Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: College Kid Records Confession Before Going A Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany32 View Post
..but regardless of whether you , like me , believe that this Asperger's syndrome disorder played a role (again IMO) in the most recent killings or not or whether it has anything to do with this shooting or not .. I think we can all agree as 'a people' we need to do a better job keeping the guns away(I'm Pro-NRA myself personally) from these mentally disturbed young men like Adam, Martin and this guy .. I mean Bryant had an arsenal that would have made Duke Nuke E'm proud/jealous .. I'm mean Jesus Christ .. Imagine this guy Rodger having all the weapons that Martin Bryant had ..he would have killed 1/2 the females of Santa Barbara California for Heavens Sake !! We as a people need to close the "loopholes" and human failures that can allow these things to happen again(mentally disturbed young men having access to guns) .. before there's even more bloodshed down the road whether its mental illness or someone with ASD or other form of mental illness !
Hey, here's an idea, since you're never going to be able to 100% control every halfwit with access to a firearm, then how about letting responsible, vetted, and trained citizens carry a concealed handgun, so they can shoot the halfwits when they try something like this? The best counter to a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
GlassToTheArson, Tiffany32
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

First off, parent blaming annoys the shit out of me. It's completely ridiculous. As a society, if we're ever going to have any hope of getting a handle on the school shooting phenomenon the reflexive parent blaming needs to stop. This kids parents did EVERYTHING they could and the system failed them. He was already seeing psychiatrists, his parents even tried to get police to take their son into custody just a little while before the shootings because they felt he was dangerous. What more could they possibly do???

Just quit crucifying these people over halfassed assumptions & let his parents grieve in peace

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/elliot-...late-1.2653985
Quote:
It was Friday night when Elliot Rodger's mother got a call from her son's therapist that he had emailed a ranting manifesto about going on a deadly rampage.

The mother went to her son's YouTube channel and found the video in which he threatens to kill people. She alerted authorities and set off frantically with her ex-husband to Santa Barbara.

By the time they arrived, it was too late: their son had killed six people and then, authorities say, himself.

"They're in deep, deep grief," family friend Simon Astaire said Sunday as he recounted the family's ordeal. "Their grief which is nearly unbearable to be close to is as much for the loss of their son as for the victims."

It was the second time in recent months that Rodger's mother tried to intervene. In April, she had called one of her son's counsellors after seeing bizarre videos he had posted on YouTube, though not the disturbing one he posted shortly before the killings, Astaire said. The counsellor called a mental health service, which then called police.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff's deputies who showed up at Rodger's doorstep to check on his mental health, however, weren't aware of any videos, the department's spokeswoman Kelly Hoover said. They concluded after their visit that the well-mannered if shy young man posed no risk.
Mental health assessment challenges police

Sheriff Bill Brown has defended the deputies' actions, but the case highlights the challenges that police face in assessing the mental health of adults, particularly those with no history of violent breakdowns, institutionalizations or serious crimes.

"Obviously, looking back on this, it's a very tragic situation and we certainly wish that we could turn the clock back and maybe change some things," Brown told CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday.
California shooting

"At the time deputies interacted with him, he was able to convince them that he was OK," he said.

It's not clear whether the mother's concern about the videos was conveyed to the deputies. An email to the counsellor was not immediately returned.

Doris A. Fuller, executive director of the Virginia-based Treatment Advocacy Center, said California law has provisions that permit emergency psychiatric evaluations of individuals who pose a serious threat, but that was never triggered.

Rodger's family has disclosed their son was under the care of therapists.

"Once again, we are grieving over deaths and devastation caused by a young man who was sending up red flags for danger that failed to produce intervention in time to avert tragedy," Fuller said in a statement.

"In this case, the red flags were so big the killer's parents had called police ... and yet the system failed," she said.

Rodger, writing in a manifesto, said the police asked whether he had suicidal thoughts, and he was able to convince them he was fine. He said he was relieved his apartment wasn't searched because deputies would have uncovered the cache of weapons he used in the rampage in Isla Vista.

