Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Connecticut State Police Release More Fake Emergency Dispatch Calls

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...239358021.html

State police have released more recordings of false emergency radio transmissions made over the Litchfield County Dispatch system, which dispatches fire and ambulance crews in northwestern Connecticut.

They are trying to identify the person responsible and are asking for help from the public.

According to police, at least eight fake emergency broadcasts placed between Dec. 25 and Jan. 6 have sent ambulances out to non-emergencies and canceled calls to actual fires.

State police are conducting a criminal investigation and believe the person responsible is using a lost or stolen portable radio or electronic device.

"We're not sure if this person is someone who has stolen a portable radio, located a lost radio or some other kind of equipment," Lt. Paul Vance, of the state police, said

Officials said equipment like this is so readily available. There's nothing really high-tech about the crime, but it is highly unusual.

"There are some safeguards that we have in place, but this person was able to override a couple of them," John Barbagallo, of Litchfield County Dispatch, said.

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the culprit.

Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 860-234-1529 or 860-626-1821, or send an email to holly.wrightson@ct.gov. Calls will be kept confidential.

I've never uploaded an audio file on here before so I hope it works. If not, you can listen to the fake calls at the original source that I linked at the top of the article.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Photoplay
Old 01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21497 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20