Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916
Dad of 12 Year Old Sues Facebook Over Her Suggestive Photos 9/6/11

'Guilty of negligence'

As well as posting sexually explicit material, the girl also gave personal details including where she lived and the school she attended.

The writ lodged in Belfast High Court on Monday alleged that Facebook had been "guilty of negligence" and had created "a risk of sexual and physical harm" to the child.

The case could see the company facing a large compensation payout if it is successful.

Ms Carmichael explained that the girl was personally responsible for posting the images and continued posting on a new page after her father shut the original down.

As the 12-year-old was in the voluntary care of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust when the images were posted, the writ also names the trust as a defendant.

Child protection expert Jim Gamble said Facebook's age policy was difficult to check.

"Under-13s create a real problem because it is absolutely impossible in the current set of standards to be sure about the age of anyone because children will lie," he said.

He said this particular case would be interesting for a number of reasons.

"It is a complex set of relationships because, of course there is a duty of care for the company, a clear duty of care for parents and a clear duty of care for anyone in whose care a child is put," he said.

He added although Facebook had come "a long way", he did not believe its system worked as well as it could and said he would be following the case closely to see if the site and the trust were brought to account.

The BBC contacted Facebook but has not yet received a response.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14803664

Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008
Re: Dad of 12 Year Old Sues Facebook Over Her Suggestive Photos 9/6/11

well good for daddy! after all, why should her actions be her own responsibility or even his? i'm sure facebook sent her a message and said "prove your age by posing provakingly OR ELSE!" i suppose parents could monitor their childs activities on the internet but then again, is that their job? while we are at it, lets not just blame facebook, let's blame the police and the church for not stopping her and letting her do that. and the maker of the cell phone or camera too. and the computer maker. and her internet provider. and the maker of the clothes she was wearing. and the company who made the make up she was wearing. but let us never never blame the sweet innocent child or her father either.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TwistedPrincess For This Useful Post:
**butterflylove**, BrownRock, brushdaft, d23623d, Faline, Flaka, icheerthebull, JoeS1981, LissaMarie88, sassieroses, Sharon, TSUNAMII
Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPrincess View Post
well good for daddy! after all, why should her actions be her own responsibility or even his? i'm sure facebook sent her a message and said "prove your age by posing provakingly OR ELSE!" i suppose parents could monitor their childs activities on the internet but then again, is that their job? while we are at it, lets not just blame facebook, let's blame the police and the church for not stopping her and letting her do that. and the maker of the cell phone or camera too. and the computer maker. and her internet provider. and the maker of the clothes she was wearing. and the company who made the make up she was wearing. but let us never never blame the sweet innocent child or her father either.
Said everything i was thinking

Old 09-07-2011, 05:44 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Hear Hear! could not have said it better, though Im sure some on this site will still find a way to blame it on Islam and/or black people! I would like to know why this child was in care.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Gregore Mortis
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1160
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss333

Quote:
Of course, how does that make it profitable?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Daddy saw $$$

Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:968
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454

Does anybody know a link to the actual pics? I so have an amusing macro/demotivational poster in mind.
And yes,agree with everyone here that it is the Dad who is the Fail here.The net is not your child's babysitter.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 PM
LissaMarie88
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:972
Yo Moms

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss453

Quote:
RIGHT ON !

Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Australia Mate!
Poster Rank:238
I have a map of Tasmania

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3686