Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Deadly Shooting in Texas

Quote:
SPRING, Texas (AP) — A suspect in the slayings of six people, including four children, at a suburban Houston home has surrendered after a three-hour standoff with deputies.

The man had led a parade of almost two dozen deputy constables' patrol cars to a cul-de-sac in a northern Houston suburb shortly before 7 p.m. After hours of waiting and negotiations, the man emerged from his car, raised his hands and sank to his knees as deputies placed him under arrest.

No identity has been released.

Authorities say he's suspected of shooting and killing the six at the house in Spring. Only a wounded 15-year-old girl was left to identify the man and offer a clue to where he was headed.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

A man involved in a domestic dispute opened fire at a suburban Houston home Wednesday evening, killing six people, four of them children, and wounding one woman, authorities said.
View gallery
People stand with a law enforcement officer near the …
People stand with a law enforcement officer near the scene of a shooting Wednesday, July 9, 2014, in …

A standoff with the suspected gunman later ensued when deputies cornered him in a nearby cul-de-sac.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office issued a news release saying that precinct deputy constables were called to the house in the northern Houston suburb of Spring about 6 p.m. Wednesday and found two adults and three children dead. Another child later died at a hospital.

"It appears this stems from a domestic issue with a breakup in the family from what our witness has told us," Assistant Chief Deputy Constable Mark Herman of the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office told reporters.

Authorities did not release the victims' identities and did not say how they might be related to each other or the suspect.

The woman who survived identified the shooter and directed deputies to him.
View gallery
Law enforcement officers investigate the scene of a …
Law enforcement officers investigate the scene of a shooting Wednesday, July 9, 2014, in Spring, Tex …

Deputies were able to intercept, chase and corner the suspect in his vehicle in a cul-de-sac about 3 miles from the shooting scene, authorities said.

A line of about two dozen patrol cars followed the suspect vehicle to the end of the street shortly before 7 p.m. There, the suspect's boxed-in vehicle remained for hours. As darkness fell over the neighborhood, two armored trucks were brought in to block the car from behind and the front as negotiators began their work. Those talks continued for at least three hours without result.

Sheriff's Sgt. Thomas Gilliland described the man as in his 30s with a beard "and cool as a cucumber." He said that when he and other officers approached, the man was "just sitting in his car looking out at us."

Danna Stevens, 75, and her husband, Texas Stevens, live four doors down from the home where the shooting happened. Danna Stevens said she did not know her neighbors well and that they had moved into the subdivision about a year ago.
Fucking insane world we live in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
30564U, ousoonerchic
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss88611
Re: Deadly Shooting in Texas

Neph?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Fucking insane world we live in.
No shit. There's actually a dude living in Houston named Texas.

Srsly, tho? This guy is a genius. Got a decent life in the suburbs until it starts throwing you curveballs? Just go ahead and kill an entire family's worth of people. That'll make it aaaaaalllllll better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U, FunkPumpkin
Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

houston, we have a problem.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Too bad none of the kids had a gun...they could've stopped the guy dead in his tracks.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:23 AM
ousoonerchic
Offline:
Poster Rank:116
~♡♡Girly Girl♡♡~

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3437 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8652

Horrible

Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Turns out this dude was looking for his estranged wife, who wasn't at the hoise because it wasn't even her residence. One of the two adults killed was a sibling of hers, and the kids belonged to them. One of the kids survived.

I'd post a full article as an update, but I'm one my phone right now. Might check around teh interwebz when I get home later today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U, Pyramid_Head