Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Re: College Kid Records Confession Before Going A Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
How do you figure?

People do what they want to do regardless of what is right or wrong and how they happened to be brought up. This is also not a kid. He is a 22 year old man that suffered from a severe case of douchebaggery.
I agree to a point. Parents are not responsible for their children's actions after they become adults, however early proper parenting is the foundation for a child's future.

They will take the morals, values and all they have been taught and hopefully incorporate it into the adult they become. There obviously is a lot more to this, but something went haywire with this kid.

He obviously did not have the support or tools he needed growing up to handle whatever demons haunted him as an adult. I blame the parents, for 18 years it is their SOLE responsibility to assure this child grows up to be a productive member of society and a good person.

I assure you, this did did not wake up yesterday like this, this is a lifetime of behaviors that should have been addressed early on.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, Darkest Angel, Eyeswideshut2nite, Megamel29, Pollucy, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Tiffany32
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:711
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss741

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
How do you figure?

People do what they want to do regardless of what is right or wrong and how they happened to be brought up. This is also not a kid. He is a 22 year old man that suffered from a severe case of douchebaggery.
Good Point

Old 05-25-2014, 01:04 PM
TommyJarvisx3
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3476
Not a Dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss60

Not sure if anyone saw, but one of the people he sent his manifesto to released it to the media. This is some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever read. He was living a privileged life, but to him it wasn't privileged enough. Narcissistic misogynist monster.
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/225...FSp#fullscreen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyJarvisx3 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Kelseecat65, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJarvisx3 View Post
Not sure if anyone saw, but one of the people he sent his manifesto to released it to the media. This is some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever read. He was living a privileged life, but to him it wasn't privileged enough. Narcissistic misogynist monster.
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/225...FSp#fullscreen
Thank you for helping to prove my point, PARENTAL screw up, all around. By not taking his Asperger's (if he had it) seriously and giving him everything he wanted, THEY created this problem. NOT, the Asperger's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, TommyJarvisx3
Old 05-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Tiffany32
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:711

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss741

He looks like a spoiled rich kid to me with many narcissistic traits also deeply and emotionally disturbed, but who knows if he really has Asperger's or not.. but if he does , then maybe it should be looked into because there have been many cases of killings even mass killings involving an Asperger's individual ! That's all I'm saying ..

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiffany32 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 05-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

From my experience with it, Aspergers can cause violent outbursts and other violent actions IN SOME. My daughter was really bad about acting out violently (two that come to mind are when she hit her little sister in the face with a glass vase and cracked her head open....also when she took the hair dryer and burnt the same little sister badly) simply because she did not have the ability to cope and lacked empathy.

Early intervention is crucial in helping these people learn coping mechanism that allow them to express anger, sadness, frustration...etc. in productive ways. So in a way the parents could be to partially to blame if they did not ensure he had all the tools he needed early to carry into adulthood. I would think that would be the extent of the real blame on them.

He is an adult and the parents cant dictate the choices he makes now. At this point he is responsible for his wellness. He could just be a dick too. You cant blame everything on disorders. Sometimes people just make shitty choices.

Alydia, Azimuth, BBKF, Kelseecat65, Pyramid_Head, Sypher209, Tiffany32, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany32 View Post
He looks like a spoiled rich kid to me with many narcissistic traits also deeply and emotionally disturbed, but who knows if he really has Asperger's or not.. but if he does , then maybe it should be looked into because there have been many cases of killings even mass killings involving an Asperger's individual ! That's all I'm saying ..
Well, we all know how spoiled brats usually turn out.

Asperger's can go either way - all I'm saying is that if early intervention occurs and the parents do all the right things to give that kid the best chance, that makes a huge difference.

My son was pre-diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 2, officially at 7. The only signs were his extreme intelligence (reading books, knew the Presidents etc at age 2), rocking when he got excited and lack of focus. He was a social butterfly, so they did not think it was autism/asperger related, as that is usually not the case.

I worked with him daily. I got him into treatment, I did everything I could to make sure he had as normal a life as possible.
He is now 13, in the national jr. honor society, straight A honor roll, in middle school taking high school classes, has been in theater/drama every year since he was in kindergarten, is in newspaper/chess club/art club, you name it, he is in it.
Has a HUGE circle of friends he has known since K, and is fully supported by his classmates. He does not stand out as anything other than a normal, happy, well adjusted, happy teen.

Why did I tell you this, because, if I had just let things go and ignored it, or did not put 110% of my time and effort into doing everything I could to give him the tools he needed, he might have turned out totally different. Which is where I blame the parents, as that is where it all begins.

He knows about and has lived with Aspergers since he was 7, and he now controls it much better, and each year that goes on, it gets better. Through keeping himself educated and helping to run his own Asperger website, he has connected with many kids and his entire take on Aspergers, is he wants to educate people on it, and make it not be such a scary word to hear. As Aspergers is usually associated in the media with these types of events.

I'm just saying, Asperger kids sometimes get a bad rap, people hear the name and assume they are all 'bad'. I personally don't feel that way, I think that more parents NEED to get involved.

When shit like this goes down, the news jumps on the Asperger's bandwagon. After the first one, Jake asked me if this is how all Asperger kids turn out. I had to reassure him that more NON Asperger kids turn into adult killers.

All parents can do is provide their children (asperger or otherwise) with the proper tools and personally I don't think these parents, in any of the previously mentioned cases, did that.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Amy, An_Empty_Memory, Azimuth, BBKF, Darkest Angel, Eyeswideshut2nite, michmi, misserin15, Pollucy, Tiffany32, winvens
Old 05-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:274
XY
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss3063

Reading the manifesto is a trip. I'm not reading all of it, but I have been reading chunks. Here is his youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgs...53-0qm-FSGTOyQ

Azimuth, K9Grip, Kelseecat65
Old 05-25-2014, 03:52 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts