Go Back  

Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #111  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmeow View Post
Quoted by Mr Pooh I don't know if you remember playing with a toy gun as a kid, but that does involve pointing and pretending to shoot.


Pretending at the age of 12??? I can see kids between 4-7 years old pretending to shoot bad guys, but a 12 year old is pushing it. I don’t know about boys, but girls stop play pretending around the age of 9.
To actually use a BB gun, you do need to actually aim and shoot. I'm not saying a 12 year old should be left unsupervised playing with a BB gun ever, especially in a public place granted. However, when the police get the call saying a kid was waving a “probably fake” gun at a playground, I would hope they don't respond the same as they would to an adult with a real gun.

Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
Sorry you are a soccer mom or some shit completely removed from reality.
Try this. Find out where the highest of your nearest cities murders are. Find a 12 year old kid. The kind that hangs out in one of the worst areas in the city, unsupervised and would point a gun at random people.
Make friends with him. Then come back and try to tell us how he is just some innocent angel playing with his toys in the park.
I understand ingnorance. But once you have been told better, you just become an idiot if you haven't learned.
I'm far from a soccer mom turd but I personally think the police should have responded to the call differently. I could post numerous videos of people who police know have guns that they don't shoot immediately. It could have been an approach from distance, if anything for the officers safety themselves. It was a horrible approach.

The particular officer was already disciplined at his last department and described as about to break by fellow officers. He then transferred to his current department and the incident happened. A smart police officer doesn't purposely put themselves in a situation where they risk getting shot.

If anything I think both the officer and the boys mother should hold some accountability.

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
He was old enough to know better than to point a BB gun that looks real at people. Or even a toy looking BB gun is to never pointed at people.
And a BB gun really isn't a toy.
That's true, and many 12 years olds do have poor judgement. He should have never been left their unsupervised by his parents or be playing with a bb gun without supervision. My problem with the situation is the officers approach. They got the call saying a kid had a probably fake gun. They could have easily approached from a distance, had a tazer out knowing it was a kid, approached with sirens on.. the list goes on.

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Poo is wishy-washy. His arguments or opinions aren't based on his firmly held beliefs or a set of morals.
They're based on Jon Stewarts opinions, or better yet, Jon Stewarts writers and producers opinions.
He doesn't know perspective.
Oh I see, my opinions aren't based on my beliefs or morals..

Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

I don't get why people can't think a 12 year old in a heavily crime area with a gun with violent intent is unheard of.

That is the typical starting age for gang initiations, and in many cases, a way in to the gang is random killings.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I don't get why people can't think a 12 year old in a heavily crime area with a gun with violent intent is unheard of.

That is the typical starting age for gang initiations, and in many cases, a way in to the gang is random killings.
I don't think it's unheard of for it to happen at all. That's why I think the response was bad, you don't hear about killings like this often..

You honestly think MOST gang initiations involve a random killing?

I'll tell you right now, that's not the case. It has happened before, but it's in no way the norm. The norm across the board is to get jumped in.

Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

"Many" wouldn't suggest "most", however many times enough has happened for it to be an known issue for law enforcement to profile teens brandishing a firearm in high gang locs., to be potentially fatal intent.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
"Many" wouldn't suggest "most", however many times enough has happened for it to be an known issue for law enforcement to profile teens brandishing a firearm in high gang locs., to be potentially fatal intent.
It's an urban legend more than a credible threat, look into it..

The fact remains that the caller stated it was a "kid" with a probably "fake gun" and police responded with more force than I feel was needed. Even after they noticed it was a kid, they didn't start administering first aid for 4 minutes until a detective and FBI agent arrived on the scene.

Bottom line, the kid shouldn't have been playing with a BB gun in a public place unsupervised. He or his mother aren't resolved of any blame in my eyes, they both were complicit in what happened. But in my view so is the officer. The same guy that other officers were worried about being on edge and who did the actual shooting. Purely based on the way he approached the situation.

Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
It's an urban legend more than a credible threat, look into it..

The fact remains that the caller stated it was a "kid" with a probably "fake gun" and police responded with more force than I feel was needed. Even after they noticed it was a kid, they didn't start administering first aid for 4 minutes until a detective and FBI agent arrived on the scene.

Bottom line, the kid shouldn't have been playing with a BB gun in a public place unsupervised. He or his mother aren't resolved of any blame in my eyes, they both were complicit in what happened. But in my view so is the officer. The same guy that other officers were worried about being on edge and who did the actual shooting. Purely based on the way he approached the situation.
Only some of the methods of random killing initiations are myths (ie the flashing lights at passing motorist) But like I said, isn't unheard of. Anyway, was just MY example of how it is VERY common for 12 year old kids in high crime, gang dense areas to be gun wielding thugs.

I first hand seen these kids with REAL guns.

#nolahoodsyo

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Cleveland Police Shoot 12-Year-Old Holding BB Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Only some of the methods of random killing initiations are myths (ie the flashing lights at passing motorist) But like I said, isn't unheard of. Anyway, was just MY example of how it is VERY common for 12 year old kids in high crime, gang dense areas to be gun wielding thugs.

I first hand seen these kids with REAL guns.

#nolahoodsyo
If he was a 12 year old looking to shoot a random person with a real gun, police had every right to do what they did. In this specific example however, he wasn't.

Normally a young gun wielding "thug" is going to be with a group of others. He isn't going to be haphazardly waiving a real gun around shooting trees with BBs.

You think this was a smart approach by police if they actually believed it was an adult with a gun who had been pointing it at people? Hell no. They would have risked their own lives because they were too exposed the way they rolled up.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO