Go Back  

College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter' 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 12-14-2014, 11:31 PM
GoreisGreat's Avatar
GoreisGreat
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:775
Join Date: Dec 2012
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss652
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'



Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:29 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss11698
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
The media going 24 hours a day feeding the division, and a president in office who doesn't even try to bring the nation together. I don't think he wants too. So it would take a dictator to stop the media, and stop the political rhetoric that's fueling it.

Before WW1 Germany, and the Central Powers believed America couldn't win a long war. Because of our system of government, with elections, and the two parties being so different. It was thought once America started feeling the pain of war we would lose our will, and a turn over in government would make it possible for anti war politicians and Presidents to get elected. Making our government not function as a whole, making winning war impossible.
The media is just the trend setter, thing is, today the people are not forced to build their own independent opinions. In the days before internet, we had basic sources to get our info from. In many cases we were forced to see both sides of the coin, just to be updated on current political events. Hell in many cases, shit would happen and we would catch whim of it way later down the road,

With today's influence, we as people are allowed to pick and choose what we see and hear, it may sound great, and even liberating, however it seems to be more damaging than good. The reason why it has proven damaging, is because we are developing sheepish minded people, that refuse to think outside their preferable alignments. They will only view, and listen to that particular interest. They tend to only read blogs, and websites that are in full agreement with their fancy, and watch only the news/commentators that spoon feed their beliefs.

With that said, now we have all these internet sources, backed by major news networks developing hate among opposition, not just political dissatisfaction, but literal HATE. We may not see it in our life time, but our kids, and their kids or whatever may be in wars against political alignments because parents are bestowing hate down to their kids for the oppositions.

I visit many blogs, news opinions, and have tons of political fan pages on FB. what amazes me the most is not the news i'm reading, but the comments that follow. If you pay attention to the comments, you'll see how sheep are developing into mindless flocks.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, rob666
  #23  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:42 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss11698
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I find it interesting that long after the civil war was fought, politically the nation is divided along almost the same lines that fought each other.
Red state/blue state seems to run north/south.

We have a lot if the same shit up here, some provinces even threatening to leave, but the rhetoric doesn't seem to hit the same level.

Yea, that piece of fact is why it is still possible to have an american civil war. The very opposition has never been fully laid to rest. It has however evolved into a whole new meaning. And it has essentially created a whole new demon on both sides.

What sparked the war was people fighting for their cultural social standards, and beliefs. Post civil war, the blue/red became strictly political. And for years to follow it remained just an political alignment. Now and for some time, it all has evolved back to a cultural social status.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
rob666
  #24  
Old 12-15-2014, 12:26 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I'm not anti American at all, half my family is American you fucktard

I'm anti idiot. And I firmly believe that some people should not be allowed to vote, based on not having even the slightest grasp of issues.
You're the perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're so fixated on your ideology and how right your side is. You have no respect for the other side, and don't think they should even be allowed a say in their country. You try and marginalize people by calling them names because they have a different opinion than yours.

Typical extremists rhetoric, if people don't hold your views then they don't understand the issues And should have their rights taken away That's anti American in itself.

I don't care where your family is from, you constantly spew anti American propaganda. You say shit like America deserves to be attacked for supporting allies or policy.

But in the end you're not American. And speaking of having an understanding of issues. You're obviously a Democrat believer. And if your goal is to stop uninformed people from voting, then the Democrats wouldn't win another election. Unless your idea of being informed is you just hold a certain view point, without actually being the least bit informed.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-15-2014, 12:31 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I find it interesting that long after the civil war was fought, politically the nation is divided along almost the same lines that fought each other.
Red state/blue state seems to run north/south.

We have a lot if the same shit up here, some provinces even threatening to leave, but the rhetoric doesn't seem to hit the same level.
Actually the parties are divided. That's the only similarity. What they were divided on back then has absolutely nothing to do with the division today. Back then blacks didn't have a voice at all, and they weren't getting one. The civil war was a fight for resources and what the south saw as the north destroying it's livelihood.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-15-2014, 12:43 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Well of course it's Obamas fault

I wouldn't expect you to understand the President's position as the President. But when a nation is heavily divided, and political discourse is becoming extremely heated. It's the job of the President to bring the nation together. This President has done the exact opposite, he's fueled even asked for the division.

This President puts politics and elections above the security, integrity, and the will of the majority.

But your statement is a very common liberal reply to anyone who puts any blame on Obama. How can you represent yourself as knowing the issues but refuse to acknowledge the most powerful person in America has any fault whatsoever..

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-15-2014, 12:52 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
The media is just the trend setter, thing is, today the people are not forced to build their own independent opinions. In the days before internet, we had basic sources to get our info from. In many cases we were forced to see both sides of the coin, just to be updated on current political events. Hell in many cases, shit would happen and we would catch whim of it way later down the road,

With today's influence, we as people are allowed to pick and choose what we see and hear, it may sound great, and even liberating, however it seems to be more damaging than good. The reason why it has proven damaging, is because we are developing sheepish minded people, that refuse to think outside their preferable alignments. They will only view, and listen to that particular interest. They tend to only read blogs, and websites that are in full agreement with their fancy, and watch only the news/commentators that spoon feed their beliefs.

With that said, now we have all these internet sources, backed by major news networks developing hate among opposition, not just political dissatisfaction, but literal HATE. We may not see it in our life time, but our kids, and their kids or whatever may be in wars against political alignments because parents are bestowing hate down to their kids for the oppositions.

I visit many blogs, news opinions, and have tons of political fan pages on FB. what amazes me the most is not the news i'm reading, but the comments that follow. If you pay attention to the comments, you'll see how sheep are developing into mindless flocks.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Reading the foreign sites comments is mind blowing. Rob wants to set a narrative about how justified they are. And I'm not saying foreign people don't have a gripe or solid points.

What I am saying is if you read the comments you'll see just how misinformed they are. There's sites that believe Israel is ISIS. They believe Jews did 9-11. They believe American soldiers are fighting in Ukraine. This morning I read they believe the CIA is behind the hostage situation in Australia. Russians believe America wants to take them over to steal their resources.

There's one Russian site that they constantly discuss nuclear war, as if it's the only way Russia breaks free from the oppressive West.

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss11698
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
That's exactly what I was getting at. Reading the foreign sites comments is mind blowing. Rob wants to set a narrative about how justified they are. And I'm not saying foreign people don't have a gripe or solid points.

What I am saying is if you read the comments you'll see just how misinformed they are. There's sites that believe Israel is ISIS. They believe Jews did 9-11. They believe American soldiers are fighting in Ukraine. This morning I read they believe the CIA is behind the hostage situation in Australia. Russians believe America wants to take them over to steal their resources.

There's one Russian site that they constantly discuss nuclear war, as if it's the only way Russia breaks free from the oppressive West.
Shit like this is happening even here in the states.

Yesterday's best coffee and comment reading was about Sara Palin wanting to force convert mexicans into Christians

1 out of 10 commentators didn't believe it, the rest went on a an anti palin rant.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
niknik
  #29  
Old 12-15-2014, 01:48 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Shit like this is happening even here in the states.

Yesterday's best coffee and comment reading was about Sara Palin wanting to force convert mexicans into Christians

1 out of 10 commentators didn't believe it, the rest went on a an anti palin rant.
Yes, Palin seems to bring out the crazies. I agree with most of what you said about the information age. She's probably a pretty average person, but listening to the " news" one would think she's a half retarded white supremacist hillbilly inbred lunatic.

And I think a lot of the hatred towards her started because of her being patriotic. She gave some really good speeches when she first hit the mainstream, that centered around American exceptionalism. She may not be the most intelligent person in politics, but she's far from the dumbest. I think that award belongs solely to Nancy Pelosi. But you never hear those people say anything about her intelligence.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-15-2014, 02:11 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: College President Sorry for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You're the perfect example of what I'm talking about. You're so fixated on your ideology and how right your side is. You have no respect for the other side, and don't think they should even be allowed a say in their country. You try and marginalize people by calling them names because they have a different opinion than yours.

Typical extremists rhetoric, if people don't hold your views then they don't understand the issues And should have their rights taken away That's anti American in itself.

I don't care where your family is from, you constantly spew anti American propaganda. You say shit like America deserves to be attacked for supporting allies or policy.

But in the end you're not American. And speaking of having an understanding of issues. You're obviously a Democrat believer. And if your goal is to stop uninformed people from voting, then the Democrats wouldn't win another election. Unless your idea of being informed is you just hold a certain view point, without actually being the least bit informed.
The only view I have is to educate yourself on the issues.

The problem is idiots like you that hold to one side, one position, and will never even consider any other point of view or ideas.


You would think that after 50 million people told you the same thing you'd consider what they are telling you, but no, just keep on plodding along blatting like a lost sheep.

This forum just wouldn't be the same without you

I have to wonder how many times that mouth has gotten you knocked out over the years......

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO