Go Back  

The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Isn't it a coincidence how the more your life is dependent on a drug or cure, the higher the price tag for it always is? I guess it's a coincidence, I mean of course drug companies wouldn't be in it just for the profits, they do it for their love of humanity, right? Lol.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Megamel29, TwistedSisterr
  #12  
Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM
TwistedSisterr's Avatar
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Join Date: Apr 2013
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Isn't it a coincidence how the more your life is dependent on a drug or cure, the higher the price tag for it always is? I guess it's a coincidence, I mean of course drug companies wouldn't be in it just for the profits, they do it for their love of humanity, right? Lol.
yeah, being in healthcare for 17 years, I know exactly what you mean.....

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Kelseecat65's Avatar
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Join Date: Mar 2013
Contributions: 29
 
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Isn't it a coincidence how the more your life is dependent on a drug or cure, the higher the price tag for it always is? I guess it's a coincidence, I mean of course drug companies wouldn't be in it just for the profits, they do it for their love of humanity, right? Lol.
It's beyond ridiculous. That is why there will NEVER be cures for big diseases....they rake in too much money for the drug companies.

My one medication I take (I take 9 different ones a day, plus and injection) is over $5,000 a month.
There is no fucking way that after almost 17 years on this same medication, that it should be that much. It has gone up thousands of dollars over those years. It's bullshit.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Nephilim
I'll bitch on piss you!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
azdesertsnake01, TwistedSisterr
  #14  
Old 04-04-2014, 12:18 PM
TwistedSisterr's Avatar
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Join Date: Apr 2013
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

I wish there would come a day that mankinds health and safety comes FIRST in this world, not politics or hidden agendas.... but I know its never going to happen I was born in the 70's and I think thats probably where I should have stayed lol all i want is peace and happiness

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 PM
invertigo's Avatar
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Join Date: Aug 2012
Contributions: 43
 
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
It's beyond ridiculous. That is why there will NEVER be cures for big diseases....they rake in too much money for the drug companies.

My one medication I take (I take 9 different ones a day, plus and injection) is over $5,000 a month.
There is no fucking way that after almost 17 years on this same medication, that it should be that much. It has gone up thousands of dollars over those years. It's bullshit.
That sounds awful
What are you treating for?

__________________
...i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
yeah, being in healthcare for 17 years, I know exactly what you mean.....
Yeah and I do feel for you. I can't imagine how it feels at times in the health care industry as a doctor, nurse, EMT, etc.

They must feel like they are getting hit from all directions. From the corrupt insurance system to patients that tell you to go fuck yourself when you're trying to save their lives or heal them.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
  #17  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
I wish there would come a day that mankinds health and safety comes FIRST in this world, not politics or hidden agendas.... but I know its never going to happen I was born in the 70's and I think thats probably where I should have stayed lol all i want is peace and happiness
Yeah, I asked my mother not long ago why she couldn't have had me either 100 years earlier or 100 years later. Lol.

100 years from now I believe shit will be better, but there is a WHOLE lot of pain coming down between now and then. In fact, nothing less than an entire paradigm shift is coming soon.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
  #18  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:21 PM
TwistedSisterr's Avatar
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Join Date: Apr 2013
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: The Cure for Hepatitis C is Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Yeah and I do feel for you. I can't imagine how it feels at times in the health care industry as a doctor, nurse, EMT, etc.

They must feel like they are getting hit from all directions. From the corrupt insurance system to patients that tell you to go fuck yourself when you're trying to save their lives or heal them.
lol yeah, try working in dialysis for 2 years.... that was the most hep c i have ever seen and it wasnt a far stretch from exposure.... blood squirts from fistulas and grafts on the patient.... open wound, or being a dummy and not using your ppe is high risk.....
hospice, same thing....
Its sad to see them suffer from it and the effects

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO