Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Creator of "Innocence of Muslims" Arrested

Man behind anti-Islam film arrested
By GREG RISLING

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The California man behind a crudely produced anti-Islamic video that has inflamed parts of the Middle East was arrested Thursday for violating terms of his probation, authorities said.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, has been on probation for a 2010 federal check fraud conviction that brought a 21-month prison sentence. Under terms of his probation, he was not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

Nakoula was taken into custody Thursday, said U.S. Attorney's spokesman Thomas Mrozek.

A U.S. District Court hearing was scheduled for Nakoula on Thursday afternoon. It was closed to media and the public.

Protests have erupted around the Middle East over a 14-minute trailer for the film "Innocence of Muslims" that depicts Prophet Muhammad as a womanizer, religious fraud and child molester. Though the trailer was posted to YouTube in July, the violence didn't break out until Sept. 11 and has spread since.

Nakoula, a Christian originally from Egypt, went into hiding after he was identified as the man behind the trailer.

The full story about Nakoula and the film still isn't known.

The movie was made last year by a man who called himself Sam Bacile. After the violence erupted, a man who identified himself as Bacile called media outlets including The Associated Press, took credit for the film and said it was meant to portray the truth about Muhammad and Islam, which he called a cancer.

The next day, the AP determined there was no Bacile and linked the identity to Nakoula, a former gas station owner with a drug conviction and a history of using aliases. Federal authorities later confirmed there was no Bacile and that Nakoula was behind the movie.

Before going into hiding, Nakoula acknowledged to the AP he was involved with the film, but said he only worked on logistics and management.

A film permit listed Media for Christ, a Los Angeles-area charity run by other Egyptian Christians, as the production company. Most of the film was made at the charity's headquarters. Steve Klein, an insurance agent in Hemet and outspoken Muslim critic, has said he was a consultant and promoter for the film.

The trailer still can be found on YouTube. The Obama administration asked Google, YouTube's parent, to take down the video but the company has refused, saying it did not violate its content standards.

Meantime, a number of actors and workers on the film have come forward to say they were duped. They say they were hired for a film titled "Desert Warrior" and there was no mention of Islam or Muhammad in the script. Those references were dubbed in after filming was completed.

Actress Cindy Lee Garcia has sued to get the trailer taken down, saying she was duped.
My personal opinion is that he should of been deported long ago because of his immigration violations. We have enough of our own miscreants. There's no reason to tolerate others coming here and breaking laws. Also I find it offensive that he creates a crappy film under false pretenses and then pretends to be an Israeli Jew. Want to make an anti Mohammed film? Then do it. But don't pretend it's something else and also pretend you are something else. It's gonna be real bad if they deport him back to Egypt.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
r0tten, slash4321
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:968
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: Creator of "Innocence of Muslims" Arrested

They're probably saving his life by arresting him.He can sit this out in a prison cell until the Extremists get offended by something else.I just hope no one dies from this inept crappy hate piece.There needs to be transgressive art that takes religion to task and asks the hard questions,but this shitty greenscreen mess is no Theo Van Gogh or Salman Rushdie level art.The actors were duped into what they thought was a film about 'Master George' and the references to Muhammed were dubbed in later.Sooner everyone forgets this sorry rubbish the better.I'm no fan of islam,but this is not the way to have a dialogue about its issues.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

I'd like to see the movie in English to see what all the Hub-Ub is about

Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

I hope this pos gets his. He's an instigator, a trouble making troll that cost ppl their lives.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
Bleeed.exe, FredFlintstone, gatagato, RangaRang, rob666
The Following Users Disliked This Post By AmericanIllusions:
ColbiasVolk
Old 09-29-2012, 02:46 AM
RangaRang
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:194

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4804

His name is out there now and he kind of bit his own shit here. I would hate to be him, but I agree, he's lucky he's arrested.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RangaRang For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, FredFlintstone, invertigo
Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 AM
ColbiasVolk
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1977
Beast

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss152

He did nothing wrong but make a shitty 100 budget movie. He caused no one to be killed the only killers are angry savages who can't comprehend reasoning.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColbiasVolk For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, r0tten
Old 09-29-2012, 07:33 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyfable View Post
it is such a piece of shit that i can't really understand why the muslims getting all pissy about this obscure piece of crap....

i dont know what's more stupid, believing in a god or getting angry over this shitty video
<****** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MAiOEV0v2RM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, Faline, gatagato, kellyhound, rob666, Seven Of Nine, Spitfire Dynamo
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM
MEMOR3X
Offline:
I'm Back
Poster Rank:615
Bloke

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
I hope this pos gets his. He's an instigator, a trouble making troll that cost ppl their lives.
No One Murdered Because Of This Image

Stop trying protect the savages of the Middle East. You don't kill people because of a fucking video

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MEMOR3X For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, invertigo, Seven Of Nine, Sharon, slash4321
Old 09-29-2012, 06:40 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:230
Male
Contributions: 26

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyfable View Post
You can't. The movie was only available for public viewing for a few hours and then withdrawn because of lack of interest. No one even showed up to see it. There is only the online trailer which is very crude and disjointed with no understandable plot line. It doesn't even rate as a b grade movie. It's a pathetic attempt by a very unskilled person.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 AM
RangaRang
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:194

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4804

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMOR3X View Post
No One Murdered Because Of This Image

Stop trying protect the savages of the Middle East. You don't kill people because of a fucking video
Does Ganesh have a pussy on her left boob, or is that just... augh, wtf.