Go Back  

Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
I never once said I didn't feel bad for the old man. The officer told him to drop it and the old man did not reply. I feel for the cop because he honestly thought it was a gun and did what he was trained to do. You're obviously biased and no matter the situation, you hate on cops. The old man should have complied and didn't;end of story.
I have nothing new to say that I haven't already said. The cop was trigger happy, the old man did as he thought was right. He had no idea what was coming.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
himself
  #22  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:26 AM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I have nothing new to say that I haven't already said. The cop was trigger happy, the old man did as he thought was right. He had no idea what was coming.
The year is 2014 and the rule of staying in your car when pulled over has been around for years. The cop was most definitively not "trigger happy " as you like to put it, he was scared for his life like anyone else would be.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Froctopus, susanmarie79
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
himself
  #23  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 AM
susanmarie79's Avatar
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:357
Diagnosed Psychopath
Join Date: May 2013
Contributions: 48
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

If he was trigger happy then I doubt he would have been so upset afterwards either.

Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to susanmarie79 For This Useful Post:
BoBar, Froctopus, JustifiableHomicide, Pyramid_Head
  #24  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
The year is 2014 and the rule of staying in your car when pulled over has been around for years. The cop was most definitively not "trigger happy " as you like to put it, he was scared for his life like anyone else would be.
I think I covered that one quiet well when I said the old timer OBVIOUSLY did not know that. I'm well aware that the excuse used by cops is basically the same as you are saying here. Which is ignorance of the law is no excuse. Even though a lawyer couldn't keep up with the laws themselves.

Which is why they use paralegals. So don't expect the old man to automatically know. If the cop wasn't trigger happy he wouldn't have shot an unarmed man. That's pretty simple to understand I think. I don't know how to break it down any simpler.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I think I covered that one quiet well when I said the old timer OBVIOUSLY did not know that. I'm well aware that the excuse used by cops is basically the same as you are saying here. Which is ignorance of the law is no excuse. Even though a lawyer couldn't keep up with the laws themselves.

Which is why they use paralegals. So don't expect the old man to automatically know. If the cop wasn't trigger happy he wouldn't have shot an unarmed man. That's pretty simple to understand I think. I don't know how to break it down any simpler.
The old man was grabbing an object out of the bed of the truck and the officer can easily be heard telling the old man to drop it. The old man did NOT comply and therefore got himself shot. If you honestly think the cop should have waited to find out if it was a gun, you're seriously mistaken. The cop did NOTHING wrong, the old man was clearly at fault in this one.

I don't like most cops, but unlike you, I'm not automatically going to point the finger of blame on them. Fair is fair and the cop reacted the way any cop that values his life would.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
himself
  #26  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
The old man was grabbing an object out of the bed of the truck and the officer can easily be heard telling the old man to drop it. The old man did NOT comply and therefore got himself shot. If you honestly think the cop should have waited to find out if it was a gun, you're seriously mistaken. The cop did NOTHING wrong, the old man was clearly at fault in this one.

I don't like most cops, but unlike you, I'm not automatically going to point the finger of blame on them. Fair is fair and the cop reacted the way any cop that values his life would.
Lol, fucking christ. Have you NOT read my posts? You keep making silly points that I have already covered.

For instance as I PREVIOUSLY stated, we hear the officer so well because he is close to the camera mic. At which time he said whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey, etc. Which doesn't mean a damn thing. I would say the same thing if I caught my dick in my zipper. So what?

As I also pointed out, the old man was probably half deaf AND they were on the side of a VERY noisy street. I don't know if you've ever been on the side of a street before, but you can't hear shit sometimes even when someone two feet from you is speaking to you.

So even if he understood that "whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey" actually meant, I think you are armed and I'm about to shoot and kill you, it doesn't matter. Because he probably didn't even hear "whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey" to start with.

I really don't know what else to say on this VERY simple subject.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
himself
  #27  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Lol, fucking christ. Have you NOT read my posts? You keep making silly points that I have already covered.

For instance as I PREVIOUSLY stated, we hear the officer so well because he is close to the camera mic. At which time he said whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey, etc. Which doesn't mean a damn thing. I would say the same thing if I caught my dick in my zipper. So what?

As I also pointed out, the old man was probably half deaf AND they were on the side of a VERY noisy street. I don't know if you've ever been on the side of a street before, but you can't hear shit sometimes even when someone two feet from you is speaking to you.

So even if he understood that "whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey" actually meant, I think you are armed and I'm about to shoot and kill you, it doesn't matter. Because he probably didn't even hear "whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey" to start with.

I really don't know what else to say on this VERY simple subject.
The cop clearly told the guy to drop the weapon, but I guess you have selective hearing in this case. No worries though, we obviously don't agree on this and we aren't any closer to agreeing either. So let's agree to disagree.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
himself
  #28  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

I don't have selective hearing. It doesn't matter if he said "I am speaking on behalf of jesus, buddha and muhammad and I'm going to shoot your ass dead, if the old man didn't hear him due to the loud street and being old, then what does it matter what the cop said ultimately?

That was my overall point as illustrated a few times. I don't understand why that point seems so complicated to understand.

Since you feel that you have a better perspective or see something that I don't, perhaps you can point to the part where you feel the old guy understood that he was in danger due to this actions?

BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT, he appeared as though he had no idea he should pause, stop, etc. So obviously he did NOT hear or understand what was going on.

If he did, he would have complied. I don't think you are suggesting that he is a criminal and intended to get shot. So how else could it have been? Was he fucking with the cops head? Seeing how far he could push him? Challenging him?

Of course NOT, even the cop himself isn't accusing the old man of that. He just simply didn't understand the situation, didn't hear or understand the cops VERY lame way of saying freeze, etc.

So the cop opened fire because his fear overrode his brain. End of story.

But I agree that obviously we will not agree on this one.

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Ignore this posting, accidentally almost caused a double posting of same reply.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Bleeed.exe's Avatar
Bleeed.exe
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Join Date: Dec 2009
Contributions: 7
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3473
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Lucky they weren't a black couple, they'd both be dead.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO