Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223
Re: Crane Collapse at Mecca's Masjid al-Haram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
I don't believe it was anything but human error that the crane collapsed.

However, it does give people who are fed up and have no recourse some kind of satisfaction.

Face it. we have no recourse. Subsequent wars have done absolutely nothing to stop radical Islam or the general Islamization of the west.
You do have recourse, it just requires organisation; i.e. more work than berating Muslims on the internet. That's not directed at you but at all of us.

I doubt many people in the Middle East will have much sympathy with western claims of "Islamisation" when we've been stealing their resources and denying them the right to choose their own leadership for decades.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan-b For This Useful Post:
Pink., rob666
Old 09-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
You do have recourse, it just requires organisation; i.e. more work than berating Muslims on the internet. That's not directed at you but at all of us.

I doubt many people in the Middle East will have much sympathy with western claims of "Islamisation" when we've been stealing their resources and denying them the right to choose their own leadership for decades.
The Western World has paid dearly for their resources, and they have profited greatly.

It is no different than it is here when you consider the "haves and have nots". It is apparent in not only their "royalty" and leaders, but in their infastructure. Can you think of any oil rich Arab country (or Persian when it comes to Iran) that doesnt have advanced infastructure? when we paid for their resources, they got PLENTY in return. Ii many cases their infastructure is much more advanced and certainly better maintained that that of the USA. ... and their MODEL CITIES.

The media likes to show the poor peasant refugees, but all of those people are not as destitute as they would like for us to believe.
I am not saying that all of them are not in need because they are. Horrific things have happened, but before it is over, something horrific is going to have to happen here....be it the UK US or Western europe....before people are willing to try to organise and do something.

Oswald2001
Old 09-12-2015, 06:39 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4574 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11710

Quote:
I love how so many people fail to see their own hypocrisy. Bin Laden claimed civilians in western democracies were fair targets because they voted for their leadership. Does anyone take that claim seriously? I don't. But a crane falling on some people who happen to live in the country from which the 9/11 hijackers emerged is 'karma'.

Speaking of karma; is this not just another silly superstition like a fatherless man rising from the dead and ascending to heaven or circling a huge box anti-clockwise?
I love how some assume everyone thinks as a collective hive, or should.

Pink.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:49 AM
dan-b
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:207

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223

If by "paid dearly" you mean embark on wars of choice taken for economic and strategic reasons, veiled behind publicly stated but transparently false claims about "freedom and democracy" then I agree.

The west is virtually immune to "terrorism" and yet people living in the west are so heavily indoctrinated that they accept their governments' right to murder people in distant lands as easily as they breathe air.

Persia/Iran? That has an interesting history to which most are oblivious. There were ugly precursors to the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and it doesn't reflect well on the west.

Until we rise to minimal levels of honesty, I won't take people's concerns about refugees, "Islamisation" and "terrorism" seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to dan-b For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
If by "paid dearly" you mean embark on wars of choice taken for economic and strategic reasons, veiled behind publicly stated but transparently false claims about "freedom and democracy" then I agree.

The west is virtually immune to "terrorism" and yet people living in the west are so heavily indoctrinated that they accept their governments' right to murder people in distant lands as easily as they breathe air.

Persia/Iran? That has an interesting history to which most are oblivious. There were ugly precursors to the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and it doesn't reflect well on the west.

Until we rise to minimal levels of honesty, I won't take people's concerns about refugees, "Islamisation" and "terrorism" seriously.
immune to terrorism......With all due respect, and I dont want to go into details here, but BULLSHIT. I see it, not on a daily basis, but at least three or four times a month, personally.

I really dont get what makes you think that we are oblivious to the history of Iran? With all due respect, you are making wide assumptionms. I had relatives living on expat compounds and working there.

Islamization: well THAT depends on the competency of everyones lawmakers...ie congress, parliament, etc). If our leaders are so inept as to let our laws go by the wayside and whole communities to live under some foreign law, we deserve what we get for electing them.

terrorism(which is going to bite a lot of people in the ass and HARD). We have threats and foiled plots on a daily basis. Just because the media doesn't always cover it doesnt mean it isnt happening. (besides, the media is too preoccupied with Donald Trump, the NFL, and blackLivesMatter to even think about terror threats daily unless there is a MAJOR bloodbath. They LOVE disasters!) I personally see some of it every time a base I happen to be working on gets locked down and a real arrest is made...or my husband gets a call and I dont see him for days at a time....

Old 09-12-2015, 07:19 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11710

I'm sure what doesn't reflect well, is a third party host, which not every American realizes exist. But what can the common couch potato do, when they're indoctrinate patriotism is exploited.

Even when patriotism is low, shitty economy gets people off the couch and into the field, too.

dan-b, Pink.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I'm sure what doesn't reflect well, is a third party host, which not every American realizes exist. But what can the common couch potato do, when they're indoctrinate patriotism is exploited.

Even when patriotism is low, shitty economy gets people off the couch and into the field, too.
We can stop the DUMBING DOWN of the West in general. Educate ourselves. Keep some standards.

Sharon
Old 09-12-2015, 07:34 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11710

Quote:
We can stop the DUMBING DOWN of the West in general. Educate ourselves. Keep some standards.
Americans (and many Europeans) are busy in social muddles. The people are on a cultural brain buster, and adjusting to the cultural Marxism, to even know who is fighting who, and why.

The broad stroke Dan is making, is assuming average Americans even know where Iran even is, most don't.

They can tell you they seen a gay man slinging a dildo around publicly though. Or they can complain about Miley Cyrus' latest labia slip- who knows.

They can stick their faces in FB, YT, or become brain casseroled 14 hours strait of online gaming.

Can they be held accountable for the game of "who's sleeping in who's bed, in the middle east" not rightly so. Should Europeans? not really, they suffer the same filtering system we do.

dan-b, Pink.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Americans (and many Europeans) are busy in social muddles. The people are on a cultural brain buster, and adjusting to the cultural Marxism, to even know who is fighting who, and why.

The broad stroke Dan is making, is assuming average Americans even know where Iran even is, most don't.

They can tell you they seen a gay man slinging a dildo around publicly though. Or they can complain about Miley Cyrus' latest labia slip- who knows.

They can stick their faces in FB, YT, or become brain casseroled 14 hours strait of online gaming.

Can they be held accountable for the game of "who's sleeping in who's bed, in the middle east" not rightly so. Should Europeans? not really, they suffer the same filtering system we do.
But everupne should on some level be aware of the overall situation regarding their countries. Its downright stupid to be so BLITHERING!

If Obama werent "controversial" most of the fools wouldnt even know who he is. I doubt they know their congressmen

Oswald2001
Old 09-12-2015, 07:45 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11710

Quote:
But everupne should on some level be aware of the overall situation regarding their countries. Its downright stupid to be so BLITHERING!

If Obama werent "controversial" most of the fools wouldnt even know who he is. I doubt they know their congressmen
I am quite sure they don't.

But that is how the govt. wants it. If people knew any amount of history about the middle east, they would feel betrayed themselves. Could cause an up-roar here on home-soil In my opinion.

The ones even against wars, assume its those pesky greedy people wanting oil......noting else, just oil.