Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss484
Re: College Kid Records Confession Before Going A Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
Moving around is a bullshit excuse. I moved mostly every year of my life, but a few times every two years while growing up. As an adult we move about every 4 years. Eric Harris tried to give the same excuse, it's not moving that exaggerates/aggravates who they are and think they are. It's just another line of excuses from them. Never actually looking at themselves what they themselves are doing right or wrong.
It's not an excuse, but it can affect some people differently in a bad way. I doubt it helped his ability to make friends. Mix in some neglect growing up, his father never being around, the inability to talk to girls, shitty Hollywood superficial people, extreme materialism, self entitlement, delusions that the universe owes you everything and some rage for good measure. But at the end of it, it's not these things that will cause someone to go on a rampage. It's the person, and if their mind works like that all the environmental variables are just catalysts. Let's face it, the kid didn't have a hard life - unless you consider multiple laptops, a newer BMW and everything else paid for by your parents difficult. It was mostly in his mind. Good thing the stars didn't line up giving him sex and a relationship because he would have probably skinned the girl alive when time came for the breakup.

The high points from the manifesto, for those who didn't read it:
- He wanted his mother to be a high class prostitute and marry someone rich just for his sake
- He loved to throw drinks at people
- He tried to assault a group of kids, got his ass kicked and robbed and then acted like a victim
- Cried ALL the time
- Got really pissed at interracial couples, more than the norm
- Dropped classes because he couldn't handle seeing couples or guys talking to girls
- Wanted only hot girls then called everyone shallow
- Moved way too many times as a kid, must be over 15 moves from house to house mentioned
- Thought he could win the lottery by willing it really hard, spent thousands on tickets and never learned
- Overused the word "exquisite", generally to describe food
- Was a magnificent gentleman, sophisticated and intelligent

But in reality it was probably just those damn video games growing up. Titles that feature realistic violence such as Halo and Day of Defeat and World of Warcraft (lol) should be banned. Ban knives, cars and guns. Plus cars pollute the environment so that kills us all. Ban scissors just in case too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biohazard For This Useful Post:
30564U, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, winvens
Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 PM
SuicidalFaggot
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:4708

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss36

this guy is a hero

The Following 5 Users Disliked SuicidalFaggot For This Post:
30564U, Pigeon, shoelessjojackson, tootsieflowrslave, winvens
Old 05-29-2014, 09:33 PM
BoundKajira
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:9138
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

I totally would have fucked him. Too bad....

Old 05-30-2014, 12:11 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
Several sources have stated that was his intention. But, at least Patrick Batemen could get laid.
K-9, I did not know that. It really makes a lot of sense...there are a lot of identifiable similarities. Wow that would be creepy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Eyeswideshut2nite, K9Grip
Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:233
it's free if you boof it

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODISNOTGREAT For This Useful Post:
30564U, K9Grip
Old 05-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Don't know if someone else has posted this but it seems the police were informed of his youtube postings by people concerned and they didn't view them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
30564U, Pigeon
Old 05-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
Don't know if someone else has posted this but it seems the police were informed of his youtube postings by people concerned and they didn't view them.
Jesus Christ!

Old 05-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Police knew but didn't view Elliot Rodger's videos.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/30...#storylink=cpy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
30564U, BBKF, gatagato, Pigeon, winvens
Old 05-30-2014, 01:24 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

I've been watching this story fairly closely, but I haven't said anything about this specific issue, so I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

This idiot was indeed contacted by deputies and officers on a least two separate occasions. The current gripe from the media is that they never searched the idiot's apartment nor viewed his very incriminating videos. Even though the deputies and officers were aware of those videos. The deputies and officers contacted the idiot, interviewed him, and determined that he was not an immediate threat either to himself or others. Now this has to go down as one of the biggest misinterpretations in history...but were the deputies and officers actually at fault?

Well, let's take a look at some things that the media are leaving out (either due to lack of knowledge or intentionally).

