Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585
The Crazy UK Squatters Rights Laws.

Jason Ruddick yesterday at the £10m north London property he now calls home.

A LATVIAN hitchhiked hundreds of miles to Britain after hearing how we have become a squatters' paradise - and is now putting his feet up in a £10million mansion.

Shameless Jason Ruddick, 21, took over the rambling property with a 30-strong mob of mostly Eastern Europeans he met through a squatters' advice website.

The once elegant Victorian house is now a pit, with rubbish strewn all over the place while wild parties keep neighbours awake at night.

Ruddick, who calls himself an artist, lived in a small two-bedroom flat in Latvia with his parents before hearing the UK was a soft touch for squatters because of legal protections. He confessed: "It was one of the reasons I came."

Yet despite enjoying the run of the six-bedroom, four bathroom house, the cheeky freeloader said: "We've got our eye on a bigger place.

"This place is a bit too small. I don't have space to relax."

The mansion, in Highgate, north London, was bought in July for nearly £10million but the owner left it empty pending renovations. However, the gang from countries including Lithuania, Romania, Hungary and Sweden moved in on Boxing Day - making it one of the UK's most expensive squats.

When builders arrived after Christmas they found a notice on the door invoking squatters' rights and warning that anyone who entered faced prosecution. The inside is now covered with graffiti and littered with empty cigarette packets, beer cans and wine bottles.

Lithuanian squatter "Ignas", 19, said: "I don't feel sorry for the owner. I think it's good some people can use the place and take care of it."

He said the party nights were "enjoyable", but complained: "This is like a mad house all the time. Sometimes you need your own space to relax. I myself would rather be in Lithuania."

The group got to know each other on an Advisory Service for Squatters website. Despite the squalor, the squatters have installed a laptop, music system and a coffee machine. They said the water and electricity was still connected and they even had wi-fi. A Lithuanian girl, "Zhypka", 19, said: "In Lithuania you can get a job but it's not well paid enough. It's better here."

A Romanian man admitted: "My mum doesn't know I'm squatting, and I don't have the heart to tell her." A woman neighbour said: "The place is overflowing with rubbish. There are parties every night. They're coming and going at all hours making a terrible racket.

"It used to be such a lovely area but it's lowered the tone."

It is understood the squatters have been issued with a court order for January 19. The owner is believed to own another exclusive property in nearby Cholmely Park. He was unavailable for comment. Philip Davies, Conservative MP for Shipley, said it was "completely unacceptable" that Britain was a squatters' haven. He said: "I put squatters in the same category as gypsies setting up illegal camps.

"The law needs to be toughened up to help people who own property to get rid of these parasites. The process for owners to kick people out needs to be streamlined so people can't lounge around in houses that aren't theirs." Former Tory MP and Daily Express columnist Ann Widdecombe said squatting was a "growing problem" which police needed to tackle. She said: "The police are far too ineffective when it comes to dealing with squatters. They either don't understand the law or they haven't got the will."

Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: The Crazy UK Squatters Rights Laws.

How fucking ridiculous

Old 01-25-2011, 09:12 AM
slimjim77
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1342
Animal

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270

Easy way to deal with squatters....... Squat with them. Get some not so nice mates and go set up your own "fightclub" seriously, so what if their makeshift beds have broken glass poured over them every night. So what if your psycho mate wants to starts fights with them every night......... So fucking what if one of them feels suicidal and takes a running jump outta the top floor window.... drug addicts have been known to do such things eh?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
slimjim77
Offline:
Animal

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270

Or failing that, just systematically buy some pesticide, post notice that the place will be fumigated on such and such date, then get your gear on and do it. Thats how you deal with cockroaches isn't it?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

There is no way on earth that these fucking scum would get away with desecrating any property that I owned, one way or another I would get my property back....I would starve the fuckers out!!!!!!.
They have to eat right?, so when one or two go for the fucking groceries they would be fucking told in no subtle way,"Get back inside or you fucking die", lets see what hunger does for their Eastern European asses.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Jere
Offline:
blow me
Poster Rank:69
pillager

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

similar laws here
good post steve

Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
slimjim77
Offline:
Animal

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270

I've been thinking about this all day and I have the solution I think. First, you bolt notices to the house stating that house is unsafe due to ongoing building work..... next you just go in there and cut the RSJ out.......... Next time they have a "boom boom " party they all perish......... even better claim in on the insurance.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim77 View Post
I've been thinking about this all day and I have the solution I think. First, you bolt notices to the house stating that house is unsafe due to ongoing building work..... next you just go in there and cut the RSJ out.......... Next time they have a "boom boom " party they all perish......... even better claim in on the insurance.
Yes but according to our crazy laws you can be arrested just by entering the grounds of the house, in other words entering you're own driveway?, are you fucking kidding me?, the clue is in you're OWN driveway, Labour can kiss my ass with it's human rights bill.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
slimjim77
Offline:
Animal

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270

That I didn't know................ Why can't you squat there with them? I don't understand how you could be arrested for deciding to squat with the squatters........ Fuck the law though I'd roll up with a hammer and some nails, do some real life human performance art, they'd probably give ya alottery grant or something if you worded the application correctly.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 PM
souris
Offline:
SpanMan!
Poster Rank:105
guy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9517