Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss745
Re: Corpse in Public Pool Goes Unnoticed for 2 Days in Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Mantis666 View Post
. How cloudy could it have been normally that no one thought to find where a cloud came from.
Very valid point. That water must have normally looked like crap. This whole thing is odd.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:59 AM
hckr_wolf
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2432

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109

DAMN! I was gonna post this story! Oh well.
Here's what I found from another article online:
Quote:
The probe shows the water in the Fall River pool was murky from the time the pool opened for the season last Saturday. Visibility tests conducted Wednesday revealed a diver couldn't be seen at a depth of 3 1/2 to 4 feet below the surface of the water.
According to the article, her body somehow stayed submerged in 12ft of water (and the pool's visibility drops completely at 4ft), so there was no chance in anyone seeing her, unless they dove down and got within 4ft of her body.
The murky waters were apparently from the pool just not being maintained at all - not from her decomposing body. And considering the area she was from (which judging from news footage, is a complete shithole), I doubt anyone cared about the water quality, or even noticed for that matter...
Her body didn't float up to the top until AFTER a few kids sneaked into the pool at night. At that point, they reported it and that's when they realized she'd been there for days.
Attached is an aerial view of the pool... The deep end is at the top of the picture, where the slide is. You can see the water steadily get murkier as the depth increases... My guess is as she was helping the kid down the slide, she inadvertently went down and smacked her head on something, slipped into unconsciousness and drowned at the bottom. Dunno why she didn't float back up though... Maybe she got caught on something on the wall/floor - would explain her drowning better than hitting her head.
The kid she was with asked the life guard for help with something and the lifeguard ignored him. Probably his fault.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
pool.png  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hckr_wolf For This Useful Post:
BrownRock, docfr8
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 AM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:611
Female

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckr_wolf View Post
DAMN! I was gonna post this story! Oh well.
Here's what I found from another article online:

According to the article, her body somehow stayed submerged in 12ft of water (and the pool's visibility drops completely at 4ft), so there was no chance in anyone seeing her, unless they dove down and got within 4ft of her body.
The murky waters were apparently from the pool just not being maintained at all - not from her decomposing body. And considering the area she was from (which judging from news footage, is a complete shithole), I doubt anyone cared about the water quality, or even noticed for that matter...
Her body didn't float up to the top until AFTER a few kids sneaked into the pool at night. At that point, they reported it and that's when they realized she'd been there for days.
Attached is an aerial view of the pool... The deep end is at the top of the picture, where the slide is. You can see the water steadily get murkier as the depth increases... My guess is as she was helping the kid down the slide, she inadvertently went down and smacked her head on something, slipped into unconsciousness and drowned at the bottom. Dunno why she didn't float back up though... Maybe she got caught on something on the wall/floor - would explain her drowning better than hitting her head.
The kid she was with asked the life guard for help with something and the lifeguard ignored him. Probably his fault.
Thanks for the added info Still such a weird situation lol

Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

wouldn't swim in murky water to begin with.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Ambersweet
Offline:
Poster Rank:1572
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss214

WTF seriously... the only thing i could think of for her not floating to the top is the possible drain vents?i think they are on even when the pool is open to circulate water? i could be wrong but mighta had enough strength to keep her held under for a while, but even then you'd thing if enough people are swimming in the pool, even if they where not in the deep end, it would churn the water enough to make her float to the top.

this all sounds way to fishy

Old 07-03-2011, 06:03 AM
hckr_wolf
Offline:
Poster Rank:2432

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersweet View Post
this all sounds way to fishy
Probably smelled fishy too.
Haaaaaaaa.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Ambersweet
Offline:
Poster Rank:1572
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss214

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckr_wolf View Post
Probably smelled fishy too.
Haaaaaaaa.
After 2 days in i wouldnt doubt it a wrinkly chlorinated decomping body.....i can almost imagine the smell and it makes me wanna gag. Though memory is going off the smell of bloated roadkill, as i've never smelled a dead human.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
shinsgirl
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:708
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss745

Quote:
After 2 days in i wouldnt doubt it a wrinkly chlorinated decomping body.....i can almost imagine the smell and it makes me wanna gag. Though memory is going off the smell of bloated roadkill, as i've never smelled a dead human.
I just threw up in my mouth..

Old 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:611
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

Quote:
You gotta remember that humans are animals, so it smells the same. The cause of the horrible smell is mostly from putrescine and cadaverine (made by the break down of amino acids). A biggie of what would make a difference is the size of the corpse and the location (though there are other factors) cause both of those effect the decomposition process.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915