First off, these kinds of "check the welfare" calls are fairly common. The shrink did his job by reporting his concerns, the family did their job by reporting their concerns, the idiot's friends also did their job by reporting their concerns. Ok...so far so good. Now when police respond to calls like these, they contact the alleged nut and conduct an interview to determine if said nut is a threat to either himself or others...that's it. Don't forget, only a very very small number of police actually have any formal training/education in dealing with and evaluation of psych issues. It's just not what they normally do. Now, this is important, there has to be (under the US Constitution) either reasonable suspicion or probable cause that a crime has been committed or is being committed for police to justify a search of either a person or their property. Be thankful for this, because without those safeguards, anyone could call the police and say you were a nut and then, whether you were or not, the police would search you and your property. Anything illegal they found incedent to that search would be chargeable to you. I'm not sure how the deputies and officers knew about the videos, but after watching the earlier videos my self, I'm not real sure that there was anything in those early videos that would have made police think the idiot was a threat to himself or others. Should the deputies and officers have viewed the videos? I don't know. If they had viewed the videos would that have been enough probable cause or reasonable to justify a search? Again, I don't know. Was this a mistake by the deputies and officers? I don't think so, either from a legal or moral perspective. Given the idiot's demeanor, looks, presence, and verbal ability, I don't think the videos would have mattered much. Police are basically looking for huge psych red flags and crazy off your ass behavior. The cops are only capable (by law) of making an opinion call on whether the idiot would be committed to a psych hold if there's no criminal charges. Lots of totally nutty people are denied psych admission even after police place a psych hold. The final call rests with the psych professional at the nut farm...not the police.

The media is also making much about the idiot's knives and guns. Well, he legally purchased everyone of the three handguns, the knives, and the ammunition. He also used California legal ten round reduced bullet capacity magazines...magazine capacity made no difference in this case.

Bottom line? I don't think the police made any mistakes in this case. Now, you know there are going to be many many law suits over this incident...and police policies and even laws will be changed as a result of what happened. But I don't think, given policies and laws in place right now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
BBKF, K9Grip, Olivia, Pigeon, winvens
Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I've been watching this story fairly closely, but I haven't said anything about this specific issue, so I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

This idiot was indeed contacted by deputies and officers on a least two separate occasions. The current gripe from the media is that they never searched the idiot's apartment nor viewed his very incriminating videos. Even though the deputies and officers were aware of those videos. The deputies and officers contacted the idiot, interviewed him, and determined that he was not an immediate threat either to himself or others. Now this has to go down as one of the biggest misinterpretations in history...but were the deputies and officers actually at fault?

Well, let's take a look at some things that the media are leaving out (either due to lack of knowledge or intentionally).

First off, these kinds of "check the welfare" calls are fairly common. The shrink did his job by reporting his concerns, the family did their job by reporting their concerns, the idiot's friends also did their job by reporting their concerns. Ok...so far so good. Now when police respond to calls like these, they contact the alleged nut and conduct an interview to determine if said nut is a threat to either himself or others...that's it. Don't forget, only a very very small number of police actually have any formal training/education in dealing with and evaluation of psych issues. It's just not what they normally do. Now, this is important, there has to be (under the US Constitution) either reasonable suspicion or probable cause that a crime has been committed or is being committed for police to justify a search of either a person or their property. Be thankful for this, because without those safeguards, anyone could call the police and say you were a nut and then, whether you were or not, the police would search you and your property. Anything illegal they found incedent to that search would be chargeable to you. I'm not sure how the deputies and officers knew about the videos, but after watching the earlier videos my self, I'm not real sure that there was anything in those early videos that would have made police think the idiot was a threat to himself or others. Should the deputies and officers have viewed the videos? I don't know. If they had viewed the videos would that have been enough probable cause or reasonable to justify a search? Again, I don't know. Was this a mistake by the deputies and officers? I don't think so, either from a legal or moral perspective. Given the idiot's demeanor, looks, presence, and verbal ability, I don't think the videos would have mattered much. Police are basically looking for huge psych red flags and crazy off your ass behavior. The cops are only capable (by law) of making an opinion call on whether the idiot would be committed to a psych hold if there's no criminal charges. Lots of totally nutty people are denied psych admission even after police place a psych hold. The final call rests with the psych professional at the nut farm...not the police.

The media is also making much about the idiot's knives and guns. Well, he legally purchased everyone of the three handguns, the knives, and the ammunition. He also used California legal ten round reduced bullet capacity magazines...magazine capacity made no difference in this case.

Bottom line? I don't think the police made any mistakes in this case. Now, you know there are going to be many many law suits over this incident...and police policies and even laws will be changed as a result of what happened. But I don't think, given policies and laws in place right now.
I'm glad they did in fact interview him. However, if people were concerned enough about the videos to contact the police, of course the police should have viewed those videos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Olivia, winvens