Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Cop Stops 70 Year Old Man For Expired Tags, Then Shoots Him

Fucking pig. They always shoot first and ask questions later. One of the things the pig said was "why did he have to get out of the car?" I'll look over the fact that it's a truck actually (further proving that the officer is blind and also, hopefully he's not up for a promotion to detective since he doesn't know what a truck is.)

Anyhow, anyone older than mid 30's should remember a day when that was what you did when you got pulled over.

Years ago when you got pulled over, you got of the vehicle and went to the officer. Back then they believed that was safer because they could tell if you were armed, etc. at a distance. (At least this was how it was handled where I was from, and apparently this old timer too!)

Today for whatever reason the theory is that if people stay in the vehicle, it is safer for the officer. Who knows what fucking genius thought that one up.

Today, people can prepare to shoot you or hide whatever they have on them while they are waiting for the cop to approach their vehicle. All while protected inside their vehicle and with the ability to get away quickly.

Back in the day, they didn't have enough time when they immediately had to get out of the vehicle and go to the officer. So again, the new way is way worse than the old way from my perspective.

The old timer probably hadn't been pulled over since Kennedy was president and probably is old school and thinks cops are the "good guys". So he had no idea how trigger happy the cop would be.

And since "ignorance of the law is no excuse", officers don't question whether someone knows if they should get out of a vehicle or not. They just "assume" everyone knows as if police went door to door to inform them of the rule change. Poor bastard.

I remember the first time I got pulled over after the rule changed. I got of my vehicle before the officer said stay in the car. I was puzzled. I thought it was his personal issue until later I learned that's how it's done now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Caustic, commondenom, himself, Illusion, Photoplay, TwistedSisterr
The Following 4 Users Disliked azdesertsnake01 For This Post:
bigdavedawg, CuriousOne, LadyCPlum, Pyramid_Head
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

I had a gun pulled on me when i was 8 months pregnant for rollin down my back seat window because my window was broken.... it was 1230 at night, pregnant, 18 yrs old, looking for my cheating husband and then i get pulled over an a gun pulled on me until i screamed im pregnant!! omg i was AWFUL
no snide remarks about it either because i was only 18 and it was an emotional time inmy life and I wasnt thinkn

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, himself, LadyCPlum
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
I had a gun pulled on me when i was 8 months pregnant for rollin down my back seat window because my window was broken.... it was 1230 at night, pregnant, 18 yrs old, looking for my cheating husband and then i get pulled over an a gun pulled on me until i screamed im pregnant!! omg i was AWFUL
no snide remarks about it either because i was only 18 and it was an emotional time inmy life and I wasnt thinkn

I don't blame you for being upset. You're lucky he didn't yell out, wow, I've never killed two with one bullet before and opened fire. Forgive my dark humor, but it's not totally off-base with what some cops are capable of.

Several years back a close friend of mine thought he could make a difference by going into law enforcement. I begged him not to do it for several reasons.

After getting hired and working for a while and hearing multiple cops say things to to each other on multiple occasions like "I can't wait until someone gives me a reason to shoot them", he quit.

He was very distraught that his idealism got crushed so fast. Of course to which I said "I told you so."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
himself, TwistedSisterr
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
CuriousOne
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Photoplay
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:456
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1414

Brutal.
I understand how it happened, but I don’t understand that kind of response from a trained police Officer. Then again, I could get out of my vehicle and do handstands without being shot, so pretty naive on the rules in some countries.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Photoplay For This Useful Post:
himself, Illusion, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I don't blame you for being upset. You're lucky he didn't yell out, wow, I've never killed two with one bullet before and opened fire. Forgive my dark humor, but it's not totally off-base with what some cops are capable of.

Several years back a close friend of mine thought he could make a difference by going into law enforcement. I begged him not to do it for several reasons.

After getting hired and working for a while and hearing multiple cops say things to to each other on multiple occasions like "I can't wait until someone gives me a reason to shoot them", he quit.

He was very distraught that his idealism got crushed so fast. Of course to which I said "I told you so."
my dad was former YCSO, you aint tellin me nothing

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
himself
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 PM
CuriousOne
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1033
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss402

You need to understand the fear of constant unknown circumstances that these officers face daily. Are a lot of cops corrupt? Absofuckinglutely. But there are good ones. This seems like a young guy who was afraid, adrenaline was going and he reacted.

You will notice the older gentleman was more calm than the officer, and the cop immediately felt awful. He wasn't trying to justify his actions and act like it was the older guy's fault.

Not every damn cop is a piece of shit, so stop lumping them all together. I get it that you have had bad personal experiences, I have too, but chill. Jesus.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CuriousOne For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, bigdavedawg, dean mclean, deanmine, Froctopus, LadyCPlum, Pyramid_Head
The Following Users Disliked This Post By CuriousOne:
himself
Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
You need to understand the fear of constant unknown circumstances that these officers face daily. Are a lot of cops corrupt? Absofuckinglutely. But there are good ones. This seems like a young guy who was afraid, adrenaline was going and he reacted.

You will notice the older gentleman was more calm than the officer, and the cop immediately felt awful. He wasn't trying to justify his actions and act like it was the older guy's fault.

Not every damn cop is a piece of shit, so stop lumping them all together. I get it that you have had bad personal experiences, I have too, but chill. Jesus.
I hate to differ with you, but of course he was trying to justify his actions. The VERY statement that I quoted previously where he said "why did he have to get out of the car?" does nothing but put it back on the old timer.

As you probably noticed, I gave a VERY good explanation as to why he would have gotten out of the truck.

Also, maybe I didn't clarify it properly, but I do NOT think that ALL cops are like that, but FAR too many are. As far as chilling, I think that might be what you need to do yourself. I do have a right to post about my feelings you know? Just as you felt free to do so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, himself
The Following 3 Users Disliked azdesertsnake01 For This Post:
bigdavedawg, LadyCPlum, Pyramid_Head
Old 03-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

I don't know what their rules are, but the officer only said "whoa whoa" several times. "whoa whoa whoa whoa" could have meant anything, and I'm sure the older man didn't even know if it was directed at him. He could have said "FREEZE" or "leave your hands where I can see them, sir."

Horrible negligence; I honestly felt bad for all three of them at different times during that video. That helpless, frantic feeling must have been almost overwhelming but they held it together pretty well. At least the man will live.

Oh and I
guarantee they'll be using this in their officer's training for years and years.

gatagato, TwistedSisterr