Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: Cop Tries to Shoot Dog, Misses, Hits 10-year-old Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice81 View Post
Cops are such pussies!
I disagree. Something tells me that I wouldn't enjoy eating a cop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 07-15-2014, 03:54 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

I'm fairly positive that the officer did not intend to shoot the little boy and it's still up for debate whether he even intended to shoot the dog. Some of you see either a conspiracy or criminal malfeasance in every action by law enforcement. This could be something as simple as an accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm. It happens...sometimes even in the best circumstances. The officer might have been running with his gun in his hand and pulled the trigger when the dog startled him. Hey, shit happens...it shouldn't with a loaded gun, but it does. Cops screw up just like everyone else...no one's perfect and mistakes happen. I really don't think you need to call the officer names and besmirch the whole profession because some cop had a misfire. This is what the civil tort system is for. The family of the injured child will sue the living shit out of the county and get a substantial pay day. I've seen worse situations where the cop accidentially shot and killed an innocent civilian...it happens and always will as long as we employ humans.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, fenek, Kelseecat65, rapeWhistle, Zambini
Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11935

Man... I don't know what to say about that

Old 07-16-2014, 04:39 PM
candice81
Offline:
Poster Rank:310
Female

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
I disagree. Something tells me that I wouldn't enjoy eating a cop.
Unless shes a hot female

Old 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Eat Shit And Die
Offline:
★ A Son Of A Bitch ★
Poster Rank:457
Male
Contributions: 36

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1412

What a moron, hopefully he will have to hand his gun in although I imagine they will just promote him instead.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 PM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I'm fairly positive that the officer did not intend to shoot the little boy and it's still up for debate whether he even intended to shoot the dog. Some of you see either a conspiracy or criminal malfeasance in every action by law enforcement. This could be something as simple as an accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm. It happens...sometimes even in the best circumstances. The officer might have been running with his gun in his hand and pulled the trigger when the dog startled him. Hey, shit happens...it shouldn't with a loaded gun, but it does. Cops screw up just like everyone else...no one's perfect and mistakes happen. I really don't think you need to call the officer names and besmirch the whole profession because some cop had a misfire. This is what the civil tort system is for. The family of the injured child will sue the living shit out of the county and get a substantial pay day. I've seen worse situations where the cop accidentially shot and killed an innocent civilian...it happens and always will as long as we employ humans.
You're probably right but if I make a mistake of this magnitude even if it was an accident I probably lose my job. He probably should lose his job in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
Eat Shit And Die
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post
You're probably right but if I make a mistake of this magnitude even if it was an accident I probably lose my job. He probably should lose his job in my opinion.
I saw the shooting scene on a law enforcement site today. It looks like a fairly rural area with a lot of open fields, big yards, not very many homes. Not sure if this was an accidental/negligent discharge or if he was just a crappy shot. I don't necessarily think the officer should be fired if he made an honest mistake...shit happens. If the dog charged him, then by most agency's policies and state laws he would have been well within his rights to shoot the dog.

What most DR Members fail to grasp is the reality that if the officer was correct in fearing serious injury or death from the dog, then he was lawfully justified to shoot. Now, where this incident gets sticky, is when you look at if the officer (as a reasonable police officer) could have forseen that he might accidentally hit the child if he shot at the dog. I've seen many officers (myself included) actually take the bite(s) from an angry dog rather than shoot with a questionable backdrop. If there was no reasonable way for the officer to know that his backdrop involved a child or other hazards, then he's off the hook for any liability. The county will get sued and will back the officer as his actions were reasonable given the circumstances. The county's gonna get hit hard with a law suit no matter what happens, but as long as the officer's actions were reasonable given the circumstances, then he's good.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 07-17-2014, 02:20 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61135

more disturbing is the fact the cop showed no remorse or couldnt care less

Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 PM
dcaccount22
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1474

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss236

cops are shooting people dogs without consequence on an almost daily basis. Any trigger happy cop is a hazard to the people they are supposed to be protecting, and they should be fired. If you are on facebook like the page dogs shot by police and you will see how many dogs are being shot unjustifiably and how nothing is usually done to the cops who think shooting peoples dogs is ok.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcaccount22 For This Useful Post:
Caustic, CrunchyCripple, fenek, Loopy Lass
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaccount22 View Post
cops are shooting people dogs without consequence on an almost daily basis. Any trigger happy cop is a hazard to the people they are supposed to be protecting, and they should be fired. If you are on facebook like the page dogs shot by police and you will see how many dogs are being shot unjustifiably and how nothing is usually done to the cops who think shooting peoples dogs is ok.
Based on your years of experience investigating use of force incidents? You use phrases like, "trigger happy", "unjustifiably", "shooting people's dogs are ok", "they should be fired". To what do you owe your opinion? How do you know the officer was "trigger happy"? Or was "unjustified" in firing his handgun? Where do you get the idea that "shooting people's dogs are ok"? And where do you get the wisdom to pass judgement on someone else who's job you have no idea about? Sounds to me like you're an emotional mess making wild statements you have no basis in experience to make. Cool you jets and look at the incident without all the emotional crap. The cop shot at a dog, missed and wounded a child...oh well, shit happens. We don't know whether this was an accidental/negligent discharge, if the officer fell, if the dog aggressively charged the officer, if the dog was running loose, if the dog was in it's own yard, if the officer intended to shoot the dog and just missed, if the child was running loose, if the officer saw the child prior to shooting, etc, etc. Calm the fuck down until we get all the information you hysterical dipshit...we don't have all the information. Besides, the kid was only slightly wounded and if his parents have half a brain between them, the kid can go to any college he wants to on the money they're going to get from this incident and have a fortune left over...that's a pretty good trade off for nothing but a damn flesh wound.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By 30564U:
dcaccount22