Female

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12352
Re: It Could Have Been a Child, Say Pet Show Volunteers

If you're going to own an aggressive type dog, then you need to be responsible. At one time I had 4 chow chows.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shawna For This Useful Post:
Brainplague
Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainplague View Post
No need to be so nasty, John. Perhaps my original post was badly worded. It just appeared to be that the dog posts from you have always been about aggressive dogs.

Thank you for your answer, and I agree with you. Dog owners should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs.

Now if we could only develop a license for having children. But that's a subject for another post.
Quote:
No need to be so nasty, John.
How was I nasty? You stated that my posts are always about bad dogs. That's not true at all. I have met many sweet dogs. They are not a problem. If you want to say "always" you are just flat out wrong. Either you are wrong because you are ignorant or have been misinformed by some liar or you are lying yourself. I prefer to think that you allow yourself to speak hyperboli rather than be factual and straightforward. Just ask my why I posted a thread about a bad dog. I can answer that I think dangerous dogs are a social problem and a menace and the law needs to be inforced against irresponsible owners to the fullest extent. Bad owners should be banned from owning dogs. I hear it all the time that there are no bad dogs. Just bad owners.. So then where are these bad owners. Will even one step forward? Anyone? We have known pedephiles who are barred from being near children. Why not known Bad Dog Owners? With prohibitions? Hmm? Guns at least are known to be dangerous to all but fools. There are people prohibited from owning guns.. Why not dogs? That's the whole message. Responsibility. If you missed that and had to ask I am sorry I never made that clear. To me it could not be clearer.
Look at all my posts. I have posted about good dogs in the past. But you never bothered to look it up before accusing me of "Always" posting and only posting about bad dogs. Not my fault you are making erroneous accusations. And now I am bad for defending myself? I'm not a nasty person. I just don't take any foolishness with false accusations. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. After all if you are merely ignorant you have only yourself to blame and can easily remedy the situation in a moment. There are tools here to look up all my threads I have posted. I hope you enjoy them. Some of my threads I think are very well made. Many are controversial and it was for just that reason that I posted them. And some are very nice. And some.... are about nice dogs. Enjoy.

Quote:
Perhaps my original post was badly worded
Not at all. You posted exactly what you were thinking and I understood you perfectly. No mistake there.
Quote:
It just appeared to be that the dog posts from you have always been about aggressive dogs
See? You said it right. You think I always post only about bad doggies. Not true at all. Maybe that's what you were looking for so that's what you noticed?
Quote:
Thank you for your answer, and I agree with you. Dog owners should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs.
I agree. And the law should be applied just as it would be if they were handling a dangerous weapon. Or performed the act themselves. A dog kills a person and the owner didn't mean it to happen it's negligent homicide. A dog kills a person and the owner is present and provokes the dog to do the deed it's not much different than firing a gun.
If a dog's owner accidently lets his dog kill someone it's manslaughter. So on and so forth. Dog owners have been getting away with murder for years. And constantly we hear it's the owner not the dog. Sure enough. So prosecute the owner.
Quote:
Now if we could only develop a license for having children. But that's a subject for another post
A very long post I am sure. Very controversial.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Brainplague
Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Brainplague
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:246
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3529

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
I agree. And the law should be applied just as it would be if they were handling a dangerous weapon. Or performed the act themselves. A dog kills a person and the owner didn't mean it to happen it's negligent homicide. A dog kills a person and the owner is present and provokes the dog to do the deed it's not much different than firing a gun.
If a dog's owner accidently lets his dog kill someone it's manslaughter. So on and so forth. Dog owners have been getting away with murder for years. And constantly we hear it's the owner not the dog. Sure enough. So prosecute the owner.
Agreed, 100%

People also forget, or don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, is that sometimes individual dogs are born "game".

In all my 20+ years as a dog woman, I have had only one bull terrier who was game. Marty, as a 6 month old pup, tried to attack a woman who came on to our property uninvited. I immediately neutered Marty and started obedience training and socializing. Marty ended up becoming a wonderful ambassador for the bull terrier breed.

But, I'm a responsible and experienced dog owner.

I've been known to turn people out of my house that I've felt were not fit owners for one of my pups.

That can't be said for the scores of idiots who obtain pit bulls and other strong breeds for status in their ghetto neighborhoods.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainplague View Post
Agreed, 100%

People also forget, or don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, is that sometimes individual dogs are born "game".

In all my 20+ years as a dog woman, I have had only one bull terrier who was game. Marty, as a 6 month old pup, tried to attack a woman who came on to our property uninvited. I immediately neutered Marty and started obedience training and socializing. Marty ended up becoming a wonderful ambassador for the bull terrier breed.

But, I'm a responsible and experienced dog owner.

I've been known to turn people out of my house that I've felt were not fit owners for one of my pups.

That can't be said for the scores of idiots who obtain pit bulls and other strong breeds for status in their ghetto neighborhoods.
You are exactly right. If there were ONLY dog trainers and breeders like you, I think the numbers of violent destructive dog attacks would become a small percentage of what is going on now.
It is precisely because of these irresponsible owners and breeders that we have this situation.
I'm glad to hear from a responsible person who really does understand what they are doing.
I don't know what the word "game" means in reference to a dog, but I am going to assume it is a dog that is naturally aggressive from birth. I think it's a smaller percentage of dogs that are this way but the danger they pose to society is out of proportion to their actual numbers. So it doesn't matter how many "gentle, loving, family dogs" there are. It's the violent ones that get the attention.
This smears the good responsible dog owners with a bad reputation that is undeserved. So really it is responsible dog owners who have the most to lose and these ones should be the most vocal and strident in weeding out bad owners. They need to speak up for harsh sentences for owners who allow their dogs to attack or fail to control their dog or warn the unwary of approaching their dog.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Brainplague
Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Brainplague
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:246
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3529

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
This smears the good responsible dog owners with a bad reputation that is undeserved. So really it is responsible dog owners who have the most to lose and these ones should be the most vocal and strident in weeding out bad owners. They need to speak up for harsh sentences for owners who allow their dogs to attack or fail to control their dog or warn the unwary of approaching their dog.
I get all kinds of lovey dovey stuff on FB about not blaming the breed, etc.

Trying to get them to back up stronger sentences for irresponsible owners is like trying to herd cats.

johnleeknoefler