He posted at least 22 YouTube videos. He wrote in his manifesto that he uploaded most of his videos in the week leading up to April 26, when he originally planned to carry out his attacks. He postponed his plan after catching a cold.

"On the week leading up to date I set for the Day of Retribution, I uploaded several videos onto YouTube in order to express my views and feelings to the world, though I don't plan on uploading my ultimate video until minutes before the attack, because on that video I will talk about exactly why I'm doing this," Rodger wrote.

In the final video posted Friday, he sits in a black BMW in sunset light and appears to be acting out scripted lines and planned laughs.

"I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you," the son of a Hollywood director who worked on "The Hunger Games" says.

In his videos and writings, Rodger voices his contempt for everyone from his roommates to the human race, reserving special hate for two groups: the women he says kept him a virgin for all of his 22 years and the men they chose instead.

The rampage played out largely as he sketched it in public postings. He said he would start by "silently killing as many people as I can around Isla Vista by luring them into my apartment through some form of trickery." He said he would knock them out with a hammer, and slit their throats.

On Sunday, the sheriff's office identified the final victims as Cheng Yuan Hong, 20, and George Chen, 19 — both from San Jose — and Weihan Wang, 20, of Fremont. Hong and Chen were listed on the lease as Rodger's roommates. Investigators were trying to determine whether Wang was a roommate or was visiting the apartment.

Around 9:30 p.m., the shooting rampage began and lasted about 10 minutes.

In the end, he shot and killed three others at random, and injured 13 more either with gunshots or the BMW that he used as a battering ram against bicyclists and skateboarders.

Deputies found three semi-automatic handguns along with 400 unspent rounds in the car. All were purchased legally.

30564U, BBKF, Eyeswideshut2nite, Nickola, ousoonerchic, Pollucy, Tiffany32
Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 PM
ousoonerchic
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:116
~♡♡Girly Girl♡♡~

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3437 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8652

This is so crazy!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Definitely a Luka Magnotta vibe to this guy. It'd be nice to say that a few ass-whuppings and some good pussy would have fixed him right up, but that's never the case.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Eyeswideshut2nite, Pyramid_Head, Tiffany32, tootsieflowrslave
Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

vid unavailable

Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaka View Post
vid unavailable
YouTube pulled it, either in accordance with or in anticipation of investigators' orders.

As if yanking it so much later after the fact will somehow retroactively prevent downloaded copies of it from being disseminated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U, K9Grip, rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 05-27-2014, 01:01 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
Dude wasn't bad looking. It was the fact that he was a complete fucking creep douchebag that contributed to him not getting any.
I can't be the only one who finds him physically unattractive, right? Then add to that the fact that he wanted to physically rape and harm women who wouldn't give him the attention and affection he demanded - well, that's beyond off-putting.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
30564U, CrunchyCripple, durt, Pollucy, Pyramid_Head, Tiffany32, winvens
Old 05-27-2014, 01:50 AM
ousoonerchic
Offline:
Poster Rank:116
~♡♡Girly Girl♡♡~

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3437 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8652

At first glance he appears to be somewhat okay looking and then he opens his mouth. From there, everything about him is just..weird.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ousoonerchic For This Useful Post:
30564U, Eyeswideshut2nite
Old 05-27-2014, 02:10 AM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:363
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2029

I saw a picture of him first. I found him unattractive. Not even a little attractive. He looked "off" and also effeminate. Crazy and female qualities are not in my ball park.

I watched the video and it made him a little less effeminate, but also showed that he had no outward emotion, which made him even MORE unattractive. That, and the absolutely crazy shit coming out of his mouth.

I don't see how anyone could call him "Not bad looking". He reeks of danger and darkness - and that's just what I get from photos and video. It's probably much stronger in person.

THAT is why he's never had a girlfriend or gotten laid.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
30564U, Eyeswideshut2nite, K9Grip, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousoonerchic View Post
At first glance he appears to be somewhat okay looking and then he opens his mouth. From there, everything about him is just..weird.
CrustyNipple (sp? ) put it well, effeminate! He holds his lips like he's had a lot of fillers put in them and the sunglasses, seriously could they be anymore Ricky Martin?

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
30564U