Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
That's exactly what I was getting at. Reading the foreign sites comments is mind blowing. Rob wants to set a narrative about how justified they are. And I'm not saying foreign people don't have a gripe or solid points.

What I am saying is if you read the comments you'll see just how misinformed they are. There's sites that believe Israel is ISIS. They believe Jews did 9-11. They believe American soldiers are fighting in Ukraine. This morning I read they believe the CIA is behind the hostage situation in Australia. Russians believe America wants to take them over to steal their resources.

There's one Russian site that they constantly discuss nuclear war, as if it's the only way Russia breaks free from the oppressive West.
The funny thing is I've said none of this. If these sites are so outrageously stupid, and everybody on them is so stupid, then why even go there? You base world opinion of America on fringe sites that talk nonsense like this? The sad thing is that doesn't surprise me at all
Critical thinking is definitely not your strong point.

The only narrative I'd like to set is fact, something you seem to have a really limited grip on.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:48 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
The funny thing is I've said none of this. If these sites are so outrageously stupid, and everybody on them is so stupid, then why even go there? You base world opinion of America on fringe sites that talk nonsense like this? The sad thing is that doesn't surprise me at all
Critical thinking is definitely not your strong point.

The only narrative I'd like to set is fact, something you seem to have a really limited grip on.
No. You're a typical liberal. You like to take someone's words and twist them into your own narrative.

You have this problem with taking any example of something and then portraying it as more broad than just an example given.

You see simple man, I visit many sites, that carry many misinformation and narratives. That way I can see other points of view. Unlike what you seem to be advocating, which is only review information that supports your already firmly held opinions.

You're so quick to dismiss information like from these "fringe" sites as you call them. But you'll take information from a "fringe" conservative site and base your opinion on that all day.

That's your mindset.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:00 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
The only view I have is to educate yourself on the issues.

The problem is idiots like you that hold to one side, one position, and will never even consider any other point of view or ideas.

You would think that after 50 million people told you the same thing you'd consider what they are telling you, but no, just keep on plodding along blatting like a lost sheep.

This forum just wouldn't be the same without you

I have to wonder how many times that mouth has gotten you knocked out over the years......
Now you talk violence because I don't buy in to your extremism. Again you make my point so perfectly. You show just how strongly you hold onto you're ideology, and how you give no consideration to other points of view. Even going as far as to say rights should be stripped from people who don't think like you.

Speaking of being knocked out. Is that why you talk such a big game on the safety of your Internet connection?

Pretty cowardly of you. If I was basing my opinions of foreign countries off some Internet comments I guess I'd believe Canadians such as yourself are incapable of speaking intelligently, and have a tough guy complex on the Internet. And can't keep there word, since you said previously you was done speaking to me.

You should use your own logic, although you seem to believe logic only lies with your opinions. When you said 50 million people told me something Because there's just as many if not more on the other side of that coin.. But you wouldn't do that.. The only correct opinion is yours There's 50 million people who say a lot of things, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:20 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:

The only narrative you seem to be partial too is name calling. You're still heated because I don't buy into your anti America anti Israel rhetoric.

I bet you ignored the Hamas parade last week. You know the one where they paraded their weapons around and held signs calling for the extermination of the Jews. While Israel watched and allowed them to do so without fear of attack.
No you don't see that, I bet there would be a thread by you up now if Israel had a parade of weapons calling for the death of Muslims..

Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
No. You're a typical liberal. You like to take someone's words and twist them into your own narrative.

You have this problem with taking any example of something and then portraying it as more broad than just an example given.

You see simple man, I visit many sites, that carry many misinformation and narratives. That way I can see other points of view. Unlike what you seem to be advocating, which is only review information that supports your already firmly held opinions.

You're so quick to dismiss information like from these "fringe" sites as you call them. But you'll take information from a "fringe" conservative site and base your opinion on that all day.

That's your mindset.
I think Ron Paul was the best candidate in the last 30 years, of any party.

I'd take Chris Christie over any democrat in the next election.

Yep, I guess I'm just a typical liberal

Old 12-16-2014, 01:41 AM
oldnorseman
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:660
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss826

I've been around since the Great Depression, and the criticism of Ms. McCartney's comment is one of the most witless observations that I can recall. On any subject. It should not have been dignified by a response, much less an apology.

The political exchanges in this thread -- "you won't consider another viewpoint" -- clearly demonstrate that liberals and conservatives alike comprise, for the most part, knuckle-dragging troglodytes. The situation in our country is such that we are no longer capable of achieving civil discourse.

As for Sarah Palin, she is spectacularly, hilariously ignorant.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:21 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
I think Ron Paul was the best candidate in the last 30 years, of any party.

I'd take Chris Christie over any democrat in the next election.

Yep, I guess I'm just a typical liberal
I'd take either one of those guys as opposed to what we currently have. I think either of those guys would try and bring the nation together, and not draw bold political lines. I would take Hillary Clinton at this point.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:45 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I'd take either one of those guys as opposed to what we currently have. I think either of those guys would try and bring the nation together, and not draw bold political lines. I would take Hillary Clinton at this point.
Is this something that a die hard democrat would say?

Am I a die hard democrat?

Can you name 2 democrats that have run that would make a good president?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:46 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnorseman View Post
I've been around since the Great Depression, and the criticism of Ms. McCartney's comment is one of the most witless observations that I can recall. On any subject. It should not have been dignified by a response, much less an apology.

The political exchanges in this thread -- "you won't consider another viewpoint" -- clearly demonstrate that liberals and conservatives alike comprise, for the most part, knuckle-dragging troglodytes. The situation in our country is such that we are no longer capable of achieving civil discourse.

As for Sarah Palin, she is spectacularly, hilariously ignorant.
What a communist thing to say, I'm appaled.

Sarah plain clearly loves her country, and for you to say such a thing clearly demonstrates an anti American prerogative.
It's not her fault the liberal media chooses to put her in such a bad light.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173