Male

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1903
Craig Slee Jailed for Posting Beheading Videos on Facebook

A "total fantasist" who posted gruesome videos on Facebook of al-Qaeda beheading captives has been jailed for five years.

Craig Slee, 42, of Trawden Crescent, Preston, pleaded guilty to four offences under the 2006 Terrorism Act.

Slee also admitted possession of a prohibited weapon.

On sentencing him at Preston Crown Court, Judge Anthony Russell QC said the videos Slee uploaded revealed "shocking and barbaric depravity".

'Perverted of minds'
Slee also put online links to a communique by al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), claiming those from the west were "Crusaders" and encouraging terrorism.

Judge Anthony Russell QC said: "It beggars belief that anyone can have an interest in such material which reveals a shocking and barbaric depravity and complete absence of any degree of humanity.

Det Ch Supt Tony MoleNorth West Counter Terrorism Unit

"There is no doubt that this and the other videos have been created in order to encourage people to rally to the terrorist cause, however difficult it is to comprehend that such material would have that result except for the most perverted of minds."

The court heard, Slee created a false identity and set up a Facebook page - using the alter-ego Hashim X Shakur - and created another account called FB Mujahideen.

On his Hashim X Shakur Facebook account, Slee claimed to be a Muslim and provided personal information about himself, the majority of which was false.

He later told police he did this in order to make him sound more interesting.

He also engaged in Facebook chat with other people and kept up his pretence of his alter-ego, claiming he had been on trips to Jalalabad, had suffered shrapnel injuries and inferred he was a member of the Taliban, said police.

'No terrorist links'
However, the court heard Slee has no connection to the Taliban, Al-Qaeda or any other terrorist network or organisation.

Following his arrest on 25 July, 2011 in Windermere, Cumbria, officers also recovered a can of CS gas from an address in Preston linked to Slee.

Det Ch Supt Tony Mole, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, said: "It is clear that Slee was a total fantasist.

"He had no links whatsoever to any terrorist organisations, was not a radical convert and there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest he engaged in any attack planning."

"While Slee may not have been planning any sort of attack, he could easily have influenced someone else with the propaganda he was uploading."

Azimuth, BryanXavier, Faline, gatagato, icheerthebull, Kanda444, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Craig Slee Jailed for Posting Beheading Videos on Facebook

welcome to 1984

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
AmericanIllusions, Creepy, gatagato, JayceeBugg, K9Grip, kellyhound, maxie526, Wage
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM
petedeamon
Offline:
Poster Rank:377
yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

That judge should take a gander at his docket...

Old 01-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

So after reading that, I have learned I have a perverted mind.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, peema, viljoencp
Old 01-19-2013, 03:04 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

I'm not a huge fan of beheading vids, a bit too much for me, but this is bullshit. You know damn well that the detective in the counter terrorism unit is probably a big fan of beheading vids. Just because he watches most of them, for the first time, for 'work' does that mean he's not perverted?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61135

what isn't a terroristic act these days ffs.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
what isn't a terroristic act these days ffs.
thats so true. Who here didnt make home made fireworks when they were a kid? well that would get you 15 years now. Christ you can remove a drain pipe and use it to make a mortar BAN DRAIN PIPES!!! the problem is alot of people buy into the 'fighting terrorism' line and happily give up their freedom for the illiusion of saftey/security. Until its your door they kick in, until its you sitting in a cell with no trial (and in most cases today not even aware of what you are accused of). The same powers and laws you give the state to fight your 'enemys' are the same laws they would use aginst you should they choose. Take the laws Thatcher passed to fight football hooligans, they are now used to stop peacfull protests!

We belittle china for internet cencorship while the state seeks powers to close social media sites in times of social unrest, we cry when disidents are arrested in china while we have people in jail for making (granted inappropriate) jokes on twitter or slightly delaying the posh boys boat race. Being given slightly more leeway than the next man/woman does not equate to freedom.

The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Wage
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3653

I like how people in this thread dont get the picture at all, probably because its DR, hell I've watched my share of beheadings but I prefer Mexico beheadings for one reason, they're not terrorists, its merely business.

Terrorists beheading civilians? Its a political game, the more you publish the more acceptable it becomes.

No, it isn't acceptable and it shouldn't be made acceptable just because a few fairies on here like them. You watch them for gore yes but lots of others, including western muslims see this and idolise them.

See the big picture yet?

There was a big reason why the Bush administration bombed al jazeera, they promoted terrorism by showing its true "glorious" face. The face of a civilian about to be cut up like a sheep.

Please feel free to "fuck off" this post if you're too much of an idiot to not see the BIG picture.

The Following 3 Users Disliked ices For This Post:
AmericanIllusions, maxie526, Wage
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

it's you who cant see the bigger picture. The only comments on here with regard to beheading have been against it (apart from you). You realise that in court you being on this site would be described something like this

'people of the jury I would also like to draw your attention to ices internet habits. Ices frequents sites such as documenting reality, a site containg terrorist propaganda material including behadings and suicide bombings. The defendent has a unhealthy intrest in violent material. I point you to one post from the defendant "I prefer Mexico beheadings"....'

your enjoyment or lack of means nothing. The mear fact you click on a thread would be enough for the state to justify kicking in your front door. You have missed the point but I doubt you will ever see it anyway

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, maxie526, Sturrminator, Wage
The Following Users Disliked This Post By icheerthebull:
AmericanIllusions
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3653

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
it's you who cant see the bigger picture. The only comments on here with regard to beheading have been against it (apart from you). You realise that in court you being on this site would be described something like this

'people of the jury I would also like to draw your attention to ices internet habits. Ices frequents sites such as documenting reality, a site containg terrorist propaganda material including behadings and suicide bombings. The defendent has a unhealthy intrest in violent material. I point you to one post from the defendant "I prefer Mexico beheadings"....'

your enjoyment or lack of means nothing. The mear fact you click on a thread would be enough for the state to justify kicking in your front door. You have missed the point but I doubt you will ever see it anyway

Paranoia at its best!

1: I'm not guy who is seen as a threat to society, the government or the USA.

Those are 3 things that are red flags these days, even so, I'd like to point out that prefer does not mean enjoy, go get a dictionary.

Taking what I said out of context is hilarious, it was so bad that I just dont know what to put when all I can say is, "try harder".

As I have learned, those who deviate from an argument have lost it already. My comings and goings is relevant to the point I put across because?

Political beheadings being aired on facebook or any media outlet should be suppressed, Mexico beheadings? As far as I can tell they do it for business, not some allah snackbar sky fairy.

The Following 3 Users Disliked ices For This Post:
AmericanIllusions, maxie526, Wage