Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178
Cop Feeds Homeless Handcuffed Prisoner Like a 'Dog'

Quote:
The Sarasota Police Department has suspended one of its own and launched an internal investigation after viewing a booking video that shows peanuts being thrown at a handcuffed homeless prisoner.

Randy Miller, 44, was booked into the Sarasota County Jail July 18 on trespassing charges, jail records indicate.

As he was being booked into the facilities, a Sarasota Police officer took a few actions that have since raised eyebrows at this department.

A jail surveillance video made public shows Sarasota Officer Andrew Halpin throwing peanuts into a handcuffed Miller’s mouth, much like a person might feed a dog.

Some of the peanuts didn’t make it into Miller’s mouth and fell to the floor instead. Miller is seen a few minutes later eating them off the floor. Halpin is then shown kicking the peanuts closer to Miller.

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 CopFeedsHomelessHandcuffedPrisonerLikeaDog.mp4(3.18 MB, 60 views)
Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5487
Re: Cop Feeds Homeless Handcuffed Prisoner Like a 'Dog'

He's NOT deserving to wear the uniform.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, kellyhound, reload101
Old 07-28-2015, 06:52 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Corrections officers (these are not cops) are the lowest form of bottom feeding wannabes. Pissed off at the world they fail at being real cops, they become self loathing assholes and take it out on people coming through their county's revenue hub.

The best thing a local Sheriff did here was strip the entire corrections department of their deputy looking uniforms, placed them in plane janitor looking uniforms, prohibited use of handcuffs, pepper sprays, etc and only transport were armed, so that the corrections officers had no purpose to run around the jail like fully decked out patrol officers (most would even wear full utility belts)

His action made nearly 40% of his staff quit because they didn't want to lose that image, and it really humbled the rest of the staff. their incident reports dropped dramatically from one year to the next as a result.

blaze915, BryanXavier, gatagato, icheerthebull, kellyhound, morbid75, Pigeon, reload101, suicidepudding
Old 07-28-2015, 10:49 AM
blaze915
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:577
ALPHA MALE

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1042

And they wonder why we label them as pigs

The Following User Says Thank You to blaze915 For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
Old 07-28-2015, 10:56 AM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12986

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Corrections officers (these are not cops) are the lowest form of bottom feeding wannabes. Pissed off at the world they fail at being real cops, they become self loathing assholes and take it out on people coming through their county's revenue hub.

The best thing a local Sheriff did here was strip the entire corrections department of their deputy looking uniforms, placed them in plane janitor looking uniforms, prohibited use of handcuffs, pepper sprays, etc and only transport were armed, so that the corrections officers had no purpose to run around the jail like fully decked out patrol officers (most would even wear full utility belts)

His action made nearly 40% of his staff quit because they didn't want to lose that image, and it really humbled the rest of the staff. their incident reports dropped dramatically from one year to the next as a result.
That was enlightening - it's too bad that a uniform can make such a difference in us.

Remember that damn psychological experiment with prisoners and guards that is now banned? It was pathetic.

icheerthebull, Pigeon, TheVrist
Old 07-28-2015, 11:15 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
That was enlightening - it's too bad that a uniform can make such a difference in us.

Remember that damn psychological experiment with prisoners and guards that is now banned? It was pathetic.
"psychology of the uniform" People deny its effects, but I believe it to be true. I guess that sheriff I mentioned did too.

BryanXavier, icheerthebull
Old 07-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post

You're overgeneralizing. My stepfather was a good cop before he joined the sheriff's department, and my stepbrother was a cop that frequently worked lock-up. Neither are LEOs now, but they certainly don't fit the bill that you describe.

And the point of a uniform is to cut a certain figure and to have a particular effect on the prison population. It's ultimately a facilitator of authority, and anyone who looks to it as a source of said authority is in the wrong line of work.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:23 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
You're overgeneralizing. My stepfather was a good cop before he joined the sheriff's department, and my stepbrother was a cop that frequently worked lock-up. Neither are LEOs now, but they certainly don't fit the bill that you describe.

And the point of a uniform is to cut a certain figure and to have a particular effect on the prison population. It's ultimately a facilitator of authority, and anyone who looks to it as a source of said authority is in the wrong line of work.
So you were an inmate while dealing with your stepfather, and brother?

I mean, as bases to discredit my non-explained level of generalization, of course.

Also my comment is more so for local police/sheriff jails. Most prison uniforms are dull and basic as they should be. Local jails, are far different, and they attract people that love to play dress up, and get a chip on their shoulder while doing it.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:71
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4694 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13281

Kunt....

Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Fire his stupid ass and be done with it.