Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: Concord, Massachusetts Bans Sale of Small Water Bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkest angel View Post
I keep a rotating supply of 1 gallon water jugs under my cabinet. I have 7 now. They say u should keep at least 2 weeks worth. Don't really have that much storage space.
I have a rather large house, but keeping two weeks worth of bottled water on hand would be almost impossible.
I have a brita filter on the kitchen tap and a jug for the fridge. I love those things.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
I was told a few years ago by my neighbor, who is the "green-est" human being on the planet that re-using your plastic water bottles is dangerous. Also, that leaving them in the sunlight, even for a minute, releases some kind of chemical that you end up ingesting once you drink it again. I don't know if all that's true, but I'm like you...I re-use my little bottles all the time. I feel guilty if they only get used once and then end up in the recycle bin. I figure they are worth more than once use.
<****** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qY1cJFGirpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>
<****** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BEVl7b_LObM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Also, If you don't microwave your food with plastic wrap, then don't leave your water out where the sun will touch it.. You'd be paranoid enough not to.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 01-05-2013, 04:19 AM
rheedork
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:682
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss785

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
In most European countries, you have to buy bottled water. I tried drinking from the tap once in Belgium and all I can say is, big mistake!!! I can't even drink the tap water where I live now. I get the most horrible bout of the trots.
Seriously? You should visit the Nordic countries then. The water tastes amazing!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 AM
rheedork
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:682
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss785

Quote:
Because of the fluoride that they add to tap water, along with the other additives. Fluoride is a sedative. And did u know that estrogen from birth control pills cannot be filtered out of the water? Drink up. I use a Brita filter. That helps some.
I don't mind the fluoride to be honest. The amounts that are in the water are very minimal in my country, so there are no harmful side effects. I also use hormonal birth control so estrogen doesn't worry me either.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

It's ALL still part of the water shed, anyway. Bottled water isn't some magical new liquid, it's the same damn stuff that's been here since this little blue ball started into orbit.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM
peema
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1486

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss233

It's not about what's safer or what's cheaper, it's about freedom of choice. How is it the City's business what kind of water people buy? It always starts with bottled water and ends with forbidding women to straddle motorcycles.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by peema View Post
It's not about what's safer or what's cheaper, it's about freedom of choice. How is it the City's business what kind of water people buy? It always starts with bottled water and ends with forbidding women to straddle motorcycles.
^ i'm really wondering if anyone actually read the article though.. They're mainly concerned about the bottles ending up in the ocean. Haven't seen anyone discuss this or how effective the ban would be for the environment.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Seven Of Nine
Offline:
de-assimilated
Poster Rank:214
Female
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4126

Quote:
Because of the fluoride that they add to tap water, along with the other additives. Fluoride is a sedative. And did u know that estrogen from birth control pills cannot be filtered out of the water? Drink up. I use a Brita filter. That helps some.
There are two large cities in Alberta, Edmonton and Calgary. If things are the same as they used to be, Edmonton adds fluoride to the water, Calgary does not. Check out the actual, factual results with dentistry. Edmonton has WAY less cavities in it's citizens than Calgary does. Dentists thrive in Calgary.

Oh, as a side note: RnR lives in neither Edmonton or Calgary, he lives in 'Stop and Pee Alberta', known as such because it's roughly half way between the two major cities.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss51381

More money making absurdities Plastic bottles are supposed to be recycled - enforce doing that rather than an outright ban and possible fine

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by peema View Post
Yeah, but if you're buying little bottles all the time, why not just buy 2 or 3 really large ones and cut down on the waste. I get both points, but I'm with you on hating how everything in our daily life is trying to be controlled.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Brometheus