Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
His political affiliation would that of the "Asshole Troll Party" or the "I'm Gonna Say I'm An Independant, But I'm Really From The Hardcorp Anti-Police Progressive Party."

I'm sorry...isn't trolling a big deal here on DR? Don't folks get in big trouble for stuff like that? Is it me, or aren't we noticing this trolling pattern by several of our more contentious and inflamitory DR members?

oh shut up cry baby

Old 11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Drastic85
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:837
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss566

It's a Magnum P.I. and it could lodge under the skin and cause a nasty infection.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drastic85 For This Useful Post:
katzmeow
Old 11-30-2014, 05:28 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

As far as the officers' tactics are concerned...we need to remember that the average big city copper might respond to several of these type calls per shift that turn out to be absolutely nothing. It's easy to bag on their shit tactics and techniques on this one because it turned out bad. But cops, like very other human, get complacent and frankly, lazy. It difficult to keep a good tactical edge at all times and mistakes happen. As I've said before, I'm SWAT trained, but I made mistakes all the time...they never resulted in any incident, but I made them and I knew better. Humans make mistakes...that's just the way we are. In a perfect world those two officers would have sat back and watched the kid for a few minutes before acting, but based on the urgency and potential danger of the call, and for whatever reason, they zoomed in and put themselves in a very bad situation. Waiting might have resulted in the same outcome, but it's too late now.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
I'm TWAT trained

Old 12-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
*Officers "actions"

Your post stands in stark contrast to being an independent.

So why have you thrown a fit because someone blocked you? Don't pretend you're not, soon after you get blocked by a cop or ex cop. You immediately start posting threads that are critical of cops. Basically trolling him.

I wonder which political affiliation that behavior mimics....
What Nik are you an English major now? I was talking about the outcome of this officers actions. He ended up killing a kid, instead of tucking tail and running like our friend.

I can post whatever current events I want to. It's in no way trolling by posting officer shootings because your lil cop buddy blocked me..

Old 12-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
His political affiliation would that of the "Asshole Troll Party" or the "I'm Gonna Say I'm An Independant, But I'm Really From The Hardcorp Anti-Police Progressive Party."

I'm sorry...isn't trolling a big deal here on DR? Don't folks get in big trouble for stuff like that? Is it me, or aren't we noticing this trolling pattern by several of our more contentious and inflamitory DR members?
You trolling my threads that you can't read because you blocked me? Is that what you're referring? We can bring it up to a MOD, shall we?

Old 12-30-2014, 05:41 PM
turdburgler
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2433

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109

Quote:
The tactics used by the two officers was a total clusterfuck from beginning to end. You're absolutely correct about the distance. Those two coppers put themselves in an extremely bad position where they had no choice but to immediately take action even before they could get out of the vehicle. Had they had proper distance, then they would have had time. They would have had time to seek cover, assess the situation, and give proper verbal commands...the outcome would have been completely different. If the dispatcher had given the critical details...young kid and possible toy gun...but it probably wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome...the coppers put themselves too close to the bad guy and forced themselves to react too quickly. Distance=time & safety.
I am familure with that park. The cops were told the kid was on the swngset in the park. They entered where they could to be able to drive to the swingset. This was in the south side of the park, near where the building is. The poles separate the parking lot from the park, so they couldn't enter there. Once in the grass, they had to drive between the gazebo and the poles to get to where they were told he was. They had no where to go.

I keep asking what if this kid thought the guy was real? With that in mind, it explains a lot. He obviously was not that smart. He was menacing people in an area bad enough that I am surprised someone else didn't shoot him first. Why else would he try to draw down on cops ? An airsoft gun looks , feels and works like a real gun. I am 100% sure I could convince a kid it was real. Everyone wants to speculate on the cops frame of mind, but no one will speculate anything except that this kid was an angel. In spite of the facts of how he was acting.

I didn't see anyone else mention the additional arrests in the area. 8 other kids were arrested in the same area. That park and the RTA lot across the street , and ALL 8 were robbing people with BB guns. (This was a relica gun I know, but the arrests only allowed that information)

Old 12-30-2014, 06:52 PM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss783

In the Netherlands you cannot buy a replica weapon that looks like a real gun. All 'toy' guns are manufactured to look obviously like a toy, to prevent them being used in robberies, and to prevent tragedies like this from occurring.
But realistically, at 12 years old you should be past the age of playing cowboys and indians. I was.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 PM
turdburgler
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2433

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109

He was not playing "cowboys and Indians" . He was playing "Mean nugga shoot mafucka's"

The Following User Says Thank You to turdburgler For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-30-2014, 07:48 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Turdburgler can you not read? It says do not bump threads that are more than a week old.