, a real good friend to all who knew him. But his life quality is reduced to zero and his marriage is suffering .

The benefits policy in England is a fucking joke, fuelled by fake news stories and media spin which is demonising real people.

Our taxes are paying for these "rinse and repeat" approaches to prevent people accessing what they're legally entitled to, and it's a waste that is running into 10's of millions.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
sarahowen662
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2507
Contributions: 6

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsedestroyer View Post
my friend has achondroplasia and hydrocephalus.
which means she can't wipe her own arse or dress herself, cook food or make a brew. the DWP with it's reforms now wants to check her out to see if she i capable of work. what a bunch of idiots, if she falls on the floor she cannot get up
the people who wrote the benefit reforms must of been high or retarded, their changes affect the most vunerable in society.

i think generations of people who existed on benefits should be steralised. i realise that's the road to facism, but i'm so far right i'd kill everyone and ride the bomb down waving my cowboy hat
My stepson has also been told his money is to stop. He signed on about 6 months ago and has about three interviews a week.... The trouble is, is that he has dyslexia, dyspraxia, global development delay and some other learning difficulties as well as suffering a stroke which left him with slurred speech, thus so far no one has hired him.
We are not able to claim disability allowance for him as he can make a ham sandwich and can dress himself (which according to dwp is all he needs to do to survive) although he needs constant reminding about brushing hair, teeth, bathing etc and he can't follow instructions/directions to say a job interview and has trouble timekeeping( we can't say ring us in half an hour etc, you have to be very specific with him)
He has a Level 3 btec in sport and leisure and level 2 in fitness instructing and yet no one is willing to give him the time of day, and needless to say, we cannot prove any discrimination against him...
My husband works 2 jobs and i now have to work a second job, as well as raising my 4 girls just to be able to support him until an employer gives him a chance....

Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Sandbwoy
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:445
Male

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1471

Having previously been on the dole myself (very briefly), I can say that it made me want to set myself on fire too

Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Seven Of Nine
Offline:
de-assimilated
Poster Rank:213
Female
Contributions: 4

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Wang View Post

Can you imagine not even having a bit of money in your pocket to buy even a newspaper?

Yes, I can. I've been unable to return to work since I became ill December 31st, 2011 so I've learned to spend not a single dime that was not paying a bill or my mortgage or putting food in the fridge. I don't have a wife (husband in my case) to help take care of me, at least he's got that! The thought of applying for financial aid has never even crossed my mind. I was pretty thrifty over the past decade and had some savings, those have all but dwindled which is why I've sold my home and am moving into a new smaller (much smaller) purchased home in two days, it's a sacrifice but I will be mortgage free.

I have to say, we all need to plan for the worst and then make the best out of things should the worst happen. That's all I've been able to do, I can't imagine having had to wait on decisions by people who don't know what I'm going through to know if I would be able to pay my bills or eat.

I wish your ex colleague the very best with all of his challenges. It's very sad indeed.