Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029
Re: Correctional Officer in Washington State Prison is Found Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post

- Correctional Officers (CO’s) have the second highest mortality rate of any occupation.
I don't know where you got this bullshit from but it's false. So who comes in first then if COs are second, cops? CO deaths are not common what so ever and a 250 lb man opposed to a 160 lbs woman (big b*tch;) just makes more sense. Everyone will agree on that. Far as men accounting for most of the staff assaults, I would think so seeing that men make up the bulk of staff. I hate statistics because they're much like religion in the way ppl use and twist them to help their points across.

Ps Fishing has been the most dangerous job in America for quite some time. Can't see why that will change.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 PM
conkman56
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3288
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Ps Fishing has been the most dangerous job in America for quite some time. Can't see why that will change.
Actually, on average, logging is much more dangerous. Being in Seattle I have met people that do both and they say they would much rather do fishing than logging any day.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkman56 View Post
Actually, on average, logging is much more dangerous. Being in Seattle I have met people that do both and they say they would much rather do fishing than logging any day.
Yea I'm aware of that but crab fishing has to be more dangerous then logging. The temp of the water alone would do you in before 5 mins. Lost at sea in 5 story waves, being crushed or knocked unconscious by equipment then washed over board; you take your pick. I'll take my chances logging before I get on a boat: either way we can agree, being a correctional officer is p*ssy work compared to the first two jobs. I dated a chick with a mother who was a CO. Her mother said the last time they had a death was almost a decade ago and it was a woman. She was thrown down a flight of stairs, breaking her neck-should have never been there in the first place.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
conkman56
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3288
male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss66

MONROE, Wash. – There is a battle going on over whether a Monroe corrections officer who was murdered in the prison chapel Saturday, had complained about the lack of security there.

Inmate Byron Scherf is accused of killing Jayme Biendl, strangling her with a microphone cord.

The Washington state Department of Corrections and the union representing the state's corrections officers are battling over the claim that Biendl asked for cameras to be put in the prison chapel late last year.

The DOC says the department has not found the request or any evidence the request to install cameras was ever made.

But in an affidavit from Biendl's supervisor, Sergeant Jimmy Fletcher swears under oath that he did, in fact, get her work order for more cameras in the chapel and signed off on the work order before passing it on to the command staff.

But, Sgt. Fletcher says, under normal procedure, he would not have been notified if the work order for more cameras was ultimately approved or denied.

The DOC says until the police investigation into Biendl's murder is complete, it is legally barred from saying much more. But it did release this statement:

"At the request of local authorities, we cannot begin our investigation of the incident until law enforcement completes theirs. We must not do or say anything that could possibly impact the ongoing criminal investigation. We will publicly release all the findings from our investigations once it is complete. In the meantime, our focus is on cooperating with local police, maintaining prison operations, supporting the family of Officer Biendl and the staff of the agency."

Scherf has been transferred to the Snohomish County Jail to help detectives speed up the progress in the case.

Psychiatrist said Scherf would strike again

In 1981, a state psychiatrist diagnosed Scherf as having a severe anti-social personality with sexual deviation. According to the report, Scherf, who was charged with rape at the time, detailed how he would stalk women and study their habits.

The doctor went on to say that even after treatment in a sex offender program, Scherf would continue to break the law.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

I dont want to sound sexist...but why are women officers in a male prison?, doesn't that just make matters worse..it's like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
sassieroses
Offline:
Halo or Horns today?
Poster Rank:291
Ladybug

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2800

RIP dear lady. How sad!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
tedbrandt
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1419

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss251

the type of sadist assholes that gravitate towards work that gives them power over other people i dont feel sorry for and she shouldn't have been there anyway